PDA

View Full Version : MWSG-17 1976-77 OKINAWA- Anybody

Brereton1345
12-02-07, 12:48 PM
Hey you guy's are any of you out there and still giving this life a good run?

I was in heavy junk with SSgt Bill Julian and am really interested in finding anyone from the old outfit. Looking for Cpl. Ralph Ridenour also if anyone has a whereabout's on them. SEMPER FI :usmc: George Brereton

davblay
12-02-07, 09:00 PM
That's a little after my time, Old buddy. MWSG-17, DaNang, 1969-70! Sorry! ;)

Semper Fi

brn2bwldbt
12-30-07, 04:58 PM
Sorry marine , not quit what u asked but i was at camp schwab during that time. GRUNTS ROCK.

GySgtRet
12-30-07, 07:50 PM
Fill in your profile so we know who we are speaking with. You will probably get some answers that way.

brn2bwldbt
12-30-07, 07:54 PM
Im new on here, ill fix my profile as soon as i figure it out.

GySgtRet
12-30-07, 07:59 PM
Not you the guy asking the question. Your from North Tonawanda New York? Small wold here I recruited in NT back in the early 80s. The American legion was across the street and my money was no good over there. I also did the bridge dedication every year between North Tonawanda and Tonawnda on Veteran's Day, and of course it was always cold at the bridge. Ah memories. Don't get me wrong I loved it up there being a single Marine SSgt.

Semper Fi

brn2bwldbt
12-30-07, 08:13 PM
ITs funny i spend alot of time at that bridge in the summer for parades and other functions they have going on.Im an amputee now and fish right up from that spot cause its easy for me to get access to.

GySgtRet
12-30-07, 08:19 PM
your loss. But you know what you served our country and our Corps and you are alive. Thank you for your service. I found that the entire Buffalo area was very patriotic and backed the military pretty much. I remember a guy named John Lafalce started up some crap up there in the area he was on the Armed Services Commitee and always threatened to pull funds if he didn't get his was on things. He was anti military. Sometimes I am not sure why people like that are appointed to the posts that they are in?

Semper Fi

brn2bwldbt
12-30-07, 09:25 PM
By the way does anyone know what happened to the 9th marine division ? do they even exist anymore?

GySgtRet
12-30-07, 09:28 PM
I hope that I understand your question? The 9th Marines are re-forming at Camp LeJuene. The last I heard there were two Battalions that were formed to re-activate the 9th MEB. Please any of you Marines that know better information please contribute any information at all.