PDA

View Full Version : Marine Deserter

JordanB
11-28-07, 06:42 PM
Private Chatterton of Buffalo, Ny went U.A. from my unit a couple of weeks ago. For some reason he waited through all of s.o.i. and reporting into 2nd LAR to do this, which makes me wonder because we learned shortly after ariveing at this (our first duty station) that our unit is scheduled to deploy in march and we are short of scouts, even more so because of this piece of work. Whats worse is Private Chatterton had numberious depts to Marines in our platoon in soi that he has as yet to pay, somewhere in between $300-$600 worth (he told me and others that he needed $50 to get a loan from his bank so that he could go back home to see his sick grandmother, the details of the story change from Marine to Marine depending on who he lied to. He has his same cell phone from soi and has been answering calls, so if y'all jarheads would like to tell Private Chatterton just what real Marines think of his actions towards his platoon members, his corps, and ultamately his country his # is 585 733 5543.

Marine84
11-28-07, 07:18 PM
Though it's tempting..................people like him aren't worth it. I don't know how they do it now but, used to be if anybody went AWOL, the Corps won't go after him. Idiots like him continue to fk up on their own and when he gets in trouble with the cops next time, they'll hand him back over to the Corps.

He IS a worthless piece of meat though to bail like that. Better off without him - he would only get some of you guys killed. By doing this, he's proven to everybody that he can't be trusted and you cannot depend on him to watch YOUR a$$. It's a disgrace that only HE will have to live with for the rest of his life - when he gets older, he'll regret the hell out of doing it.

jrhd97
11-28-07, 09:44 PM
Worthless doesn't even began to discribe him. :mad:

2 LAR, A co. , 3rd plt was my first duty as a scout also.
Semper Fi! :marine:

Big Jim
11-28-07, 10:16 PM
This idiot needs an ol' fashioned ass woopin! He needed ro to have his mind right to begin with....he hopes no one will find him. Let him go...write the debt off and carry on....****heads like that don't have any honor. He planned his way out...let him go...

Scottyva
11-29-07, 09:33 PM
I agree with Big Jim. Maybe His Conscience will get the best of him.

Osotogary
11-30-07, 01:38 AM
What can you say about someone who goes U.A. for two weeks and still answers his cell phone? I know that I have never heard of such a thing. I wonder what that means? Yeah, I know, the guy cut and ran owing money but most of all he deserted his fellow Marines who may be going through similar pre-deployment head games but stay on. Utimately, going U.A. was his decision and he will be judged accordingly, by friend and foe, not for owing money, per se, but for leaving.

Big Jim
11-30-07, 03:11 AM
Thats right and its really better for everyone that he did this now and not in a combat zone...he sounds heartless and worthless anyway...piece of s***!!! He'll get what he deserves....

bigdog43701
11-30-07, 07:02 AM
hey guys...i work in law enforcement corrections...the inmates call me "The Gunny"...i love it when the bring in a deserter...i put them through hell and they wish they were back with the Corps.

ggyoung
11-30-07, 11:58 AM
Big Jim========If he had done this during combat it is the job of a Sgt. to shoot his young ass. You, me and every Sgt. have the right to do this.

Proffitt
11-30-07, 02:07 PM
There was a man about 55 to 60 years old arrested here in Ft. Worth awhile back that had been AWOL since the end of Vietnam. He got popped on a traffic stop and the officer that arrested him picked up the paperwork from Quantico at our jail saying to hold him for the Corps. That would be pretty damn scary...ha

ggyoung
11-30-07, 06:57 PM
Remember in boot the DIs had this saying, "you will come back at some point in time". How true that is

sparkie
11-30-07, 07:09 PM
Raining,,,,, scared, with a life hardly worth facing. Desperation, as foul as a black cloud. tears, regret, hopelessness.

Maybe he could take it to Ophra,,, Cause I don't give a Sh!t.

JordanB
12-02-07, 12:30 PM
Once again if yall wanna let this guy know what you jarheads who have been in a while think his cell is 585 733 5543.