PDA

View Full Version : Has the Mexican Mafia Taken Over Tyler, TX, Traffic ?

Gary Hall
11-13-07, 01:56 PM
Marines, here's a letter I submitted to the Tyler, TX newspapers, for their consideration in being offered to the public. Both papers refused to run it, one replied they "... wanted to stay clear and clean...". On one wall there was a 6' x 10' American flag and on another wall was a larger than life sized painting of Big John Wayne. I don't believe Big John ever had a thought about "clear & clean". The inference is to be considered "cowardly and politically correct", 'cause there's more money in it. Any how, here's my Tyler unaccepted submission about some of the Tyler coming's & going's. What do you think, Marines?
HAS THE MEXICAN MAFIA TAKEN OVER TYLER TRAFFIC?
If not, maybe they should. Nearly anything might be an improvement over what we have to contend with lately. I recently paid a $252 fine for "running a red light" I get up early (about 4 am) in order to get out of town and drive 100 miles to work (one way, 7 days a week). I had fairly stopped for a red light on SSE Loop 323, and waited, there was NO traffic in ANY OTHER LANE, AND WAITED, AND WAITED, AND WAITED, AND SO ON. Rapidly getting madder & madder, I looked around for a patrol car and seeing none, I lunged angrily through the intersection and hadn't even cleared the intersection when, as expected, the Christmas Tree Lights came on in my rear view mirror. I immediately knew this was a day when I should have stayed home in bed with a beautiful wife (if I had one) bringing me hot biscuits and coffee and telling me how smart I am and how lucky she is. Alas, I continue to dream on and hope. However the thing that really raises my 200/180 blood pressure is the fact that East Texas Law Enforcement has become selective- i.e., get the easy ones. 50% of the drivers in the Tyler Area have no insurance (and it is worse in other Texas areas). I suppose this is the rationale for the claim that "Tyler is a great place to live." I would be surprised if ANYbody in Tyler does not know this and also how the insurance scams are run as well as looking the other way when purchasing license plates. If the will were there, it would be a no-brainer to stop all this B.S. and get on with some deserving and SERIOUS LAW ENFORCEMENT, instead of this 3rd world crap presently. If I thought the new jail would be filled rapidly and all uninsured cars would be confiscated at road blocks (hey, think of all the potential revenue raising possible here, ENFORCING the law can be even more profitable as just tinkering with it, small time style. I would be delighted, but it's not gonna happen, serious law enforcement (1938 style) requires judgment, courage and determination, instead of political correctness, multiculturalism, creative invoicing and contrived complexity (we're fixin' it or workin' on it). Daily I see mostly bluff, impudence and B.S. In 1938 ('38 was great) in Corpus Christi, TX, the traffic lights were set to go on blink mode after peak traffic hours. You see, in one fell swoop, this 2007 Tyler traffic B.S. never happened in 1938 in Corpus Christi. By the way, I called the City Traffic Engineer (Kirk Houser) & his assistant (Justin Smith), and could not get past the Secretary (she said they were "... workin' on it". And guys, don't give me any more yakety-yak about "workin' on it", any 5th grader can change/add 2-3 lines of code in the traffic sequencing program and this B.S. is history. Gary Hall (I despise the 21st Century).

HardJedi
11-13-07, 02:04 PM
i don't see what would be wrong with publishing that at all.

Although, to solve all this, we chould just give texas back to mexico. it wouldn't be THAT much of a loss;) :bunny:

crate78
11-13-07, 07:45 PM
Having once managed a newspaper myself, I suspect what they meant by "clear and clean" was you could have made your point with about 10% of the word count.

crate