PDA

View Full Version : Reno Fallen Marine’s Father Enlists in Navy

thedrifter
11-29-07, 06:55 AM
Reno Fallen Marine’s Father Enlists in Navy

Posted: Nov 28, 2007 04:43 PM
Kellene Stockwell
Channel 2 News

The father of a fallen Reno Marine has enlisted in the Navy and says he wants to help injured Marines in Iraq.

25-year-old First Lieutenant Nathan Krisoff was killed nearly one year ago by a roadside bomb in Al Anbar province. He was just three months into his tour of duty.

Wednesday morning his mother and father appeared on the CBS Early Show.

61-year-old Lieutenant Commander Bill Krisoff is an orthopedic surgeon in Truckee, California.

He got a special waiver and enlisted with the Navy Medical Corps Reserve. "I'm honored and privileged the Navy Medical Corps would take me and let me work. I've been inspired by the dedication to service that both my boys...my younger son is a Marine officer as well."

Krisoff's wife Christine says she stands behind her husband's decision 100%. But she admits she didn't think the military would take him because of his age. "I'm on board with it. I think it's great for us. It's a new chapter and it gives us something to look forward to."

Krisoff still has to go through some more training before he can be deployed to the war zone.

Ellie