PDA

View Full Version : Son Screwed Up

logans105
12-11-07, 03:00 PM
So here's the story, my Marine before leaving for boot had some tats, he was okayed with them and after boot had some more, well now he's a lance corporal about a week and decides while out with another marine to go for another tat, CAN WE SAY DUMBASS !!:( , the story goes, he was told that the latest one was okay to do by of all people the guy doing the tat and another marine, so he listens, anyway, he gets this new tat and so does his buddie, they go back to base and find out that it may be alot more trouble than worth, well rather than try to hide it or lie about it, he goes to his corporal and shows it to him and asks what to do next, he then goes to his sergeant and talks to him, the sergeant explains to him what a dumbass he is and says that since he hasn't had any marks on him since joining and he does his job very well and hasn't every done anything to get into any trouble at all he feels that either it's a MJP or a warning to be given him, okay he knows he did a wrong thing, so he's ready for what's coming to him.:evilgrin:
so he's told that the sergeants don't feel a MJP is the answer since he didn't do it to **** anyone off or anything like it, so they are suggesting the warning paper, well,,guess again, he calls me this morning very upset and says he went in front of his first sergeant (which isn't anyone to **** off ) and basically comes out of it with the total understanding that this first sergeant intends to have him thrown out of the corps, upset is to say the least, he doesn't want out, he knows he messed up and wants to stay in, so now he goes to see the co tomorrow, he's pretty sure he's done, some of you have been in longer and dealt with this type of thing, so what are your feelings and thoughts?? I know that they have been dealing with drinking and problems with drugs and other things, but to me kicking him out is a bit much, discipline is a must but to kick him out ... maybe it's just me but I think it's a bit much... worried..

logans105
12-11-07, 03:25 PM
well, just got off the phone again, seems that he's now been told by the legal services on base that tomorrow the rumor is that he's going to get his leave for xmas revoked so he won't be coming home friday and they will either be booting him out or MJP and taking more than half his pay out of him for two months, basically 3/4 of his pay will be taken from him and his rank..wow all for a tattoo, I guess he should have gotten drunk or done something like the other marines he knows have done..I just can't believe all this...discipline yes, over the edge, no..this really seems like it's over the edge to me..

Big Jim
12-11-07, 03:37 PM
Listen..first Of All, It's Called N-J-P Non-Judicial Punishment And He Should Probably Take What Ever They Give Him And Be Happy They Don't Kick Him Out Of The Corps Because Its A Lesser Punishment...

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-07, 03:46 PM
It isn't at all over the top. There are rules and regulations in place. Failing to follow those regulations is a crime. About the best he can hope for is that he will be NJP'ed and that they'll take some of his pay.

We play by big-boy rules. If you do something wrong you pay the consequences. He knew he was screwing up because he bothered to ask if it was OK. Of course, rather than asking someone in his chain of command he decided to ask the person that would be getting paid for doing the work. Very poor decision.

GySgtRet
12-11-07, 04:25 PM
I couldn't have said it better myself. Good order and discipline never hurt anybody. Follow the rules and you will be fine. NJP, well whatever the Commanding Officer wants to do. I am sure this young Marine knew what was right from wrong and chose to be talked into something that he thought he could blow-off, not in my Marine Coprs. I think that a CO can still give a sentence to the brig can't they? At least restriction to the barracks. I back the First SGt 100%, you can't let things go especially when you know right from wrong. I wish moms and dads had some kind of training in what to excpect for when their young Marines do things.

Good luck ma'am.

logans105
12-11-07, 05:03 PM
I thank you all for your comments, and just for the record, I have always made my son pay for his actions, I do believe he shouldn't get off with a slap on the wrist, and yes I think he knew what he did, I do give him credit for not hiding it from his sargeant and being man enough to own up to his really stupid choice he made, he could have done what his buddie is doing and that is to hide the tattoo as his sargeants told him to do, so I do give him some credit for doing the right thing after messing up so bad. I know he'll get whatever they deem right for what he did, but to kick him out would not be a good thing, even though he messed up , he still doesn't want out, he knows he has to deal with the big boys and do whats right. and I don't really need someone to tell me to train me in how things work, I have had months of training and have a pretty good idea how this goes...I'm not one of those "my poor baby" moms, never was, never will be, I am more disappointed in him that any of you could ever be. hopefully things will work out for the best. again , thanks for you comments

Phantom Blooper
12-11-07, 05:29 PM
Ma'am, it's not the tattoo. It's Disobeying A Lawful Order under the UCMJ. When this policy was put in place by the new incoming commandant a few months ago ALL Marines were informed by an ALLMAR bulletin and waivers were needed for Marines with existing tattoos and sleeved tattoos. You can do a search on this site about tattoos...probally in the July 07 time frame and you should be able to get answers.

And for the record...orders are orders.... The getting drunk and doing something that other Marines have done could have the alternative of getting court martial ed and booted out. Some get over and some get caught. Just because it's the Marine Corps .....that's life.

I.E. Speeding,running lights just to name a few. Permanent ink is kind of hard to hide in uniform.

As long as he keeps his nose clean it is not the end of his career. Live and learn.

What was the tattoo of?

:evilgrin:

sparkie
12-11-07, 06:06 PM
The Tatoo was based on stupidity,,,, And I'm sure it reflects that very well. Phantom,,, You are so right.

logans105
12-11-07, 06:18 PM
Stupidity is totally the word I used with him on the phone several times today, I figured it wasn't worth my chewing his butt since I'm sure he's getting more than enough of that as we speak. Stupid, yes and when I asked him if he was done with the tattos, he said "yes I most certainly am" , so at least I hope that he's learned a hard lesson from his being so stupid and I'm sure over the next days,months or whatever the military sees fit he learns to deal with the actions he takes and take it like a man. Life is hard enough without making your own problems, he will learn some great lessons before he's done and hopefully he'll move on from this and someday look back at it and wonder why he was so stupid in the first place.. again thanks for the input..

SlingerDun
12-11-07, 07:21 PM
discipline is a must but to kick him out ... maybe it's just me but I think it's a bit much... worried..Thats hard boiled. What and where is this ink?

--->Dave

Echo_Four_Bravo
12-11-07, 08:36 PM
Ma'am, I hope you understand that we mean no disrespect to you at all. We were all LCPLs once and I promise each of us did our fair share of stupid things. But we also get defensive pretty quickly. When you said that the Marine Corps was going to far to remove him it hit a nerve with me. They would be totally within their rights to remove a Marine for willfully disobeying a direct order. The tattoo policy is harsh. Many believe that it is too strict. But, the Commandant is the Commandant, and we do as he says.

I have no idea what course of action your son's CO will take. It could be to remove him from the Marine Corps. It is probably more likely that he will be restricted to quarters and lose some money and maybe rank. Either way, your son can take this lesson and apply it to his life and be better off for it.

GySgtRet
12-11-07, 08:48 PM
If you still have this question after the dialog I would suggest that you research the ALMAR that has been mentioned. This ALMAR gives the prescise order of the letter of the Commandant of the Marine Corps. Please search around the June to July timeframe and get back with us when you get your answer. If the regular Marine Corps adheers to the ALMAR it will apply to the IRR also.

logans105,

Ma'am,

One of the worse things that can occur for your son is a "SEA LAWYER", this is really waht can make a Marine look and act really stupid. I would have hoped that the Marine Corps would not still have them but I am afraid that they still exsist in the Corps. These "SEA LAWYERS" exsist in every unit unfortunantely and they think they have all of the correct answers and
counsel, they do not. This could be your son's undoing if he listens to them. The 1st Sgt is more than likely scaring your son and will be watching your son and the rest of the command as I said before good order and discipline is for every Marine not just some. while it seems to you to be an un-do harshness this is warranted completly and will be a lesson for your son and all new members of this command.

We wish your son well, and hopefully this will be the end of this.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-07, 10:58 PM
Ma'am: <br />
<br />
Having been a proud member of the LCpl mafia, and gotten over it (LOL), the bottom line is, young Marines do stupid things. It's a fact of life. Good 1stSgt's don't take it personal,...

logans105
12-12-07, 07:06 AM
Good morning gentleman,
After many hours of thinking and not sleeping last night, doing what a good mother does..lol.. I spoke to my son yesterday a total of four or five times, at first he was more than upset, then he went into kicking his own behind without the help of anyone else, then he was trying the ticked off attitude of "over a tat !" crap, but last night his last call to me was the call that hit home with me, finally he settled down and realized that he caused this on himself and he has to take what's coming for his actions..it was a blessed moment for me to say the least. He told me that this has to be the most idiotic thing he's done to date, but he said that the first sargeant yelling at him for hours and getting in his face was not the worse of it, but aftet the first sargeant left the room and he sat alone with his sargeant that he respects more than anyone, his sargeant told him that he was really saddened by this whole mess because he didn't want to loose a good marine over a tat, but that it wasn't just the tat, it was that he made a poor judgement and caused this to himself, so my son now tells me that the thing that has him more ticked with himself is that he disappointed his sargeant, the man he looks up to so much..yippie, finally he gets it ! I told him that you have to earn respect and you have to give it, we talked for several hours and he knows that whatever they hand down to him it's his own doing and he deserves it, so yes, even though I will be crushed if he can't home friday as planned, it is what it is and he has to be a man and take what he gets for his actions. I told him that it wasn't so much the tat, it's the orders, he dis obeyed orders and that's a huge thing in any military and if they let him stay he should say his prayers and thank God he's still there. So I do appreciate what you have all said to me over this and I take no offense whatsoever to any of your words..as for the poolee, hell NO!! don't get not one tat, it's not worth it, stay clean and do what your told and you'll not go through this type of thing.
My son goes before the first sargeant again this morning to find out what they intend to do with him, I basically told him to be calm, and deal with whatever it is like a man. He was told that they were planning to possibly take away his leave (which we figured was going to happen) and he'd loose rank, loose 3/4 of his pay for the next two months,restricted to base, extra duties and the whole nine yards so yes, he's ready for it, he believes that is worth it if they don't kick him out as he doesn't want to leave. so in the end he'll have learned the hard way a valuable lesson, and hopefully he'll go on to be a better marine.
Thank you for your words of honesty and encouragement for me, this is a hard road to take for a mom, your natural tendency is to try and protect your children, so knowing this is something for which you have no answers and can only sit back and wait and watch is hard to do, but it will be done.

Again, thanks to all of you, God bless you and keep you all safe.

Phantom Blooper
12-12-07, 07:20 AM
I know you are worried about your son and as a MOM one of the toughest jobs in the Marine Corps! Please let us know what happened to this young man. As you stated and it is true we are a brother and sisterhood in the Marines and your son although you birthed and raised, the Marines bred into manhood.

If it is not too stressful or heartbreaking please let us know. As you stated a day late and dollar short so to speak this may be a lesson for young poolees that come here asking questions and are hell bent on getting a tattoo. Take care! Thank you! And good luck to your son!:evilgrin:

ggyoung
12-12-07, 12:21 PM
Gone are the days that a sargeant can more or less put his strips on the table for one of his best troopers. Gone are the days that a sargeant can make a trooper dig a "6x6x6" everyday after hours for 5 days. I think that is a shame.

bigdog21
12-12-07, 12:58 PM
Take a look at this site its for tatto removal www.wreckingbalm.com (http://www.wreckingbalm.com) it might help.

logans105
12-13-07, 06:58 AM
Mornin guys,
Well phantom here's the news that's fit to print.. My marine called yesterday and had some more news for me. He asked me if I remember him telling me about being "quarter decked" in basic:evilgrin: , to which I replyed, yep seems like you had alot of that..lol..well, he was pleased to report that the first step to his punishment was to have his favorite sargeant quarter deck him for about 2 hours after which he said he joyfully puked his guts out:sick: , he said it had been awhile since doing that activity and he hoped he would never do it again, but alas, he's a momentary dumbass..lol. He also stated that his sargeant received great joy in doing it and let him know it, they have a bond and my son thinks the world of this man.
His first sargeant isn't having him kicked out, but as expected he has several issues to deal with, all of which he's going to take as it comes, he will go in front of a board for a NJP and he may or maynot get it depending on what they feel, but he's confident it's coming,now all men in his position who haven't yet made this type of stupid decision should really think about this hard, he will loose rank, which he just got a week ago, he will loose almost all of his pay for two months, he will be restricted to base, he will do extra duties (whatever goodies they can come up with) and you all know it won't be fun and it's yet to be decided if he can still come home tomorrow on his previously granted leave, and if he gets to come home at all it will be on a high risk leave and he will have to call his sargeant every day that he is home, so really , is a tat worth all this???? I think not. He stated that they can do as much as they like with him as long as he gets to stay, I think that more young men and poolees should read all of this to fully understand that rules are rules and even if you think your smarter than some you always pay in the end for stupid decisions, it's a part of growing up but why take this route if you don't have to.
I don't think that these young men really know what will happen to them if they do as they like instead of what they are meant to do, the issue isn't tats or drinking or drugs or any of that, it's rules and orders, and after a week of stress and concern over his future he has learned the hard way that nothing is worth what he's going through now, this has taught him a great deal and the more we talk the more I see the man coming out and the young know it all boy leaving.
This has been to say the least a rough time for good ole mom, but if it helps make him a better man with higher morals and standards, then it's all been worth it. Even though I would love to see him tomorrow , I don't expect it and that will be hard but I know it's for the best, you have to learn to pay for your decisions.
Talking with all of you helps a great deal, we here on the outside don't fully understand the life you lead, maybe we never will. But I respect all of you more than you know, so again, thank you for all your input and God bless you and keep you all safe and well during the upcoming holidays and always.

Phantom Blooper
12-13-07, 07:27 AM
Anticipation...sucks!

The First Sergeant,Platoon Commander,Platoon Sergeant,Squad Leader(Favorite Sergeant) will make recommendations to the Commanding Officer before calling your son in to report to the CO for NJP. As in any court proceeding the CO is the judge or the magistrate...so to speak he will listen to all,then your son and then make his decision.He can accept,reduce or increase the recommendations.

It sounds like and I maybe wrong....due to the PT'ing that they (Command) are trying to scare your son straight. He just picked up LCPL a week ago and his pay hasn't had time to take effect on the Unit Diary.

He may receive all the above punishment...but it seems like the command is doing it's best to work with this young man. Hopefully,it is like I am saying and they will do something but maybe not all.

I worked with and lead young Marines that had momentary brain farts but,were squared away in every other aspect of Marine Corps life. The recommendations of the above have a lot of sweat impact and the delay tactic could be logistical or giving the young man time to think of his infraction. From what I read it looks like it's working.

Again hope all goes well! And may the spirit of Christmas be with the Company First Sergeant instead of the Grinch of Christmas past!

GySgtRet
12-13-07, 11:55 AM
If I may add to what Phantom has stated. It is not all or non in these cases. The platoon Sgt and all other with the aspect of good order and discipline are involved. Your son may be made an example of what not to do but according to what you have provided I doubt that he will be made the example he a very strong Sgt and it may turn out that all senences are executed but not vacated, this means that he has to walk the line for a specific time frame and may not loose anyhting. The command authority is final and cannot be disputed. Your son like any Marine will have 15 days to appeal the Commanding Officer's descision. It seems to the Marines here on the forum that your son is getting a fair shake and will be all the better for it. If I were the 1st Sgt I would not want to risk your son going home, on ther otherhand he wants things to remain in harmony with all of the Marines in the command so it is going to be a tossup. I would see the potential in your son and for go going on leave and liberty myself if it would make a change for the better, but that is just what this old Gunny would do. Phantom I always welcome your comments bro, lay it on me.

Semper Fi

Proffitt
12-13-07, 01:03 PM
The two above comments are totally true. The Sgt wouldn't have even messed with the PTing or ITing (whatever they want to call it) if they had plans on NJPing him too. I can't speak for them though, every command is completely different. It does sound like they are trying to scare him, and that they think he is a good Marine. If he had already had a bad record, they wouldn't waste any time whatsoever in charging him. Nobody likes a sh**bag Marine, they like to make examples out of them every chance they get. Good luck, and tell your son to stay on the down low for awhile. :usmc:

thedrifter
12-13-07, 01:26 PM
I see almost everyday those 10%/or a sh**bag Marine, on Lejuene Blvd in their orange jumpsuit cleaning up the medium....;)

Ellie

Proffitt
12-13-07, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah, the CCU Marines. (Corrective Custody Unit) I think. They look like real winners with their jumpsuits and bloused boots huh....ha. Wouldn't that be a waste though, still having to follow...

David Jameson
12-13-07, 01:45 PM
I love a Happy ending ---Merry -Xmas:beer:

Phantom Blooper
12-13-07, 02:56 PM
Gunny I would do the same if.......it was not the Christmas holidays. If this young Marine is deemed worthy they might still give him his leave. Not to sound harsh but if was not this time of year my recommendation would be the restriction and that would make null the leave.

In the past I used the scare tactics and it worked and I had a PFC get meritorious LCPL and CPL under my wing and go to be Marine of the Month and Quarter. It does work and have benefits. The thing is not take the SGT or command for granted. Keep a level head,a stiff lip, and a squared away appearance,attitude and performance.

Yes Sgt,Yes 1st Sgt,How high sir....want me to go higher! At least until the probation period is off and then still maintain the squareded away position.

I honestly wish the young man well! But whatever happens ...orders are to followed!:evilgrin:

ggyoung
12-13-07, 04:46 PM
This young mans Sgt. has had a real good talk with the 1stSgt. and has recamened what ever he gets and I will bet on that.

LeonardLawrence
12-14-07, 03:34 AM
I miss the days of running young men up very big hills until I get tired...or they get my point. (or both).

Sounds like a good Sgt and he will be a great advocate for your son, based on what you wrote if it comes to NJP.

Good luck to him...and you.

Remember, the rules are getting stricter...not easier. Right or wrong, that is how the chips fall.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-07, 02:51 PM
Please let us know, ma'am, what the final outcome is.

Also, I agree, if he had the guts puked outta him, that likely wasn't something the Platoon sergeant did on his own (I sure never would have, not for that long, without guidance from 'higher'), it could be a good sign.

Were I the lads Platoon Sergeant, I'd revoke his leave, and he'd have the duty for the entire Christmas season. New Years would be dependant on how well he did, but I'd go to the 1stSgt and see if I could get him home for that, at least. (It wouldn't be the first time I'd done that...LOL). More for the Marine's family than for him, though.

That Sergeant sounds top notch for sure. It sounds like your son has found a fine role model.

Phantom Blooper
12-14-07, 02:56 PM
I'd revoke his leave, and he'd have the duty for the entire Christmas season.

Scrooge.....and I don't even like Christmas! :beer:

Sgt Leprechaun
12-15-07, 02:11 PM
LOL. I guess so...but I figure it's better than office hours.

Considering I had to make that choice once as a young'in. I took the 30 days of 'day on/stay on'.

Phantom Blooper
12-16-07, 09:58 AM
Inquiring minds want to know....what happened or where is this young Marine?:evilgrin:

logans105
12-16-07, 10:07 AM
Good Day to you Phantom !!
At this moment I'm very lucky and happy to have my Marine home, he was sent home barely, they made him sweat it out right up until about an hour before his plane was to leave..
He was quarter decked and went to a class for NJP before leaving, he is on medium risk leave, calling his sargeant everyday while here, but he's here, his sargeant has requested some of my chocolate chip cookies that he seems to love a great deal, and for him there good to go !
My Marine isn't out of the woods by any means, and he's very respectful of his situation, he knows that when he returns to base on xmas day he has his work cut out for him, he hasn't been told yet weather it will be NJP with loss of rank,pay, extra duties and restriction, but he's ready for whatever comes, he knows he made a really bad choice and he's being a man about it and will pay for his decision.. he has good men watching over him and I'm more than confident they will make him into the man he is meant to be, I'm thankful for whoever decided to let him come home and if we don't see him for a bit, then that's how it is, we'll survive...I wish you all a wonderful xmas season and a Happy New Year as well, you have all been great with your opinions (harsh or not..lol) I would rather have you tell me like it is than sugar coat it anytime..so again, thanks for your concern and help and words of encouragement, I know it's not a done deal yet and what will be, will be...God bless you all and watch over you.

Phantom Blooper
12-16-07, 10:34 AM
Good morning!

Glad to hear that he is home. In years of past I was on duty on Christmas day or gone on deployment probally missing the actual day about 7 times. When the children were younger we made our Christmas the 23 and Christmas the 24th they didn't know the difference just that old fuzzy face was breaking in the house that night. So you could possibly make it work.

As far as your Marine goes I am glad that the command is taking care of him and that he is being looked after by his sergeant. The NJP as stated could go either way as stated or it be a NO go except as a warning or what is called a Page # 11 entry which is considered an infraction and that counseling was given. A bad mark below NJP but like NJP waiverable further down the pike if he decides to re-up.

Hope you and family have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the time you have together with your son and family!:evilgrin:

Osotogary
12-16-07, 02:32 PM
logans105,
Christmas presents come in different forms. Sounds like you and your son have been afforded quite a few this holiday season, considering all that has transpired. Enjoy your time together. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Gary

Sgt Leprechaun
12-16-07, 02:42 PM
Merry Christmas!

Phantom is correct. Maybe it'll just be a page 11 entry and he'll slide on it...

Take it from me, I had 7 'adverse' page 11's (no NJP's by the luck of things) and STILL made Sergeant in five years...LOL....of course, it was a different Corps then, but it hasn't been THAT long ago.

RoyTBowDoe
12-16-07, 04:07 PM
I joined the Marines in 1952, was told if you can't
follow orders or give orders you were not a Marine.
Boot camp was hell and Pendleton was no picnic.
The only ones that didn't make was not a true
Marines. We old Marines was told by our instructors
that they didn't want to go to Korea or any war
with anyone who could not take orders and apply
them no matter what they were.

Phantom Blooper
12-17-07, 08:10 AM
I had 7 'adverse' page 11's (no NJP's by the luck of things)

That must be the luck of the Irish. I am part Irish...years ago my Granny said we are Black Irish.

I also had a Pg# 11 entry as an early Sgt.

I stayed a SGT for quite some time and was past over for SSGT.

My battalion SGTMAJ called CMC and spoke to my monitor. He got off the telephone and called me an Egg Suckin' Dawg! My fitness report was outstanding,however it reflected this infraction. I finally picked up SSGT and due to not being PC I went no further in rank in my career. But with the luck an excellent command, and a conflict under my belt I was able to stay. I guess that Dark Irish may have something to do with it. Or it was the TACT factor.... I will go with the latter. That's my story and I'm sticken' to it!:beer:

killerinstinct
12-17-07, 11:02 AM
Good Day to you Phantom !!
At this moment I'm very lucky and happy to have my Marine home, he was sent home barely, they made him sweat it out right up until about an hour before his plane was to leave..
He was quarter decked and went to a class for NJP before leaving, he is on medium risk leave, calling his sargeant everyday while here, but he's here, his sargeant has requested some of my chocolate chip cookies that he seems to love a great deal, and for him there good to go !
My Marine isn't out of the woods by any means, and he's very respectful of his situation, he knows that when he returns to base on xmas day he has his work cut out for him, he hasn't been told yet weather it will be NJP with loss of rank,pay, extra duties and restriction, but he's ready for whatever comes, he knows he made a really bad choice and he's being a man about it and will pay for his decision.. he has good men watching over him and I'm more than confident they will make him into the man he is meant to be, I'm thankful for whoever decided to let him come home and if we don't see him for a bit, then that's how it is, we'll survive...I wish you all a wonderful xmas season and a Happy New Year as well, you have all been great with your opinions (harsh or not..lol) I would rather have you tell me like it is than sugar coat it anytime..so again, thanks for your concern and help and words of encouragement, I know it's not a done deal yet and what will be, will be...God bless you all and watch over you.

one thing i learned is if no matter what is done and what punishment they give you if you accept it and keep in y our mind its nobodys fault but mine then they will always try to keep you. It's always situational and always on who finds out but for the most part on things that could be kept in the shop never went past our gunner if we could discipline our own and keep it from going higher.

Bensley
12-22-07, 08:16 AM
I Have Also Been Following And You Never Answered The Question "were And What Is The Ink??

Also Can Somone Till Me How To Get iespell Check To Work I've Down Loaded It But It Doesnot Come Up When I Click The Icon???

Phantom Blooper
12-22-07, 08:25 AM
If you down loaded I Spell click on the ABC check when you make your post in the right hand corner above the icons/Smiles. If that doesn't work there should be something in your computer tools. Check your Added Programs to make sure that it properly downloaded.:evilgrin:

logans105
12-22-07, 01:31 PM
Sorry Bensley, didn't mean to overlook your question. The tattoo is not really a finished tat, it's a tribal outline of a tat, he never filled it in. It was a tribal design that is just under a celtic cross he had put on in high school for a friend who passed away , the problem is that the guy who did it told him it was not a sleeve, but due to where it is and the length of it , it looks like one, it goes from the upper right arm to his wrist, his sargeant asked him if he was going to finish it and got an immediate, "no sir". He will be heading back to base on xmas morning and we won't really know what will happen until it happens, so it's a wait and see thing..but he knows whatever it is he has it coming, so he'll take it like a man...I hope you all have a wonderful xmas holiday and a safe one...I'll let you know what happens.

Bensley
12-22-07, 02:44 PM
Thank You Chuck That Helps. I'm Sure I've Over Looked Somthing.
I See You're A Beirut Vet. Nothing But Love For Ya!!!!!

Thank You For The Update Rose And It Sound Like A Sleeve To Me.

logans105
12-22-07, 03:18 PM
Can't say I disagree with you Bensley... it is what it is !! Because of the size of it and the length it does look like a sleeve, and why in the world the young man would believe the person trying to make money off of him (dah) is beyond me, but it's done now and he can only pay for it now, he won't get it finished and he thought of using that stuff that fades it since all he has is an outline...I could only teach him what I know, what he does with that information is entirely up to him, this is the point where the boy leaves and the man steps in, I think as long as he learns from his mistakes and does what he has to do to make amends then it's all part of the growing experience...your more than welcome for the update, have a good one !

logans105
01-02-08, 05:58 AM
Happy New Year One and All !
Well we made it through the holidays and now it's a new year with new hopes and new gripes and whatever else comes with it. Myself, I'm being positive that what will be will be. Anyway, my Marine came home as I stated earlier, (which I'm very thankful for) and we still don't know what's going to happen, no njp as yet, no anything. Were sure something will be done but as to what it's anyones guess. He feels that whatever they choose to do it will be hopefully sooner rather than later, (the old sweat is rolling by now..lol..) It seems strange to me that they are waiting so long, but the corps will do what they will and it's not up to me or anyone else to second guess it. As soon as I hear what the plan of attack will be by his higher ups I'll share the outcome with you. Again, I hope you all had good holidays and a great New Year..

3rdTanks
02-23-08, 05:18 PM
When I was in, tattoos were a non-issue; I knew guys that had oriental work down to the wrists and nothing was ever said. I think facial and neck tats need to be banned. No office hours needed, this kid was scared straight.

A word to the wisew is sufficent.:marine:

Phantom Blooper
02-23-08, 05:32 PM
I had a female friend that had a tattoo of a sun on her rear when she was younger. I seen her later on in life...about twenty years later... at a beach and that SUN went "SUPER NOVA" :beer: So what you do today can have an effect on your life or at least your body tomorrow!

Phantom Blooper
02-23-08, 09:55 PM
What happened to this young Marine? Haven't heard anything in awhile. Need a SITREP!:evilgrin: