PDA

View Full Version : Stand by- The scuttlebutt is wrong!

wrbones
07-25-02, 12:44 AM
Some folks been told I'm 60 some years old and my Ol Lady's name is Pat. Sorry to disappoint ya darlins, I'm 44, and my Ol Lady is Catherine! (Don't call her that, or she'll think she's in trouble!) I call her Cathy or "Ol' Lady". ( notice the caps!) Another Vet has a web site for his family. I don't have time, even if I had the skills, which I don't; or the money, which I don't. I spend most of my free time on this site, notice the number of posts since the site came back up, plus the time in the chat. Plus the time involved with other folks around here, which I greatly enjoy! Hey, where'd the banana come from? Anyway, I spent July of 1976 til 10 November of 1983 in the Marine Corps. I blew out my knees, or I'd still be there. I had two MOS's 6152/6153 and held the original 6055 MOS prior to that. I was born 29 August 1957 to James and Karen, and spent the first years of my life on Air Foce bases around the country, mostly in the west and midwest. I only have two children and two grand children. I figure on reaching 60, but not for a few years yet. Ya need more info or an ear to bend for whatever reason, I'm here for ya, PM me or e-mail me and we'll figure something out. OOOOfrigginRAH! MARINE CORPS !!!!enuff said, and ya know enuff not to believe scuttlebutt to begin with! What's the matter with ya anyway! How cute . a rabbit...where's a ****in rock?

Shaffer
07-25-02, 01:01 AM
Too funny bro! Whats wrong you don't like the rabbit?:bunny:
Or the Banana? :banana: How about the alien? :alien: Hey that ones looks like Cas...LOL

SF,
Jerry

Chenedog
07-25-02, 02:34 AM
Hey Bones

6153 CH46 Hyd Dude.

You're the guy with all of the freon corsing through your veins. LMAO

Too many sminly faces to choose from over here.....I'm so confused:tired:

Looks like a lot of fun over this side.

See you around

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/df3dce7d/bc/My+Photos/aircrewbadge.jpg?bcpT0Z9AuNj9eCeT

Semper Fi!

Chenedog

wrbones
07-25-02, 03:45 AM
Good to see ya, phrog man. It's not a bad place to hang, bro. Not bad at all. ( Freeeeooooon.....drool....)

Barndog
07-25-02, 06:16 AM
See? Bones has a couple months on me - 19 Nov 57 (same age for you math wizards) 6114/6125/6046 (UH-1-AH-1 Maint Admin/Analysis - Technical Publications)
Bone, you dont need no stinkin rock.... you got me. Hop on these decreped shoulders (they large, they hurt, but I bet I can still carry yer ass).
I'll shoot the rabbit, and we'll make stew. Cajun rabbit stew anyone? LOL Someone bring the beer.

Semper FI

Barndog

gemntx
07-25-02, 07:48 AM
you hard charging Marines that kept the likes of me and others in the air. I'm just a broken down Phrog driver (with a little 53 & H1 experience) from the East Coast. Thanks for all of your long hours and hard thankless work in providing us with strong safe aircraft (which we usually brought back broke).

Call me when we have a sign off.

Glenn

JAMarine
07-25-02, 08:02 AM
Yes We Do.

I've got a year or so on you but I look to be in my Mid - 30's..... so I'm told.

I was also an Air Force Brat for some years until retiring in the "Lone Star" state.

Your shoulders get too tired I'll take the load Bro.

Glad you here. Even more happy we're friends.

Yak with ya soon.

Uhhhhh Ohhhhhh. Hey look Warren, LL caught something.

CAS3
07-25-02, 08:28 AM
Just kidding Bones!!;)
So Jerry, what was that you were saying about me? :p

Sparrowhawk
07-25-02, 09:32 AM
:banana: http://www.burnoutwear.com/hare.jpg :banana:

LadyLeatherneck
07-25-02, 12:47 PM
Wrbones I totally apologize for thinking you were around
60 years old. I just assumed. Don't ask me why? I just
did..LOL! I guess I saw the "bones" and just thought
"old fart"..LMAO!! It's going to take me some time to
knock off those 20 years I had added on you but I'll
get use to it. I'll take you out of the old fart category
where I got my Big Bro Roger at ;) You actually MIGHT
be just young enough to date now..ROTFLMAO!!! :D

thedrifter
07-25-02, 01:32 PM
I Resent That.........LMAO........

I'm Proud to be an Old Fart....

but still young at Heart.........

So now I know who started that rumor on Bones....LOL

Sempers,

Roger:banana:

Ploft
07-25-02, 01:59 PM
Don't knock on the Old Farts, Pay back is HELL LMAO:devious:

wrbones
07-25-02, 02:45 PM
LL, darlin, you weren't the only one, dear. Heard it from two or three others, also. Just making sure y'all weren't class;)ifying me as dangerous just yet! . One thing ya learn over the years is that old farts are dangerous! LOL They don't have time or energy to screw around with ya! They'll take ya out inna heart beat if ya ain't careful! ( That's a nod to the old farts, just ta keep 'em offa my back!) Hay, shaffer, if ya'd had Bugs Bunny in there, I wouldn't minded! LOL. A cute little rabbit surprised the **** outta me! LMAO. ( Where's that rock, now....) Hey, Major> You keep coming up with stuff I haven't heard in years." Call me when ya have a sign-off!" LMAO. When I worked Maintenance Control, there was no waiitin'. That bird'd be ready for ya! Unless ya brought it back with 15 or more VIDS/MAFS! Then ya got that same bird every time. You gonna down it fer crap, you gonna fly it every time! LOL.;)

Barrio_rat
07-25-02, 05:19 PM
LOL.. Old Fart.. well, if nothing else, he's an Old Fart in training! He may not be 60 but he sure acts like it! Just 'cause he's older don't make him wiser. I still think he keeps a dictionary,...

Barrio_rat
07-25-02, 05:25 PM
Another picture I have found of wrbones.. This time he's enjoying the summer in his pool. He usually keeps it out back but will sometimes move it around and let the neighbor kids enjoy it too.

Keep up the good work bones!

Barrio_rat
07-25-02, 05:36 PM
Here we have one of a young wrbones... It is believed that this is the begining of his criminal years.

wrbones
07-25-02, 05:43 PM
They gonna bust ya over that first pic. And concerning the last pic, the tank on my bike was black! So it couldn't be me! I'm innocent, I tell ya, innocent! Concerning the dictionary....well.....as opposed to some folks around here, I have a vocabulary......;)

Barrio_rat
07-25-02, 05:52 PM
Well, my appologies to anyone and everyone who may be offended by the 1st pic. But then, wouldn't be the 1st time nor, I'm sure, will it be the last time that I get busted. I know, everyone is innocent until caught. ;) As far as the dictionary goes... At least you can use one!

SF friend

gemntx
07-29-02, 10:48 AM
1. Why did they call it Collective Pitch? I never collected
> > any. Usually ran out of it about the same time as altitude
> > and airspeed.
> >
> > 2. Why didn't Ma Bell add more left pedal and
> > aft cyclic? I always had
> > lots of right pedal and forward cyclic. It
> > seems like they could have
> > reduced those and added to the ones we needed.
> >
> > 3. Why did they put the only radio (KY-28) that
> > had to be recovered if
> > you went down in the most inaccessible part of
> > the aircraft?
> >
> > 4. Why did the pilots have armored seats but
> > the Chief and Gunner
> > didn't?
> >
> > 5. Why did situations that called for all the
> > torque the engine could
> > produce also require full use of the anti-torque
> > pedal followed by that
> > damn flashing red light? (Seems contradictory)
> >
> > 6. Why did they call them Hammer-Head stalls?
> > Maybe because only a
> > hammer head would try one in a helicopter.
> >
> > 7. Why did I always get an aircraft with a major 1 to 1
> > when I had a hangover? (For you non-rotor heads, a
> > "1 to 1" is a vertical vibration that pounds you into the
> > seat and quakes through your body one time for
> > each revolution of the main rotor - usually at a
> > rate of app. 294-324 RPM, and the faster you fly,
> > the harder it pounds After a while it begins to hurt,
> > ---even if you don't have a hangover.)
> >
> > 8. Why didn't Ma Bell make the skin out of duct
> > tape so it would match the patches?
> >
> > 9. Why did they make a main rotor system that
> > could cut down small Sequoia trees, and a tail rotor
> > system that self-destructed if it encountered anything
> > bigger than a bumblebee?
> >
> > 10. Why were they called landing skids? Were
> > they intended for landing or skidding?
> >
> > 11. Why did the amount of time I had to spend in an LZ
> > increase exponentially with the amount of fire I was
> > receiving?
> >
> > 12. Why didn't 33 beer taste any better cold
> > than it did hot?
> >
> > 13. Why did the smoke from the s**t barrel
> > always blow towards my tent/hooch?
> >
> > 14. Why was the PX always out of everything on
> > my day off?
> >
> > And the biggest question of all.......
> >
> > 15. Why does a Bell helicopter have unusual
> > noises that can only be heard at night or while
> > in the clouds?
> >

Static_Sky
07-29-02, 11:16 AM
damn bones I thought ya was old:D , I dunno what they didn't make it outta duct tape. maybe ya can't paint it

wrbones
07-29-02, 12:24 PM
I needed the belly laugh! I always had questions like that myself. Seems no one had any answers that made sense either! LMAO. That KY-28 was in the weirdest spot, no matter what kinda helicopter it was on! Those one to one's not only rattled yer teeth, they got scary after awhile!Ya think ya got feedback in the radio, and it's just yer teeth clacking together! LOL. Got a question for ya. Did anyone ever sign off a gripe about adjusting the nut behind the stick on yer watch? LMAO. Knew a guy did a loop inna CH-53 once, they had to send the bird to rework! LMAO. Crew Chief turned in his wings fer some reason........

gemntx
07-29-02, 12:30 PM
I had an avionics type that tried that once. I took him on a test hop.:eek: He got the picture then. Avionics types were a different breed anyway. I talked with one of the pilots that did the loop in the 53. It was rather amazing. In the words of "Dirty" Harry Callahan, "A man must know his limitations."

Glenn

wrbones
08-03-02, 03:47 PM
Had an avionics gripe on a CH-53 once at HMT-301. We had a couple of good Marines in the Avionics shop, but they couldn't get it figured out after three test flights and a weeks worth of work. Both 1st and 2nd stage lights came on at the same time in flight! Well, Major, you can understand just how upsetting that might be to the initiated...let alone the uninitiated! Avionics finally sent the VIDS/MAF to Hydraulics. The crew chief brought the gripe to me, said we're going on a test flight, and a bit later away we went. Out over Pendleton where I stood in the access to the cockpit and then said over the radio," I don't see a thing, what's the problem?" Crew chief told the pilot to do his thing. A little collective, a bit of left stick and a bit of right stick, and he board lit up! My jaw dropped, and when asked what to do, I pointed at the deck and said " Get us down. NOW!" Crew chief had a self satisfied look on his face fer some reason. We got back to base, I signed off that MAF and wrote up another one referring to the first. "Change first and second stage pressure switches." It was a cheap and easy fix and if the problem didn't go away, I figured Avionics could go from there or else BOTH manifolds were bad. Argued with avionics and they finally changed the pressure switches and the problem went away.....but for what seemed like a week long trip back to MCAS(H) Tustin that day, I was reviewing emergency egress procedures in my mind ......with some great diligence.... The problem with avionics types is that if it's too simple, they can't figure it out, and who woulda believed BOTH switches could go at the same time! But I always was a bit strange........

Barrio_rat
08-04-02, 12:50 AM
Hey bones.. Always figured if Ordnance (duct) Tape and a BFH couldn't fix it, it just couldn't be fixed!