PDA

View Full Version : 5-Year Old Kills 445-Pound Bear

yellowwing
12-12-07, 08:03 AM
5-Year Old Kills 445-Pound Bear
December 12, 2007 6:17 a.m. EST
Isabelle Duerme - AHN News Writer (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7009432013)

Arkansas County, AR (AHN) - A 5-year old boy aimed and shot dead a 445-pound bear while on a hunting trip with his grandfather Sunday.

Tre Merritt, the toddler and hunter, recounted his experience while he was up on a tree stand with his grandfather Mike and saw the bear come into view.

"I was up in the stand and I seen the bear," TransWorld News quoted Tre. "It came from the thicket and it was beside the road and I shot it."

Mike Merritt added to the account, saying that the bear came in about 40 to 50 yards, and then walked right out in the open.

"I whistled at him and he stopped and I said 'Shoot Tre.' I said, 'Tre, you missed the bear.' He said, 'Paw-paw, I squeezed the trigger and I didn't close my eyes. I killed him.'"

Tre's father admitted that the incident brought him to tears.

"Davy Crockett supposedly killed him a bear when he was three and Tre is five," Eyewitness News quoted the proud father. "But he really killed a bear. I really doubt Davy killed one when he was three, so it's just absolutely amazing."

The family revealed plans to have a life-sized mount of the bear.

Tre's father continued to beam, saying that his son was taught how to shoot at the age of two. He added that the toddler managed to kill three deer just last year, and now plans to kill a turkey and an elk.

USMC_1983-89
12-12-07, 03:55 PM
Good shoot. Shame there's no pictures...

SlingerDun
12-12-07, 05:52 PM
5-Year Old Kills 445-Pound BearLarge enough hide for a blankey AND booty jammies

sparkie
12-12-07, 06:44 PM
The next Sgt. York. Even I'm proud of him.