PDA

View Full Version : Looking

Sarge05
11-28-07, 08:14 PM
Semper fi Marines, My name is C.Wayne LaFitte. I was in the Marines from Jan. 1969 to Nov. 75. I served in the nam from Nov. 11, 1969 to Oct. 13, 1970. Looking for anyone that was with EngrMaintCo, MaintenanceBn, 1st FSR/FLC/ redbeach Danang area in the same time frame.
Tc and God Bless the USA.

Big Jim
11-28-07, 09:59 PM
Hey Ol' Sarge,

My name is Jim and my ol' man was in the same unit with you in Nam'!! He passed away in October of 2005 at the tender age age of 59 from Diabetes so I only had the chance to speak with a few of his buddies but he sure went on alot about it...especially when he was drinkin'....that was the only time when he'd talk about it....but I sure miss him....he was a good guy...;otta heart...guy....diabetes....what a ****ed up way to go....

Sarge05
11-29-07, 09:23 AM
OOOOOOOOOOORaaaaahhhh! Ty for your reply. Im so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. His duty on earth was finished and he's now in the service of God's Marines. The highest honor that is bestowed on a marine. Was his name Jim also and did he say anything about what he did while in the unit. I know you said he never talked about it much but was just wondering if he did. And congrats in following in his foot steps. I know he's Smiling big now. I did repairs on canvas and web gear and field mess gear. Once a month we took a load of rejected and no good material to the dump. Maybe he went on one with me. And did he say anything about Dog Patch. That was the trips highlight. lmao. Well i'll let you go and again i salute your fathere service as a Marine.:thumbup:. Semper fi. Later Brother Marine.

butcha
06-28-09, 04:18 PM
I served at Camp Brook (red beach) from Nov 1967 to July 1969. Was in Ration Company, Supply Btn, 1st Force Service Reg. Many memories (some good--some bad) of Red Beach, but, overall, not bad place to be for a Marine in Viet-Nam.