PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem Skipped Before Dalphins-Steelers Game

greensideout
11-27-07, 03:47 PM
I think it was a Bad Call by the NFL!

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Sports in America start with the national anthem. The Dolphins-Steelers game was an exception.

Rushing to begin the nationally televised matchup following a 25-minute weather delay, the NFL chose to skip the anthem Monday night before Miami played Pittsburgh. The game started without any of the traditional pregame ceremonies, except the coin toss, and neither team was introduced on the public address system.

According to the Steelers, the NFL wanted the game to begin as soon as possible following the delay. Several more minutes would have been needed to set up a microphone and sound equipment at midfield, where the anthem is traditionally performed at Steelers games.

There was no apparent fan reaction to the omission, which occurred as many fans were scrambling to get back to their seats for the kickoff. The fans were ordered to leave the lower seating bowl at Heinz Field when lightning and a heavy rain resulted in both teams being waved off the field during pregame warmups.

The teams warmed up for an additional nine minutes before the game began at 8:55 p.m. EST. Pittsburgh won 3-0 on Jeff Reed's 24-yard field goal with 17 seconds remaining.

National anthems are rarely televised during NFL games, with the Super Bowl being an exception.

jrhd97
11-27-07, 03:52 PM
Very disapointed.

thedrifter
11-27-07, 03:53 PM
I have to agree..:(

Ellie

Khalifah88
11-27-07, 04:15 PM
I turned off the tv when that happend.
So much for National Pride when money is on the line, F**King a**wipes

PatriotGirl422
11-27-07, 05:25 PM
If they wanted to shorten the duration of the televised game to make it fit into a certain time slot, maybe they should have considered just playing the 60 minute game in something close to 60 minutes (instead of reviewing every freaking play and having a foul for everything under the sun).

jetdawgg
11-28-07, 02:45 PM
I thought that the writers were on strike?:sick:

Proffitt
11-28-07, 03:05 PM
That's the first I've heard about it...that kinda ****es me off. OFF the subject...sorry.... I don't care about the teams that were playing, but that was a low scoring game.

Scottyva
11-28-07, 04:14 PM
What did you expect it was Disney for Crying Out Loud

OLE SARG
11-28-07, 06:08 PM
Since obanamyassO doesn't like to salute Ole Glory or put his skinnyass hand over his heart when playing the Nat'l Anthum, he would have enjoyed that!!!!!!!! The skinneyass piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

FistFu68
11-28-07, 07:38 PM
:evilgrin: CHIT ALMOST AS BAD AS BUBBA CLINTON SALUTING AUDIENCES WITH A LIMP HANDED RENDITION,LIKE THEM FUCING PIER QUEER'S.:evilgrin: :iwo: