PDA

View Full Version : Local marine returns home in time for Thanksgiving, serving overseas in Iraq

thedrifter
11-22-07, 06:10 AM
Local marine returns home in time for Thanksgiving, serving overseas in Iraq

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 08:25 PM

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Reported by: Kory Raftery

SAN LUIS OBISPO

One family on the Central Coast has a big reason to give thanks the next few days.

Local Marine Josh Holt is home for the holiday after serving overseas in Iraq and Japan.

Josh Holt walked off the plane this afternoon to find a sea of support from family and friends.

The Lance Corporal has been away serving in Japan and a combat zone in Iraq for the past year.

Former Marines were on hand and they brought a retro limo for Josh to ride home in.

His dad, Larry, arrived early with the help of some former Marines and a few of Josh's friends. They cam in tow with a banner showing their support.

Josh says that banner was the first thing he saw when the plane touched down.

"I didn't even realize we were in San Luis Obispo yet. I peeked out the window and saw that big banner. Then the first thing I did was look for mom and dad," said U.S. Marine Josh Holt.

Josh says he is excited to be able to wear his "civilian clothes" and to relax with his family.

He will be home for almost three weeks and then he will head back to Japan.

Josh's parents say they are happily anticipating a stateside assignment for their son in June.

Ellie