PDA

View Full Version : Neat birthday present.......

crate78
12-11-07, 12:38 PM
For the eight years we've lived in this house, and I've occupied this office, my dress blues have been hanging in a garment bag in the closet of this office--except the last two weeks, unknown to me.

My birthday was last Friday, December 7, and my wife and daughter conspired to have a display case made for my dress blues by a local cabinet-maker. The case is made of walnut, 24 inches wide, 36 inches tall, and 2 inches deep with a plexiglass front. The plexiglass instead of glass is to cut down on weight. It displays the blouse full front, with a part of the legs of the trousers with the blood stripe showing in the lower left. Our daughter ordered medals, and when the medals and collar emblems are on, I'll post a photo of it.

When they gave it to me, I was dumbfounded, to say the least!

For two weeks, my wife and daughter were afraid I'd decide to check the uniform out and find an empty garment bag. When the fellow that made it found out it was to contain a Marine dress uniform, he refused payment. In fact, he told my wife if she tried to pay him, he wouldn't make it.

Quite a gift.

crate

thedrifter
12-11-07, 12:45 PM
Outstanding!:thumbup:

Ellie

yellowwing
12-11-07, 01:01 PM
Sounds great! Maybe you can buy that cabinet patriot a beer sometime. :beer:

grampsdw251
12-11-07, 10:39 PM
Congratulations, and a big 'attaboy' for the builder. Enjoy!!

Sgt Leprechaun
12-11-07, 11:28 PM
OUTstanding! Kudos to your wife...and an OOHFREAKINRAH to the cabinet maker!