PDA

View Full Version : Marine at heart, recruiter said, "TOO OLD".....

JohnnyBravo
12-05-07, 10:45 PM
Hello and God Bless all who serve. I have a question and would love to hear GOOD NEWS!!!!

Both my grandfather's served in WWII. One Army, the other Navy. He was at Pearl when the attack hit. He survived and served in the Pacific until the end of the war.

You would think I would want to be Navy or Army, but I am one of the few.

I am 39 and will be 40 next month. I had wanted to join USMC since I could walk. I wound up marrying high school sweetheart, immediately pregnant, and was told if I join, she would leave with my baby. Now, that would have been just prior to Desert Storm.
So, I have been living my "so called life" for others and finally divorced, due to her drug addiction.

I remarried and had kids again, but this one was completely out there, like Pluto. Like talking to a box of rocks.
So, to compensate for not being allowed to join, I was going to LE. Now, I get the same from both: "You are not going to be a cop (or join the military) and get killed, leaving me with kids, blah, blah, blah".

Well, I have a lot to offer the Corps and I know that I would be an asset and bring many of our younger brothers home safe. It is the saying: "IF YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR JOB" Well, I was born to be a Marine.

I have been in life and death situations, attempted murder with a weapon and I was unarmed, martial and combat arts for 35 years, expert marksman with rifle and pistol, hunter, athlete, and so on and so forth. I truly believe, I could help with keeping others calm and cool and would ultimately, save lives. And I would give my life, for family, Country, God, or to save another brother.

I don't know if the ASVAB is for all military branches, but the official online practice test, I scored very high.

Is there any way I can sign a waiver to enlist? Join the Army and then transfer? If there is a way.....
I truly believe that this radical muslim religion, is a threat to all humanity. And I will and would do, anything to serve my country.

Please help. My kids are in school full time now and I am free to serve my Country, Brothers in Arms, and God. As I had planned to do, since a little boy.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

And besides, you are as old as you feel. If I can make basic, I should be allowed to serve. RIGHT?????

Shoot straight and watch your left and your right.

Thank you all and God bless.

Johnny Bravo

fespar
12-08-07, 08:11 AM
I can appreciate your situation,I was once there myself (to a degree).Officially the Marine Corps accepts people between 17-28 years of age.In reality the don't want anyone older than about 24 as the training is quite demanding.However,exceptions are made.As an immigrant to the U.S. at the age of 30 I was too old to join.I requested an age-waiver thru my recruiter and it was granted!What spoke in my favor?I was at the time,1981,a member of several Marine Corps organizations,subscriber to their official publications,had donated money to several Marine Corps organizations,was a contributor the the Marine Officer's Guide 4th edition,scored very high on the ASVAB.These things plus an interview with a Captain made it possible for me to join and graduate from boot-camp a Pfc.Remember,I was 30,single,no children.By the way,Congressman Douglas joined during WW 2 at the age of 50,but all in all you really have no chance of becoming a Marine.Semper Fi! :flag: