PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this why we went to war in Iraq?

greensideout
12-10-07, 10:15 PM
Iran stops selling oil in dollars
Tehran moves closer to confrontation with U.S.

Posted: December 8, 2007
12:46 p.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Iran today announced a decision to end all oil sales in dollar transactions, moving one step closer to confrontation with the United States.

Iranian oil minister Gholam Hussein Nozari told the press the dollar is not considered a trustworthy currency any more, considering dollar depreciation and the dollar losses experienced by crude-oil exporting countries, according to a report published Saturday by the Iranian Student News Agency, or ISNA, in Tehran.

Nozari also strongly suggested OPEC should move to a trustworthy currency to stop the loss of oil exporting countries, according to the ISNA report.

OPEC's next meeting is scheduled for Feb. 2 in Vienna.

Iran currently has a proposal before OPEC recommending that OPEC oil-exporting countries move to sell oil in a basket of currencies, rather than dollars.

Nozari also told the ISNA that Iran plans to fulfill the Sinopec Chinese Company's recent request to purchase more Iranian oil.

In April, WND reported Iran successfully pressured China to begin paying for Iranian oil in euros, not dollars.

At the Abu Dhabi summit last week, OPEC decided not to increase production, concluding there is currently enough oil in world supplies to handle winter demand.

Iran is the world's fourth largest producer of oil, producing 4.1 million barrels of oil per day.

WND previously reported Iran and Venezuela have joined forces in an effort to undermine the U.S. dollar.

In October 2005, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez announced that Venezuela was ready to move the country's foreign exchange holdings out of the dollar and into the euro. He also called for the creation of a South American central bank designed to hold in euros all the foreign exchange holdings of the participating countries.

BR34
12-11-07, 08:45 AM
Hmm...I don't think this is why we went to war with Iraq, unless I missed something!

The value of the U.S. Dollar is falling though, so from a business stand point, I can't blame anyone for wanting Euros over dollars. I saw on the news a few weeks back that more and more travellers are using foreign currency when travelling abroad over USD.

It's just good common business scense. If I ever go to Europe, I'd probably use Euros too, considering using USD things would be more expensive...and I'm broke!

greensideout
12-11-07, 09:34 AM
Hmm...I don't think this is why we went to war with Iraq, unless I missed something!

The value of the U.S. Dollar is falling though, so from a business stand point, I can't blame anyone for wanting Euros over dollars. I saw on the news a few weeks back that more and more travellers are using foreign currency when travelling abroad over USD.

It's just good common business scense. If I ever go to Europe, I'd probably use Euros too, considering using USD things would be more expensive...and I'm broke!

Take a minute to read this and you will see where I'm coming from with my question.

http://www.christianworldviewnetwork.com/article.php/899/Chuck_Missler

jrhd97
12-11-07, 12:36 PM
Very intersting. I had to bookmark that site. I have also heard another theory why the U.S unvaded Iraq. It had nothing to do with oil, but Gods hand in further setting the stage for the fullfillment of end time prophecy.

The governing body in Iraq has expresses it's desire to move the capitol of Iraq to Babylon. In Revelations there is 6 referances to Babylon falling and Gods anger being poured out on it. This suggests a city that is nothing right now, will become a major center point in the future. In Revelation it speaks of Babylon being rebuilt. Saddam had started to rebuil the city in the '70's, but never completed. Currently, there is not another country who can re-build and creat the environment needed for the Iraqies to accomplish this goal. This link explains more of the prophecies.
http://www.bible-knowledge.com/Rise-And-Fall-Of-Babylon.html
It is possible that the U.S invaded for a pure political and monetary purpose, but also as an unwitting tool of God to further his plan.