PDA

View Full Version : MOS reassignment

jp84
11-28-07, 08:34 PM
Hey all, <br />
<br />
I arrived at my MOS school (6842 Wx-forecaster) in late Oct of this year and I've been waiting to class up since. I was told I won't be classing up till april:( . <br />
Now I'm hearing...

hrscowboy
11-28-07, 10:42 PM
(WTF) Weatherforcaster who ever heard of a Marine doing that kinda a crap.

LeonardLawrence
11-28-07, 11:12 PM
(WTF) Weatherforcaster who ever heard of a Marine doing that kinda a crap.

Well, stick your hand out of the bivy bag and you can tell it will be 70%chance of rain, 80% chance miserable and there will be stormy E-7s all day!

Seriously, can your recruiter direct you to someone who has an idea of an answer?? Seems like some of it would work itself out to attrition and such, but there should be some idea of what the reprucussion of overbooking the school (butterfly effect? ) would be.....

yellowwing
11-29-07, 03:41 AM
Can they do that?
I had to chuckle at that one! :D

Seriously, with you being from Irvine Cali I bet you have the opportunity to select pretty much any MOS that operates out of Camp Pendleton.

Your life would be much easier if you select another MOS that Our Beloved Corps is offering you. Suck it up and smile even if its through gritted teeth.

If you really like flying, look into the OV-10 ground positions.

yellowwing
11-29-07, 04:01 AM
Oops, there no more OV-10s in The Corps. But there is MAG 39 (http://www.3maw.usmc.mil/mag39/default.asp) at Camp Pendelton.

ggyoung
11-29-07, 11:13 AM
Weatherforcaster-----Is used atleast 2 times a day in artty. Don't want them 155s shooting off target.

Crusader20
11-29-07, 04:19 PM
[quote=LeonardLawrence]Well, stick your hand out of the bivy bag and you can tell it will be 70%chance of rain, 80% chance miserable and there will be stormy E-7s all day!

If it ain't Raining, We ain't training!!

:mad:

cball
11-29-07, 04:28 PM
This doesnt have anything to do with the topic but I use to belong to another Marine Forum similar to this.and you had to give your MOS. Being in the air wing all Mos were 6400 ,mine was 6413 air craft engine mech/crewchief.Anyway the moderator told me that my Mos was wrong .I was setting there looking right at my D 214 paper.Are the new aviation Mos not 6400?

jp84
11-29-07, 09:06 PM
thx for the help. I understand the whole "needs of the Corps"... its just, i signed up for that MOS because i WANTED that MOS. Not because i wasnt sure what i wanted to do with my life, or because it was randomly selected for me. I mean i majored in aeronautics lol. Thats why I'm so bummed out with the uncertainty.

killerinstinct
11-30-07, 09:11 AM
i know what you mean man well i doubt they will reassign you because you do have a contract with that specific MOS. AAnd if they break their end you are no longer obligated thats probably why they usually do a general field.

To be honest though its highly unlikely you will get an MOS other than the one that your contract states.

Basically what i am telling you there devil dog is enjoy those working parties till April.

bucksgted
11-30-07, 04:14 PM
This doesnt have anything to do with the topic but I use to belong to another Marine Forum similar to this.and you had to give your MOS. Being in the air wing all Mos were 6400 ,mine was 6413 air craft engine mech/crewchief.Anyway the moderator told me that my Mos was wrong .I was setting there looking right at my D 214 paper.Are the new aviation Mos not 6400?
Channing, I was a 6614 (Airborne Fire Control Radar/Computers) in 1956. Winger MOSs aren't 66XX anymore either. I had that same problem at another site cause 6614 is now some kind of instrument tech.

cball
11-30-07, 04:52 PM
Thanks, I magine a lot of things have
changed in 50 odd yrs.
c ball

ZSKI
12-05-07, 10:31 PM
No because as a reservist your filling a specific billet at your unit. When you sign the contract you sign for that specific unit and that MOS