PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Nimrod1193
12-04-07, 05:48 PM
I've been lurking here for a while, so I finally decided to surface and say hello. I was not a Marine (I served in the U.S. Air Force as a Security Police K-9 Handler), but I trained with Marines for many months at Lackland AFB and have a great respect for the Corps. My son Nick is currently in Phase 2 of Marine Boot at MCRD San Diego. From the letters he has written, he seems to be loving every minute of it.

Semper Fi from this proud former Zoomie!

LeonardLawrence
12-05-07, 07:11 AM
Welcome Nimrod!

(hope that didn't sound rude :scared: )lol

Nimrod1193
12-05-07, 10:33 AM
Welcome Nimrod!

(hope that didn't sound rude :scared: )lol

Not at all. Most people don't know what the word really means. Rather than being an insult, it means "hunter." Its origin is the Book of Genesis.

Genesis 10:8-9

"Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD."

yellowwing
12-05-07, 10:38 AM
Welcome aboard Robert! Isn't nimrod also an aircraft designation somewhere?

Good to hear about your son! You plan on going to his Graduation?

Nimrod1193
12-05-07, 11:11 AM
Welcome aboard Robert! Isn't nimrod also an aircraft designation somewhere?

Good to hear about your son! You plan on going to his Graduation?

Yes, the Nimrod is a maritime patrol aircraft in the Royal Air Force. It is also used for Anti-Submarine Warfare and Search and Rescue. There was also a Hungarian anti-aircraft tank in WWII called the Nimrod, and it is also the name of an Israeli anti-tank guided missile.

We will be attending Nick's graduation in January. We wouldn't miss it for the world.