PDA

View Full Version : Signature Imaging Service

Willie
07-24-02, 10:32 PM
I'm starting a free service for Leatherneck Forum Users.

I will be making custom signatures. This includes, but is not limited to Ribbon Bars and Text Effects.

If your interested;
• E-mail me: Willie@USMC0311.com
• Include, a description of what you want your signature to look like and any images that you want to be used.

If you want a ribbon bar, include the number and color of the stars that correspond to each ribbon if any. Ribbon images need not be included with your request.

Purple Heart or higher rating ribbons will need to be verified with a DD-214. If you don't have one, you can get one here (http://www.leatherneck.com/dd214.php) for free.

USMC0311
07-24-02, 10:41 PM
My signature is by Willie, the Man is fantastic!

Shaffer
07-24-02, 11:38 PM
Very kind of you and very nice work! Thank you for helping Marines.

Regards,

Jerry

thedrifter
07-25-02, 07:00 AM
Thanks Willie for your Outstanding Service........
You do very nice work.....

Joe I would be Proud to......so Brag a little Bro......
You deserve it...........

Thanks again Willie....

Sempers,

Roger

TeufelHunden
07-25-02, 07:33 AM
the Man is fantastic!

Must be a reflection of the ol' man eh Joe?

Thanks Willie!

JAMarine
07-25-02, 08:09 AM
Thanks from all of us Willie.

Nice Work Marine.

Willie
07-25-02, 09:18 AM
Your Welcome Marines :) Thank you for the kind words.

I may not be a Marine, I cannot accurately imagine what most of the Marines went through to help establish and keep our freedom. I know our veterans worked very hard and were willing to put it all on the line, and did.

I respect that to the highest standard. This service is but a small way of showing my appreciation.

Keep it real Marines!

Straight Up, Flat Fact, Fast Forward.
Honest, Sincere and Progressive.

<center>http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/contrib/navigator/usa.gif</center>

Sixguns
07-25-02, 09:51 AM
Thanks for offering something special to site members here. This is what community is all about. I appreciate what you are doing to improve the look and experience of this site. Thanks again for giving us some motivation.

Semper Fi,

TeufelHunden
07-25-02, 09:52 AM
...If anyone needs a place to park 'em after Willie creates 'em for you (so you can add 'em to your signature using the img tag), send 'em to me and I'll upload 'em to my web server.

Depending on what day of the week it is, it may take a day or two because my ISP is AT&T Broadband & I can only get to it from my home PC.

USMC0311
07-25-02, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter
Thanks Willie for your Outstanding Service........
You do very nice work.....

Joe I would be Proud to......so Brag a little Bro......
You deserve it...........

Thanks again Willie....

Sempers,

Roger

10-4 Roger! Will is my 6 and Best Friend.
The young Man has put up with me through so much, there is no way I will ever be able to repay him. He is my Son and my Bro!
I am Proud of Willie!

Semper Fi

LadyLeatherneck
07-25-02, 01:03 PM
Great thread you guys.
That's what this site is about, Marines and Friends helping
each other out. Shaffer your dream is coming true Devil
Dog. Outstanding job everyone. Wille and Teufel thanks
for the offers.

Semper Fi Everyone :)

Willie
07-26-02, 03:51 PM
Going up? http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/blackeye/nahaha_eh.gif

Just a friendly reminder....

JRtheSTAR
07-27-02, 03:58 AM
Willie, this is very nice of you to make this offer. Now I have a question. I was awarded The Bronze Star Medal with Combat V two years after I was discharged, which means it is not on my DD-214. If...

Willie
07-27-02, 05:37 AM
JRtheSTAR

If you would rather scan your citation and send it to me via e-mail you can do that. Otherwise you would have to mail me a copy.

Sixguns
07-27-02, 10:26 AM
I am most appreciative of your work to build me a ribbon rack. I tried to get it from the web link you posted in your PM to me. Unfortunately, I get an error and the page never loads. Any ideas why that may be??

TeufelHunden
07-27-02, 10:31 AM
...Is this the link you're using???

http://kepler.egr.duke.edu/USMCRibbons.html (http://kepler.egr.duke.edu/USMCRibbons.html )

It seems to work - However, I do know from trying some time back, that you cannot save the graphic it creates.

Willie
07-27-02, 01:14 PM
Sixguns...

I cant imagine why, You should have been able to just right click on the desired image and "Save Picture As"

I need to re-make your ribbon rack anyhow, It didn't come out as good as It was supposed to.

I regret and am embarrassed to say, I didn't have my s*** together when I made yours.

Rest assure my s*** is all in one place and I know where its at, Just hang tight and I'll take care of it.

:)

Willie
07-27-02, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by TeufelHunden
...Is this the link you're using???

http://kepler.egr.duke.edu/USMCRibbons.html (http://kepler.egr.duke.edu/USMCRibbons.html )

It seems to work - However, I do know from trying some time back, that you cannot save the graphic it creates.

I can save the images two ways from that site.

After the rack is created you can press "Prt Sc" (Print Screen) button on your keyboard. Then open up any imaging program and make a new file and paste to that new file, the whole screen will be copied. Now you can crop out everything but the rack and your all set.

Or you could right click on each ribbon and "Save Picture As"

:D

Willie
07-27-02, 07:10 PM
Should be smooth sailing from here on out. I have templates made and devices for all of the ribbons that the Marine Corp issues. All of the Ribbon Bars will be uniform.

Keep your requests coming and post any questions that you might have.

Cheers!

Sixguns
07-27-02, 08:51 PM
Checking to see if I did it right. Thanks Willie!!

Havelka
07-28-02, 08:19 AM
:p
Willie did a great job on my ribbon rack,now I need help putting
it into my signature.All this cut and paste talk is way over my head.
S/F Gunny Havelkaimage001(2)

Willie
07-28-02, 11:30 AM
If anyone needs help adding images to there signature, email me (Willie@USMC0311.com) your password and I will add it to your signature for you.

Before you give me your password, change it to something besides what it is now, so that you can resume using your original password after I am done. (Thanks for that suggestion USMC0311.)

Or you can read the F.A.Q here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/misc.php?action=bbcode) that tells you just how to us UBB [img] tags. See: Adding Images

Copy and Pasting can be a bit confusing at first, there are several ways to do it. I can explain, email me if your interested.

USMC0311
07-28-02, 11:38 AM
SUGGESTION...If You want to keep your original "pass word" Change your "pass word" before you obtain the above service and change the "pass word" back when the operation is completed.

Thank You Willie!
Semper Fi, Marines

Sixguns
07-28-02, 11:59 AM
And even better... I got it to work!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work. I'd never have gotten it myself. Semper Fi.

Willie
07-28-02, 01:22 PM
Glad you like it Six!

It looks good on ya ;)

Havelka
07-28-02, 05:49 PM
:banana:
I wish to send my very humble thanks out to Willie for his
patience and expertise with his computer skills.He really helped me and made my day.
I'm very proud to be in this brotherhood.Semper Fi to you Willie!!

USMC0311
07-28-02, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Willie
If anyone needs help adding images to there signature, email me (Willie@USMC0311.com) your password and I will add it to your signature for you.

Before you give me your password, change it to something besides what it is now, so that you can resume using your original password after I am done. (Thanks for that suggestion USMC0311.)

Or you can read the F.A.Q here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/misc.php?action=bbcode) that tells you just how to us UBB [img] tags. See: Adding Images

Copy and Pasting can be a bit confusing at first, there are several ways to do it. I can explain, email me if your interested.

This is a Excellent link to Medal and Ribbon entitlement.
http://www.navalhelicopterassn.org/medsribs/medals.htm

TeufelHunden
07-29-02, 11:17 AM
...My big time thanks to Willie for providing this service for us!

-And-

Thanks to USMC0311 for rearing him right, seems to have the same values in him that I hope to instill in my children before society gets ahold of 'em. :D

Thanks again Willie! :banana:

Willie
07-29-02, 12:22 PM
Don't be alarmed if you don't see your Ribbon Bar.

The web server that your files reside on have went off line for some reason. This is not a common occurrence and should be taken care of soon.

Stand By! :)

Sparrowhawk
07-29-02, 12:23 PM
I have been looking at your work, OUTSTANDING!

Thank you for your service...

USMC0311
07-30-02, 12:09 AM
Thanks to USMC0311 for rearing him right, seems to have the same values in him that I hope to instill in my children before society gets ahold of 'em. :D

Thanks for the compliment Ron. You have the right idea about society Marine.. The values instilled by the Corps are the best values a person could aquire. It will always be my duty to uphold the Traditions and Values of our Beloved Corps.
Only taught the man what I believe in. Willie is a self-movated person he is and was always ready and willing to experience life. the man is confident and strong. I am blessed to have such a wonderful son and to have the Brotherhood of the Corps.
thank God and the United States Marine Corps!

Semper Fi, Brother!

CAS3
07-30-02, 01:49 PM
Thank you so much...What a really fast and great job you do!
THANK YOU ;)
You should be proud of your acomplishments and the great things you do for people you have never met. Your Dad has done a great job instilling in you what we have learned as MARINES..honor, pride and commitment. And what we should all teach and practice in todays insane society.
GREAT JOB.

Willie
08-03-02, 12:03 AM
*Bump*

TeufelHunden
08-03-02, 10:24 AM
...As per your usual Willie! What graphics software tools are you using? One of my few shortcomings in the e-world is creating graphics.

Willie
08-03-02, 02:05 PM
Adobe Photoshop 7.0

TeufelHunden
08-03-02, 02:10 PM
...I might hafta break down and go out and buy it, so I can play with the big boys! :D

Willie
08-03-02, 03:11 PM
I got a deal on my package, PM if you decide to get it...

Looks like this... Its not the easiest thing to learn how to use. I have been teaching myself for the past 6 years and I'm still finding out new tricks. :)

http://www.usmc0311.com/images/bin/adobe.gif

TeufelHunden
08-03-02, 03:46 PM
...That it is not the easiest to try to teach one's self on - But that it is the best product out there.

It'll be a while 'fore I drop the coin for it though - School registration for the youngins is fast approaching.

lakers
08-06-02, 07:32 PM
your doing a wonderful job Willie, keep up the good work, and thank you so much for this

JRtheSTAR
08-11-02, 09:37 AM
Willie, the ribbons look great. Thankyou for doing this for me and thankyou for doing this for the other people on here. It warms my heart to know there is a great person among us that takes the time out of thier lives to do the things you do for us.

USMC0311
09-12-02, 01:49 PM
Here is the signature imaging service Marine!!
Willie@USMC0311.com

Kegler300
09-12-02, 02:38 PM
I sent Willie a private message with my ribbon info. Do you know if can also add the rifle/pistol badges to the display?

USMC0311
09-12-02, 02:46 PM
10-4 on the badges Marine If you have some other Ideas You can ask Willie, he is very talented. The signatures on the "Signature Imagining Service" are some of his work and the persons own Ideas of their logo.
Semper Fidelis, Marine

USMC0311
09-17-02, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Willie
I'm starting a free service for Leatherneck Forum Users.

I will be making custom signatures. This includes, but is not limited to Ribbon Bars and Text Effects.

If your interested;
• E-mail me: Willie@USMC0311.com
• Include, a description of what you want your signature to look like and any images that you want to be used.

If you want a ribbon bar, include the number and color of the stars that correspond to each ribbon if any. Ribbon images need not be included with your request.

Purple Heart or higher rating ribbons will need to be verified with a DD-214. If you don't have one, you can get one here (http://www.leatherneck.com/dd214.php) for free.

Just FYI The internet Service Provider that Willie has me and our Signature Images on, Guarantees service 99.9% of the time so if your Signature is lost for a bit.. it will be back..

thedrifter
09-18-02, 03:31 PM
SgtMXDBerry

This is a post that you would be interested in........

Willie does a fine job....which we all appreicate around here.....

Sempers,

Roger

8th&I Marine
09-19-02, 03:11 AM
Willie

I didnt earn many ribbons in my time but I am a Fireman now. Do you have anything for them?

cantrell

USMC0311
09-19-02, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by 8th&amp;I Marine
Willie

I didn't earn many ribbons in my time but I am a Fireman now. Do you have anything for them?

cantrell
I will intervene for Will Marine. he is working right now and this thread might get buried before he can reply. Willie does have resources available that enables him to do what you ask. If You have something in mind, such as a Unit patch or emblem you can e-mail him at Willie@USMC0311.com

harrymac
09-23-02, 04:59 PM
:)

TO WILLIE
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE SIGNATURE IT IS BRILLS.

YOURS HARRY MAC