PDA

View Full Version : Global war on terrorism ribbon

brubaker0311
12-03-07, 07:14 PM
I am a current PFC in the Corps. I joined on march 12, 2007. I has wondering if I rate the global war on terrorism ribbon. I am currently located at the Marine Corps Security Force Training Co.. I have read a few different things on the criteria for recieving this reward. I am reading that i rate this 30 consecutive days after becoming a marine (i.e. june 8th). So 30 days after this date, i should rate the ribbon and service medal, am I correct. Thanks for the help Devils.

Buckeye
12-03-07, 07:28 PM
lol....

Phantom Blooper
12-03-07, 07:33 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57200

:evilgrin:

Buckeye
12-03-07, 07:46 PM
:evilgrin: Who are you trying to impress...you'll get it when you get it...just do your freakin job...maybe you need a stress card,stressing over a damn ribbon!:thumbdown & don't call us devils:devious: ..."Devil Dog" is the right phrase when speaking to fellow marines.

PatriotGirl422
12-03-07, 07:47 PM
:evilgrin: Who are you trying to impress...you'll get it when you get it...just do your freakin job...maybe you need a stress card,stressing over a damn ribbon!:thumbdown & don't call us devils:devious: ..."Devil Dog" is the right phrase when speaking to fellow marines.

I get called "Devil" a lot.

Phantom Blooper
12-03-07, 07:55 PM
Sometimes I get called a horny little devil......

BR34
12-03-07, 08:41 PM
I am a current PFC in the Corps. I joined on march 12, 2007. I has wondering if I rate the global war on terrorism ribbon. I am currently located at the Marine Corps Security Force Training Co.. I have read a few different things on the criteria for recieving this reward. I am reading that i rate this 30 consecutive days after becoming a marine (i.e. june 8th). So 30 days after this date, i should rate the ribbon and service medal, am I correct. Thanks for the help Devils.

You rate the ribbon 30 days after AD IN THE FLEET! After you've actually contributed something to the Marine Corps. You didn't do anything in bootcamp or SOI.

Buckeye
12-04-07, 09:44 AM
Sometimes I get called a horny little devil......

....point taken!!!...(my apologies..)...but that's different!

Buckeye
12-04-07, 09:51 AM
I get called "Devil" a lot......you'll get called alot of things in life,if you allow it!!...

Scottyva
12-04-07, 05:10 PM
Here is an Idea. What about giving it to the survivors of the Beirut attacks back in '83!

Buckeye
12-04-07, 05:19 PM
You've got my vote!! :thumbup: :evilgrin: At least they've earned it!!!

hrscowboy
12-04-07, 07:23 PM
Yeah and the Vietnam vets fighting Communist and there terrorist ways they done there own people..

usmchauer
12-04-07, 07:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that it's okay to wear a ribbon you rate?! If someone in Washington thinks you've earned, then by all means friggin' wear it!