PDA

View Full Version : GI Bill questions

BigWayne3000
12-12-07, 07:12 PM
Hello, all, I'm a Reservist. My question is, am I able to use the GI Bill to pay back student loans I already have or can I only access that money for my future schooling? Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried google but I couldnt find anything but then again, I may just be an idiot ha. Thank you in advance. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks again and Semper Fi.

thewookie
12-12-07, 07:22 PM
Hello, all, I'm a Reservist. My question is, am I able to use the GI Bill to pay back student loans I already have or can I only access that money for my future schooling? Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried google but I couldnt find anything but then again, I may just be an idiot ha. Thank you in advance. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks again and Semper Fi.

I think you can check more here;

https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/timeout.cfm

but I think it's only for future schooling. I'm using the GI bill right now and it's a pretty good deal for me. I'm recognized as a full time student so I get direct deposited $1,101 a month. My classes cost me about $925 every other month plus the book cost of around $100. So you can do the math, it's not bad seeing how I paid $1,200 into it initially, not a bad ROI if you ask me!

BigWayne3000
12-12-07, 07:24 PM
Yea but you were Active Duty no? I won't get nearly that much a month. But still every little bit helps. Thank you.

thewookie
12-12-07, 07:26 PM
I was active, Big Wayne, good luck bro

BigWayne3000
12-12-07, 07:48 PM
Well I found my answer on that site provide and I can not use it for past loans. Thank you again. I guess my credit will suck for atleast another yr ha.