PDA

View Full Version : Rodney King Shot

jetdawgg
11-30-07, 10:32 AM
Rodney King Shot, Wounded Near Home <br />
By Dan Whitcomb,AP <br />
Posted: 2007-11-29 17:56:39 <br />
<br />
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 29) - Rodney King, whose videotaped police beating in 1991 led to deadly rioting when the...

OLE SARG
11-30-07, 01:40 PM
****head was a millionaire and now he ain't got ****!!!!!! What goes around, comes around!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Ed Palmer
11-30-07, 01:51 PM
Dont want those shietheads in the Military if they cant shoot any better than that with a shotgun
I mean if they had killed him they might be in line for a Medal
How do you miss with a shotgun

Proffitt
11-30-07, 01:57 PM
You damn right...Rodney King is a bad seed. If I had over $3 million...I would never have to work again...although, when you invest in illegal narcotics...you either make it big, or go down in a ball of fire...hahahaha.

jetdawgg
11-30-07, 02:12 PM
'Bush did it!!!!':D

Proffitt
11-30-07, 02:18 PM
Don't say that too loud!...haha

hrscowboy
11-30-07, 02:20 PM
Its a shame it didnt kill him Sorry arse peice of crap..

Marine84
11-30-07, 02:37 PM
I thought it was funny as hell.................doofus a$$

gutinstinct
11-30-07, 03:16 PM
Rodney aint dead yet ? This piece of s**t must have nine lives.

3077India
11-30-07, 04:58 PM
To quote Austin Powers, "WHY WON'T YOU DIE!!!"

At any rate, why should we care that a druggie got shot? I think he got what was coming to him.

Zulu 36
11-30-07, 06:44 PM
"Authorities said when they arrived at the home, King and others appeared drunk and were largely uncooperative in providing information about the shooting."

Why does this part NOT surprise me?

sparkie
11-30-07, 07:04 PM
Why can't he just get along?

yellowwing
11-30-07, 07:57 PM
Why can't he just get along?
Thank you Sparkie! I knew someone just had to lob that one in, the suspense was killing me. :p

Eric Hood
12-08-07, 08:14 AM
No, really? Hard to fathom.

LeonardLawrence
12-08-07, 11:20 PM
Who wants to be the Police Officer responding to that call???? :scared:

BR34
12-09-07, 10:36 AM
Man gets drunk. Man surrenders to police. Police beats the **** out of man, continously, relentlessly, while he is laying face down on the ground, arms above his head. Police get caught in the act (finally). City pays man for crippling injuries. Man is seen as a monster while police are made martyrs! Death is wished on man, medals recommended for police...racism will never die, thanks to people that have the mentality of some of you.

As a black man, I apologize to all of you. Please, accept my sincere apology that birdshot was used instead of buckshot, and the oppurtunity to have another dead black man on the streets of the United States was missed. Maybe he'll overdose on his habbits and redeem himself, in your eyes.

And here all this time I thought it was just the Mississippian and Tennesse Marines in my office that were pigs.

Dave Coup
12-09-07, 10:50 AM
Sorry Cole I must have missed the racist part of anything anyone wrote.

BR34
12-09-07, 11:03 AM
I never said anyone wrote anything racist, Sgt. "Racist" is just what hit me when reading some of the posts. But, a promise I can make you, not many active members of this forum will see it the way I would, for obvious reasons.

Dave Coup
12-09-07, 11:50 AM
Cole, believe it or not I see where you're coming from. I just think that the folks who commented were commenting on an idiot not a black idiot. Just my take.

SF

Dave

Zulu 36
12-09-07, 12:15 PM
I never said anyone wrote anything racist, Sgt. "Racist" is just what hit me when reading some of the posts. But, a promise I can make you, not many active members of this forum will see it the way I would, for obvious reasons.

You need to define your definition of "racist" more accurately. Perhaps using the words "biased" or "prejudiced" would be more accurate. People throw the word "racist" around too freely without knowing what it really means.

Rodney King was not beaten quite as severely as the edited tape so widely televised suggests. Nor did Rodney King "surrender." He actively resisted arrest. He was not just drunk, but was on PCP as well. PCP makes people do some really stupid things and even more so when they are stupid to begin with (let's be honest, Rodney King the individual, is not the brightest bulb in the box). PCP also tends to give people greater strength and greater pain tolerance than they would normally possess, along with the extra stupidity.

If you know what you are actually seeing in the WHOLE video tape (as a trained use-of-force instructor and experienced police officer), you would see that the officer doing the "beating" with the side-handled baton is actually doing a very poor job. In essence, it looks worse than it really was.

In fact, it came out at the trials, that this particular officer was the least competent of all officers present at using his baton in training. He had just failed his re-certification and really shouldn't have been allowed to carry it. Why his sergeant had him do the striking is a question for the ages.

His technique was very poor to start with and his strikes become more inefficient as he tires. Rodney King did not suffer "crippling" injuries either. He suffered a leg bone fracture that healed properly. Not "crippling."

I know a police officer (an expert in side-handle batons - a black man, by the way) who could probably break the femur bone on many people if he tried hard at it. With one strike. If he hits you, you will know a pro nailed you. Could he have taken Rodney King out with one strike? Probably not. Enter the PCP influence.

Did Rodney King take a flogging? Sure did. Did he deserve that kind of flogging? Nope, not when there were better baton practitioners present.

Who is responsible? First and foremost, Rodney King is responsible. He got drunk. He got stoned on PCP. He fled from the CHP in a car at speeds in excess of 100mph, endangering other citizens. He actively resisted arrest and forced the LAPD to use baton strikes in an attempt to control him. Even the use of a Taser did not work.

At this point, the sergeant is responsible for his orders and poor judgment in allowing the baton strikes to continue as long as they did, particularly when wielded by an inefficient practitioner. It became obvious to a trained observer that the baton strikes were not working after about the fourth or fifth one. The baton strikes should have been stopped and Plan B initiated (which is what the LAPD did after the baton strikes did end).

Of course, I readily admit this is 20/20 hindsight with the luxury of being able to review the video over and over, along with reading police reports, medical reports, and trial transcripts. Not to mention my training, education, and experience as a police officer and use-of-force instructor. I was not involved in that dynamic event, making split-second decisions. Nor were you.

Rodney King was not, and still is not, a model citizen regardless of his race. Nor should he be such an object of pity and sympathy. He should be scorned equally, if not more so, than any one else involved in that sordid affair. After all, Rodney started it, no one else.

BR34
12-09-07, 01:03 PM
Rodney King was not, and still is not, a model citizen regardless of his race.

Agreed. But there is a difference between him and other addicts/criminals; he's not hated for being a criminal, he's hated because he figuratively beat the system that literally beat him.

Zulu 36
12-09-07, 01:41 PM
No, I don't think most people "hate" Rodney King. Sadly, most people probably don't even know, or remember, who Rodney King is. Or don't care even if they do know.

However, people like me think Rodney King had a chance to turn himself around and f*cked it up, probably because people close to him convinced him he was a champ for the crap behavior he "got away" with.

Again, Rodney is not a smart person and continues to prove it in his life. I'm just amazed he hasn't died yet. He will either kill himself while drunk/stoned or someone (likely another black man/woman, not a cop) will kill him for some ignorant reason. As this post's existance proves, someone tried it recently.

Rodney King is not someone you should tie your identity to.

gutinstinct
12-09-07, 02:27 PM
Zulu I am in total agreement with you. Especially on your statment that he will end up killing himself. Lets hope he does not take out a innocent bystander in the process. He has demonstrated from his past history that he has no respect for human life, his or others. I am very surprised that he has not yet killed someone do to his reckless actions. The hand writing is on the wall. It's just a matter of time. I still feel to this day that Mr King is a piece of s**t. It's not because of his skin color. It's the fact that garbage only has one smell, IT STINKS.

Finger
12-09-07, 02:57 PM
BR03Hopeful,

First of all Semper Fi, and what did you do to be sent to KC? :D

At almost 60 years old, I have too many close friends and acquaintances that happen to be of different races, for me to accept the racist tag.

After retiring from the Corps, I was a cop for a career. Patrol, Street Crimes and Narcotics Detective.

Had a young man say to me one day. "Sir, You need to be color blind." I smiled at him and told him "I am, but I am not ass hole blind. I can spot one blocks away"

Now, do I think that the Rodney King incident was handles wrong? Yes, it was. I can tell you as a Police DT instructor that not enough force was used nor was it used fast enough. That PR24 circle jerk that was filmed was inexcusable. The supervisors were idiots and not in control.

S/F
Finger

sparkie
12-09-07, 07:37 PM
"I am, but I am not ass hole blind." Love that Quote. I didn't see black either,I don't believe. I thought I saw some police,,, and an entire city being abused, over a beligerant druggie. pardon the crap out of me for my opinion. The can [in my opinion] beat the crap out of a white beligerant druggie any time.

USMC_1983-89
12-12-07, 03:52 PM
Anyone (regardless of race, religion or creed) who resists LEO's instructions will get the beat down. Even an Army National Guard Sergeant and Iraq veteran, when showing bad judgment and not complying with LEO instructions gets the smackdown. Behold: Army beatdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kiPuyssrko).

Also, note how in the above video, the Sgt. is clearly in the wrong by going back and confronting them instead of simply carrying on. Also of note is how, once again, the liberal media attempts to "spin" the story into another police brutality yarn. I suggest that you walk in a cops shoes for a week or two and when Joe Q. Public begins to resist or after a series of non-compliance inactions to direct orders, let's see how you react.

The best course of action is to simply comply with LEO orders and not resist. If they tell you to "go away" or "show your hands" or "lie face down", Jesus Christ, just do it. By not complying with their requests, you open yourself to whatever force the officer needs to employ to get you to follow instructions.

End of story.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-07, 02:24 PM
Man gets drunk. Man surrenders to police. Police beats the **** out of man, continously, relentlessly, while he is laying face down on the ground, arms above his head. Police get caught in the act (finally). City pays man for crippling injuries. Man is seen as a monster while police are made martyrs! Death is wished on man, medals recommended for police...racism will never die, thanks to people that have the mentality of some of you.

As a black man, I apologize to all of you. Please, accept my sincere apology that birdshot was used instead of buckshot, and the oppurtunity to have another dead black man on the streets of the United States was missed. Maybe he'll overdose on his habbits and redeem himself, in your eyes.

And here all this time I thought it was just the Mississippian and Tennesse Marines in my office that were pigs.

Thus proving that you are as much of a racist idiot as those you claim to whine against.

A POS is a POS no matter what color they are. If you had a frakkin clue, instead of making race noises, you'd perhaps research the entire incident.

But..that would be too much like right, I suppose. Far easier to bloviate about evil rednecks instead.

Pfaw.

Sgt Leprechaun
12-14-07, 02:37 PM
My apologies if my rant 'offends' anyone, but it annoys me to no end to see the blanket 'racist' term shotgunned about for no good reason, except because one feels some sort of solidarity with a dirtbag because of one's race. If that be the case, then I guess I have to get all fired up because various and sundry white scumbags have had the crap kicked outta them on TV. Riiiiight. Just as stoopid.

King is and was a POS, he just happened to become a FAMOUS P.O.S., who was paid off by the city, and who proceeded to pee that money away rather quickly, instead of actually using it to better himself. Kinda hard when you are a crackhead, but still, he could have tried.

Use of force on this....I agree, the LAPD coppers strikes were 90 percent misses. Believe me, someone hits you the right way with an aircraft aluminum or PVC PR-24, down you go. With the bruising to prove it. If he had been actually struck that many times with those batons, no matter how drugged up, he would have had lots more damage than those 'after' beating photos show.

thewookie
12-14-07, 05:41 PM
If Rodney King, or anyone for that matter is being chased by cops around my neighborhood at a high rate of speed, on PCP, I hope that when the cops catch them that they beat the sh*t out of them. Black or White, Dark Green or Light Green, beat'em. Beat them. And the fact that this guy got a couple of million but yet he's still involved in this petty sh*t is reason to beat him again, harder. As far as the shooting incident, next time try a slug.

gutinstinct
12-14-07, 08:57 PM
Well put Sgt Lep. How the hell have you been ?

OLE SARG
12-14-07, 09:11 PM
Rodney King is just a dumbass ******* ----- nothing racist about that!!!!!!! If he had been white, HE STILL WOULD BE A DUMBASS *******!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Sgt Leprechaun
12-15-07, 02:26 PM
Well put Sgt Lep. How the hell have you been ?

Pretty good, pal! How about you? Ready for Christmas?