PDA

View Full Version : COMING SOON? "1 New $ = 1000 Old $'s.

Gary Hall
11-27-07, 07:37 PM
Marines, can it come to pass? What might it mean? 40 odd years ago it happened in a very large country in which I was working. The above title was the headline in a newspaper in that land, the only difference was in the name of the currency, it was then not the dollar. At the time I immediately wondered if it could ever happen in the US. I've been cautioned to minimize my word count, however a lot could be said about this. Gary Hall

yellowwing
11-27-07, 07:54 PM
You mean like when the USSR had two currencies? Internal currency for domestic trade and "hard currency" that that rest of the world would accept.

3077India
11-29-07, 02:46 AM
You mean like when the USSR had two currencies? Internal currency for domestic trade and "hard currency" that that rest of the world would accept.Two Currencies? :nerd: :confused: Didn't Mexico also do the same thing a little over 2 decades ago?

cball
11-29-07, 03:00 PM
Money changes all the time ,we had Peace dollars,Ike dollars,Suzan B Anthony,Sacagawea and now Presidential dollars.. Liberty,Franklin,kennedy half dollars..When was the last time you saw or got one of those in change?State quarters , people everywhere are grabing them up and sticking them away.Even the paper money has changed.
c ball