PDA

View Full Version : Marine Spending Special Holiday With Family

thedrifter
11-22-07, 03:42 AM
Marine Spending Special Holiday With Family

Wed Nov 21, 6:35 PM ET

It will be a brief holiday, but for one Massachusetts Marine and his family, all that matters is that he is home.

NewsCenter 5's Sean Kelly reported that Dusty Cabral, 20, has been serving in Iraq with the Marines for the past eight months.

"It seems like an eternity," said Cabral's father, Peter, a former Marine. "I'm on an emotional roller coaster, but right now, it is all high spots. It actually kicked in two days ago when I realized it was really going to happen."

Peter Cabral said his son left them a voicemail a few days ago confirming his visit.

"It said, 'I'm standing on the ground of America. Just thought you'd like to know,'" Peter Cabral said.

"I worry about everything, make sure he is safe and just comes home safe," said Cabral's mother, Kathleen.

The family said they are excited for the brief time together.

"We take lots and lots of pictures. We make sure we go and see the family and our friends and we just do what we can to see everybody and get as much time with him as possible," Cabral's sister, Holly, said.

"It is all we talk about basically -- our family and friends back home. It is great to see them. I haven't seen them in eight months and talking to them when I was on the boat was really hard. It is just great to see them," Dusty Cabral said.

Dusty Cabral will fly back to rejoin the Marines in California on Sunday.

Ellie