PDA

View Full Version : Careerist considering lat move to infantry

Leftie247
11-16-07, 08:42 PM
Hello Marines and friends of the Marine Corps,

Since there is no Career Jammer within 150 miles of me, I wanted to see if there were any SNCO infantrymen (or anyone else who knows the answer) that could answer a question for me.

I am on recruiting duty right now out in Cleveland Ohio. For the past almost 7 years, I have been an 0431 Embarker. I was selected for promotion to SSgt last month but I have been considering trying to make a lateral move to the infantry.

I know that all 03s become an 0369 when they pin on SSgt. Since I am selected for promotion in the 0431 field, I assume if I were to try lat move before I got promoted, I would have to forfeit the promotion. However, as a SSgt, can you lat move into the 0369 field?

Thanks for the help.

Sgt B

Leftie247
11-18-07, 06:21 PM
Bump

Phantom Blooper
11-18-07, 06:39 PM
Requirements/Prerequisites 0369.

Complete the platoon Sergeants Course at MCB Camp Pendleton, CA, or MCB Camp Lejeune, NC, or have held an 03 MOS upon selection to staff sergeant. :evilgrin:

Leftie247
11-18-07, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try to get in touch with my career planner and see what the possibility of me making the lateral move would be. I know they are hurting for career infantry right now and me coming from a logistics background, I would be a Company Commander's wet dream.

Sgt B