PDA

View Full Version : Dog house for under $8.00.

Osotogary
11-28-07, 02:56 PM
I was shopping at Target and saw this 15 gallon container with top in the colors green and red (for Christmas I bet.) for about $4.00. A light bulb turned on and I thought how this container could be turned into a dog house for next to nothing. I went to Home Depot and bought a vent for about $1.56 and then went to the Dollar Store and bought an exacto knife knock off for $1.00. I got home and drew a template for the opening and started cutting away with the exacto knife, exercising care to follow the pen markings. In about one hour I had a simple doghouse for the killer dog next door. All that was left to do was to find a suitable place to put the doghouse and a large beach towel that the dog could sleep on.
Right now, from what I understand, Paco, uses it nightly or whenever he wants to. LOL
Here are a couple of photos. Note that, with the colors being red and green, a USMC decal would look pretty good on the dog house, maybe a barrack number could be stenciled on it.
This might be a nice Christmas gift for your favorite small dog.
Adios for now.
Gary

sparkie
11-28-07, 03:40 PM
Nice idea, cheapskate. But I was wondering, why the vent? Tryin to up the price? Or does the door close too tightly. [You know i'm jokin].
I think for my wifes nasty little dog, I'll get one and not cut in a door.

Osotogary
11-30-07, 05:50 PM
LOL, sparkie.
Here's a real cheapskate.

sparkie
11-30-07, 06:30 PM
Does it need a key? How much is that? Turn it into a skateboard and I'll buy it. [ I haven't chipped my elbo in 45 years since one of those].