Two Men Shot In Texas By Joe Horn Who Saw Suspects Leaving Neighbor's <br />
House <br />
CBS News <br />
PASADENA, Tex., Nov. 17, 2007 <br />
<br />
(CBS) The 911 call came from a...

FistFu68
11-17-07, 05:36 PM
:evilgrin: I NEED A NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR LIKE THIS MAN,ON EITHER SIDE OF ME :evilgrin:

Big Jim
11-17-07, 05:40 PM
Well...I think Joe Horn acted in a self-defense manner and shouldn't be prosecuted. I know myself and my neighbors would very much appreciate someone taking action if I was being burglerized. These guys were committing a crime and they ran into a guy who refused to let it happen. And who knows...these things escalate into worse crimes. Joe Horn just stopped it all in its tracks. I wish I could shake his hand!!!!

LeonardLawrence
11-17-07, 06:09 PM
Sounds legit to me. He stopped individuals in the commission of a felony. May not have been a perfect self defense, but it sounds like a citizen doing his duty.

I wouldn't want to be out there with a shotgun when Johnny Law came around, but looks like it went well and the "right" people got hurt.

I agree with FistFU, but want them across the street as well ;)

PatriotGirl422
11-18-07, 01:35 PM
I think he did the right thing. If those criminals didn't want to get shot, they shouldn't have been stealing things. The man was scared, and he had a right to use deadly force.

capmarine
11-18-07, 03:33 PM
ok,were these felons(in progress)an imminent threat or immediate threat to do bodily harm to joe horn?(or if they excaped they would or could do bodily harm to someone else or cause a death)were these men armed? or did joe horn believe in his mind that they were armed at that very moment,although he didnt see a weapon and he would be killed or great bodily harm would be done to him?.going over to just shoot these guys could mean an indictment,remember this is Texas,i dont know their law.it also sounds like he went after these two guys and had it in his mind to shoot them no matter what.if he is cleared a civil suit could be forthcoming.

FistFu68
11-18-07, 03:37 PM
:usmc: "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL" :usmc: :thumbdown

grizzly
11-18-07, 03:40 PM
While i dont endorse vigilante justice,I do believe as political commentator Bill O'reilly says the only ones we can truly depend on to protect us is ourselves.You cannot depend a hundred percent on the cops,and this is not an indictment of the police.its the fact that police cannot be everywhere all the time.but i do have a problem with the liberal politicians who want to strip our right but leave little in place to protect us not only from the bad guys but also bad legislation that in effect renders us defensless.someone or something needs to protect the innocents from the nuts in congress who are sheltered in their ivory towers,and only come out at election time,needing our votes.they dont come out alone ,they bring a security staff with them,why ? I ask,are you more afraid of the people who vote your sorry butts in to power than of the crooks who are killing the citizens on the street. Sometime unconventional problems require unconventional solutions,keep in mind that what is right,is not always popular.and what is popular is not always right !!!
SEMPER FI :mad:

yellowwing
11-18-07, 06:06 PM
"He is the guardian of the neighborhood," she said. "He takes care of all our kids. If we ever need anything, we call him.”
If you step up into that position, stuff happens. People look to you and you just can't let them down.

Dannycanterberr
11-18-07, 06:12 PM
I think there should be a whole lot more Joe Horns around, people need to stand behind ones like him,my respects to you Mr. Joe Horn

OLE SARG
11-18-07, 06:16 PM
You gotta do what you gotta do!!!!!! If a scumbag breaks into my house he will be CARRIED OUT TO THE FUNERAL HOME!!!!!! Too much of this PC bull**** going on - be kinder and gentler and lessen punishment for ****heads to which I say BULL****!!!!!!!!
AND to capmarine, if I saw my neighbors house being burglarized I, too, would go after the scumbags WITH the intentions to blow them away if I felt threatened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

crate78
11-18-07, 07:08 PM
I have no problem with it.

A couple of years ago in Omaha, a couple of thugs got the brilliant idea to rob a pawn shop. The pawn shop was also a firearm dealership. The two thugs ran in and one held a gun to the head of one co-owner. The other co-owner simply opened fire with a 9mm auto.

One of the thugs was left confined to a wheelchair to contemplate his choice of professions. The other one was left not contemplating anything.

The co-owners were completely exonerated, but they closed the shop a few months later to clear their heads and take a new start.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

crate

Phantom Blooper
11-18-07, 07:54 PM
I would recommend using a Mossberg pump shotgun. Now if I saw someone breaking into my neighbors house I would call 911 and then go out to the front of neighbors driveway with shotgun and attempt to hold them for police but if they threatened me I am afraid I would be forced to defend myself with deadly force. My home NO warning,just psychotic behavior.I have no pity or feelings for drug dealers or robbers or somebody trying to take property or belongings from myself or my neighbors who have worked hard or received legally.To have attorneys and judges let criminals get away with lawlessness by using all kinds of excuses. If they want something go get a job like about 95% of the citizens of this country do or ask! Otherwise go sleep under the troll bridge and leave me alone!

erased
11-18-07, 08:10 PM
"'Boom! You're dead!' he shouts."

I love it.

grizzly
11-18-07, 08:59 PM
You gotta do what you gotta do!!!!!! If a scumbag breaks into my house he will be CARRIED OUT TO THE FUNERAL HOME!!!!!! Too much of this PC bull**** going on - be kinder and gentler and lessen punishment for ****heads to which I say BULL****!!!!!!!!
AND to capmarine, if I saw my neighbors house being burglarized I, too, would go after the scumbags WITH the intentions to blow them away if I felt threatened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI, I am a truck driver,and as a rule we are not allowed to carry guns in our commercial vehicles,but some drivers do.there is a saying amongst the drivers to the effect: I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

8th&I Marine
11-18-07, 10:00 PM
I can say this for some of my fellow Texans, I would have done the same thing. They have just passed a few laws around here. If someone comes into your home unwanted boom. If they are trying to steal your car, or are threatened in the work place. The more I relize it the more people are carring gun on them here. I know I carry mine every day. Semper Fi.

Cantrell:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
11-19-07, 12:15 AM
Works for me. Give that man a ceegar. 2 less thugs for the state of Texas to deal with.

No great loss to society.

OLE SARG
11-19-07, 09:32 AM
grizzly -
I say amen to your post!!!!! You damn sure can't depend on the courts these days with a lot of the whacko judges (and I use that word VERY loosely) on the bench. I can't remember the judge in Ohio who gave a ****head who raped a child 30 days probation - THAT AIN'T ****ING JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Justice for ******* would have been a ROPE!!!!!
Sorry for the rant, but I get started on this **** and it just ****es me off!!

SEMPER FI,

grizzly
11-19-07, 01:48 PM
hey ole sarge, there was a panty waisted judge in NH who did the same thing,now that I think about it there were 2 judges in NH who let perverts off easy.but I can only fault the parents who dont teach their kids any respect for themselves or others.They would would say their kids "have issues" and need a therapist.same way with these pinko-liberals after 9/11 we should get these terrorists therapists and talk about their anger management issues.What a crock!

thewookie
11-19-07, 03:21 PM
"'Boom! You're dead!' he shouts."

I love it.

My thoughts exactly!

DWG
11-20-07, 08:32 AM
"THOU SHALT NOT STEAL"

Not in Joe Horns' neighborhood anyway!

The dispatcher kept saying "property isn't worth shooting someone over"! BS!! I know that I work for my property; that means I trade part of my life for a pay check to obtain property. Therefore when someone takes my property, they are taking part of my life away. I understand that "things" can be replaced, but somewhere you have to draw the line or you might as well put all your stuff on the lawn for others to cart off! Any loss of thieves or druggies is a plus for society! You go Joe Horn!!!:thumbup:

Accord
11-20-07, 12:00 PM
This dude is the grandfather of one of the Corpsman in my platoon.

yellowwing
11-20-07, 12:11 PM
This dude is the grandfather of one of the Corpsman in my platoon.
I just KNEW there had to be a Veteran connection to this guy! :thumbup:

He raised a good family for sure!

FalnHalo
11-20-07, 02:45 PM
To All:

This is what should be done when you see someone taking something from your neighbors and they aren't there. I truly hope the Grand Jury No Bills Mr. Horn. The petty criminals will think twice before they decide to break and enter into a residence. May the Lord Ease Your Conscience - and you would be a welcome neighbor in my neighborhood anytime.

:thumbup:

rvillac2
11-20-07, 04:00 PM
Accord,
If you can track down this Mr. Horn's mailing address I would send him some stuff. Apparently he's down at least two shotgun shells.
I wonder if he prefers buckshot or slugs.

; )

God Bless the 2nd Ammendment.

Wyoming
11-20-07, 04:16 PM
Accord,
If you can track down this Mr. Horn's mailing address I would send him some stuff. Apparently he's down at least two shotgun shells.

; )

Alternate - #4's & Slugs

sdk87to91
11-20-07, 05:52 PM
Is a command from a dispatcher on the 911 phone to be followed like it was coming from a police officer standing in front of you?

yellowwing
11-20-07, 05:55 PM
Dunno? The Dispatcher is not there on the scene like a uniformed Officer would be. I'm guessing it would be up to the D.A. and State Laws.

yellowwing
11-20-07, 05:59 PM
Cheers, jeers for man in slayings of burglary suspects <br />
Neighbors hail actions while Quanell X calls for murder charges in protest at shooter's home <br />
By RUTH RENDON <br />
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle...

Zulu 36
11-20-07, 08:05 PM
Is a command from a dispatcher on the 911 phone to be followed like it was coming from a police officer standing in front of you?

Not when I was a cop in Michigan, except when the dispatcher or 911 operator was a cop AND the caller knew it. Still, the dispatcher (regardless of status) isn't on the scene and isn't seeing and experiencing what the caller is.

sparkie
11-20-07, 09:31 PM
Send him some more ammo,,,,,,,Hot Damm. [[ Just my opinion]]

michaelbradley
11-23-07, 03:14 PM
another case of a good neighbor helping another only to catch the s#*!#*end of the stick, and to prove once again laws are made to protect the bad guys,,,, where they illegals to ?

yellowwing
11-23-07, 05:01 PM
Dang Waiting on the Supreme Court! <br />
<br />
Self-defense 'Castle' laws gain ground <br />
By Chris Joyner, USA TODAY <br />
BYRAM, Miss. — Kathy Adkins moves from target to target, firing with deadly efficiency a...

michaelbradley
11-23-07, 08:43 PM
:mad: I have a Grandaughter 7 years old also my youngest child is 13 I have a wife ,,if anyone,,, including the child molester that lives a one house over from me which we in our little community cant do nothing about cause the law allows his piece of crap *#^ to live among us enters my yard or house to steal or anything else on there mind will be carried away in a body bag or a hole will be dug and they rolled over in it and covered over,, and life goes on. hoooo rahhhhh:usmc:

Accord
11-23-07, 11:08 PM
Accord,

; )

I'll talk to Doc Horn when we get back from our 96.

michaelbradley
11-24-07, 06:21 AM
:marine: How did you get e-3 and only been in since april of this year the corp gives promotions that quick now ????

Accord
11-24-07, 01:45 PM
:marine: How did you get e-3 and only been in since april of this year the corp gives promotions that quick now ????
Meritorious PFC out of boot camp and then picked up LCpl based on TIG/TIS.

michaelbradley
11-24-07, 04:13 PM
:marine: we didnt get promotions like that in the old corps you had to earn them stripes,,, did`nt come easy in recon 3rd recon 73-78 :flag:

Phantom Blooper
11-27-07, 04:31 PM
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE :beer:

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more. (and fight to remove the bad laws already on the books)
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
26. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to pack.

:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
11-27-07, 04:35 PM
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE:beer:

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more. (and fight to remove the bad laws already on the books)
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
26. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to pack.

:evilgrin:

FistFu68
11-27-07, 05:12 PM
:evilgrin: TO BAD #21 OF THE REDSKINS DIDN'T HAVE MR.HORN AS A NEIGHBOR:evilgrin:

RonC
12-21-07, 10:04 AM
I have no problem with it.

A couple of years ago in Omaha, a couple of thugs got the brilliant idea to rob a pawn shop. The pawn shop was also a firearm dealership. The two thugs ran in and one held a gun to the head of one co-owner. The other co-owner simply opened fire with a 9mm auto.

One of the thugs was left confined to a wheelchair to contemplate his choice of professions. The other one was left not contemplating anything.

The co-owners were completely exonerated, but they closed the shop a few months later to clear their heads and take a new start.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

crate
Being confined to a wheelchair myself, and in constant pain, (not from combat, but from a bicycling accident). I think that is a fitting punishment.
Ron C

Big Jim
12-21-07, 01:51 PM
:mad: I have a Grandaughter 7 years old also my youngest child is 13 I have a wife ,,if anyone,,, including the child molester that lives a one house over from me which we in our little community cant do nothing about cause the law allows his piece of crap *#^ to live among us enters my yard or house to steal or anything else on there mind will be carried away in a body bag or a hole will be dug and they rolled over in it and covered over,, and life goes on. hoooo rahhhhh:usmc:

In Ohio, there's a law going to be passed that every single sexual predator AND offender, living in the state, and owning a vehicle, must get a set of neon green license plates as to be easily identified as a sexual offender!! I think that was the best idea to come out of that Governor's house yet!!! Well, that and the plan to not have Ohio's veteran's pay any state taxes! But that's still in the making!!! Gov. Strickland used to work for the state's prison system!!!! I'd like to shake his hand!!

capmarine
12-21-07, 09:11 PM
in oklahoma sexual predators will have their DL's stamped with that info.

grizzly
07-02-08, 03:16 PM
well it seems the fine folks in Texas have come thru again,it seems that the Grand Jury declined to indict this gentleman,both of these thugs were in country illegally and had been part of the catch and release program sponsored by the local relocation agency known as ICE(immigration).Sometime justice is fleeting,but in this case it came thru:mad:

ecfree
07-02-08, 04:10 PM
I am a truck driver,and as a rule we are not allowed to carry guns in our commercial vehicles,but some drivers do.there is a saying amongst the drivers to the effect: I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Amen Griz,and if some dirt bag broke into my house or my nieghbors,they'd be carried out in a body bag.:devious:

Cpl Keller
07-02-08, 04:48 PM
Mr. Horn has been added to my list of heroes.

E5NAMKROW
07-02-08, 09:51 PM
I may have missed it, but i didnt see the part where they were illegal aliens.

FistFu68
07-02-08, 10:00 PM
:usmc: Time too Partay,2 Down;2Million 2 Go.Lite them All Up :D :yes:

mcvet57103
07-05-08, 09:33 AM
I am a truck driver,and as a rule we are not allowed to carry guns in our commercial vehicles,but some drivers do.there is a saying amongst the drivers to the effect: I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6Yeah, when I was OTR trucking I carried a Saturday night special and had to stick in a few faces through the years. Now I drive a Redi-mix truck and sold the gun to a trucker buddy. I believe that had I not carried, I would have been a victim. Never fired it, but would have if I had needed to. I think if everyone was packing, the violence would lessen because the bad guys would know that if they mugged someone, or robbed a bank, they might get shot by a bystander.

ZSKI
07-10-08, 06:45 PM
Eh i would have blown there legs off it would entertain me more.

mcvet57103
07-11-08, 07:16 AM
Eh i would have blown there legs off it would entertain me more.Yeah but if you did that they would have found some code pink, nutbag, sissie, turd burglar, liberal lawyer from the land of fruits and nuts to sue you for torturing their poor unfortunate victim of circumstances. Better to blow the sorry excuse for azzbags away.:devious:

:evilgrin:Do I sound angry? Ooooops sorry, that aint PC.:angel:

ZSKI
07-11-08, 06:02 PM
Ya your probably right i could argue that i did not want to use deadly force. Only to stop the assalants from causing me and others harm.

mcvet57103
07-11-08, 08:16 PM
Ya your probably right i could argue that i did not want to use deadly force. Only to stop the assalants from causing me and others harm.Works for me.:thumbup:

yellowwing
07-12-08, 02:38 AM
Yeah but if you did that they would have found some code pink, nutbag, sissie, turd burglar, liberal lawyer from the land of fruits and nuts to sue you for torturing their poor unfortunate victim of circumstances. Better to blow the sorry excuse for azzbags away.:devious:

:evilgrin:Do I sound angry? Ooooops sorry, that aint PC.:angel:

Federal Inquiry Called by Congresswoman After 2 Intruders Shot
U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee called on Sunday for a congressional investigation into Harris County, Texas, saying current events indicate that its legal system confronts with a state of crisis.

The Democrat of Texas first referred to a recent Harris County grand jury decision not to prosecute a suburban homeowner, Joe Horn, who shot to death two men he suspected of burglarizing a neighbor's home.

"As far as many are concerned, justice was not rendered," said Jackson Lee, speaking at news conference Sunday.

Jackson Lee also mentioned a recent dispute concerning the Harris County Sheriff's Office, where top commanders were corrected for sending racially insensitive e-mails, including some that insulted Islam.

Other matters have concerned the Harris County Jail, which is subjected to a federal civil rights investigation and the withdrawal earlier this year of ex-District Attorney Chuck Rosenthal, who resigned from office after sending explicit e-mails on his county computer.

Jackson Lee also aimed at the current problems with the Houston Police Department crime lab, which forced interruption of DNA testing twice since 2002. Since then, three men convicted with culpable evidence have been acquited.

According to Jackson Lee, the model of behavior arouses questions about partiality in the system.

"With the enormous fractures in the system, until we take a broom and sweep it out, there won't be evenhanded justice," she said.

Jackson Lee said she wishes for congressional hearings to investigate possible biases in the Harris County justice system. She also demanded a federal investigation of the sheriff's department.

© 2007 - 2008 - eFluxMedia

yellowwing
07-12-08, 02:40 AM
Yo, does U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee realize that she is in Texas?

CBS
07-12-08, 08:43 AM
"'Law West of the Pecos'..........WHY NOT ?

Well, if anyone has read anything about "Beano" then you'll know that the BS stops here !! When people are under the influence of drugs, no one has a real chance to stop them.....they are physically better than three officrers of the law....that's a load, gentlemen. Besides anyone over 60
years of age is at a distinct disadvantage with 20 & 30 years old scum bags. I feel, he did the only correct thing he could do to protect himself, his neighborhood, to stop crime and his reluctance was quite clear but he
saw his duty and completed it. Fifteen feet with a crowbar is in the
attack mode, I'd say...meet my buddies...Smith & Wesson. :evilgrin:

SEMPER FI.......>Chuck

mcvet57103
07-12-08, 09:44 PM
"'Law West of the Pecos'..........WHY NOT ?

Well, if anyone has read anything about "Beano" then you'll know that the BS stops here !! When people are under the influence of drugs, no one has a real chance to stop them.....they are physically better than three officrers of the law....that's a load, gentlemen. Besides anyone over 60
years of age is at a distinct disadvantage with 20 & 30 years old scum bags. I feel, he did the only correct thing he could do to protect himself, his neighborhood, to stop crime and his reluctance was quite clear but he
saw his duty and completed it. Fifteen feet with a crowbar is in the
attack mode, I'd say...meet my buddies...Smith & Wesson. :evilgrin:

SEMPER FI.......>Chuck Judge Roy: "Ya got anything to say before I pronounce you guilty? Horse thief: I'm an innocent victim of circumstances. Judge: Hang em. Great movie and the script fits what we need to do today. :devious: Know the movie?

CBS
07-13-08, 04:14 PM
"Judge Roy: "Ya got anything to say before I pronounce you guilty? Horse thief: I'm an innocent victim of circumstances. Judge: Hang em. Great movie and the script fits what we need to do today. :devious: Know the movie?"

:nerd: You bet I do...it's a classic in my household. Of course, I cherish it more than anyone else for it's blantant honesty and humor. I think 'The Judge' would be appalled to see what America has become although one must remember he was a criminal at one time thusly his ability to out think most of the dandies of the time. I don't want everyone carrying a weapon in the future.....some can't locate their buttcus today..they don't need'm. The rest of us, will make Justice.......as needed like in the case of MR. HORN. :evilgrin:

Semper Fi.............>Chuck

mcvet57103
07-13-08, 07:51 PM
"Judge Roy: "Ya got anything to say before I pronounce you guilty? Horse thief: I'm an innocent victim of circumstances. Judge: Hang em. Great movie and the script fits what we need to do today. :devious: Know the movie?"

:nerd: You bet I do...it's a classic in my household. Of course, I cherish it more than anyone else for it's blantant honesty and humor. I think 'The Judge' would be appalled to see what America has become although one must remember he was a criminal at one time thusly his ability to out think most of the dandies of the time. I don't want everyone carrying a weapon in the future.....some can't locate their buttcus today..they don't need'm. The rest of us, will make Justice.......as needed like in the case of MR. HORN. :evilgrin:

Semper Fi.............>ChuckAnyone who remembers the Movie got the message it sent, and is a Marine is all right with me. Semper Fi