PDA

View Full Version : Honey I'm Home!

Marine84
11-13-07, 01:43 PM
Hey ya'll! In case anybody has wondered.........................I went to bed last Monday (the 5th) and woke up around 1:30 or 2:00 in EXCRUCIATING pain right beneath my rib cage. I got up and drove myself to the ER and they ended up doing emergency surgery for a perferated ulcer - pretty much, my stomach split open. I have a new "battle scar" now right down the middle from just below my rib cage almost to my navel and I have been a miserable b!tch for the past week - they FINALLY let me go this morning. I'm home now and back online - can't go back to work for a few more weeks so I'll be here EVERYDAY!

I've missed talking to ALL of you and I'm sooooooooooooooo glad to be back. Hope all you Marines had a Happy 232nd Birthday and an AWESOME Veterans Day.

I'll be hollering at ya'll...................Semper Fi!

GUNNY MAX
11-13-07, 02:00 PM
Glad you're ok. Take it easy and heal quickly.

HardJedi
11-13-07, 02:06 PM
well, glad to hear you are fine, if and when something like that ever happens to me, I'm the kind of stubborn idiot that will proably just end dead. Last time I saw a doctor voluntarilt was my sep physical in 95!!

Ed Palmer
11-13-07, 02:09 PM
Wondered where you were
sorry if that EMail hurt

Big Jim
11-13-07, 02:09 PM
Well, I hope you are doing well now and I feel bad for you as my oldest had something similar happen to her. Sad...but shes doing wonderful now...bounced back like it never happened. You have my support.

davblay
11-13-07, 02:39 PM
Dang Kim, I thought it had been mighty quiet around here! I had one of those myself, when I was 23, doing fine now, eat all I want and whatever I want!
Hope you heal up fast, keep moving around, it helps, believe me it does.

Semper Fi, Sis!

Dave

thedrifter
11-13-07, 02:48 PM
Glad to have you back!

These Boys always need tohave someone watching their backs...;)

Ellie

LeonardLawrence
11-13-07, 05:44 PM
M-84,
Figures you of all people would have an emergency and drive yourself to the hospital!
:p
Sorry to hear your were having trouble and wicked cool on the new scar! You posting any pics?:nerd:

Welcome back...and there goes the quiet......:idea:

Ceya
11-13-07, 07:25 PM
Glad your OK.

S/F,
CEYA!

rsta
11-13-07, 07:37 PM
Gee, I missed ya! Thought it was awfully quiet around here.

Osotogary
11-13-07, 09:16 PM
I was just wondering, because I heard tell that doctor's, if they find out that you were enlisted, would space out the stitches to save costs versus using closer spaced stitching for officers. So, did they use only one stitch or one hundred?
You are worth one hundred. Good to have you back, Marine84.

yellowwing
11-13-07, 09:50 PM
Glad you are okay, Kim!

Sgt Leprechaun
11-13-07, 11:14 PM
Cripes! Glad you are ok. Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Typical Marine. Busted gut and drives SELF to hospital. :)

You are born again hard.

rvillac2
11-14-07, 02:12 AM
Kim!
Get well soon, sister. I was waiting for you to get on me for that Jody post! ha ha ha. Talk at you later.
R

killerinstinct
11-14-07, 01:10 PM
Hey ya'll! In case anybody has wondered.........................I went to bed last Monday (the 5th) and woke up around 1:30 or 2:00 in EXCRUCIATING pain right beneath my rib cage. I got up and drove myself to the ER and they ended up doing emergency surgery for a perferated ulcer - pretty much, my stomach split open. I have a new "battle scar" now right down the middle from just below my rib cage almost to my navel and I have been a miserable b!tch for the past week - they FINALLY let me go this morning. I'm home now and back online - can't go back to work for a few more weeks so I'll be here EVERYDAY!

I've missed talking to ALL of you and I'm sooooooooooooooo glad to be back. Hope all you Marines had a Happy 232nd Birthday and an AWESOME Veterans Day.

I'll be hollering at ya'll...................Semper Fi!

hope you are feeling better..........now wheres my dinner?

yellowwing
11-14-07, 01:14 PM
hope you are feeling better..........now wheres my dinner?
Yeah, welcome back! :banana:

DWG
11-14-07, 01:25 PM
Hope you're feeling better.
May I prescribe a couple (of dozen) shots of tequila and a handful of jalapenos?
:evilgrin:

Ever seen a Mexican with an ulcer? Hell no! :mad:
(they probably die before puberty[jalapeno milk]!)

Okay, okay, stick to the milk and bread; sheeshhh! what a woosie!

Seriously, get better soon; that's an order!

hopingalliswell
11-14-07, 01:30 PM
haha killer is FUNNY!

FistFu68
11-14-07, 01:56 PM
:usmc: GODBLESS YOU MARINE :usmc: :iwo:

Chumley
11-14-07, 05:19 PM
Marine84,

Glad to hear you're OK!
Did you celebrate at all ( the USMC B-Day) that is...?
I woke up, saw it was 11/10/07, brought my wife a cup of coffee in bed, and we sang Happy Birthday to the Marines together....( I swear to God we did ) she's almost as warped as I am....
You are hereby directed to heal quickly Marine!

SFi
C

sparkie
11-14-07, 06:10 PM
Drove yurself/ Wanted to show off those plates again? Did they take any cussidness outa ya? Didn't think so. Love ya girl, Get all better. [ What a way to git yerself banned!]

sgt tony
11-14-07, 06:49 PM
Get well Honey we need you around

Zulu 36
11-14-07, 06:55 PM
Get well quick! It's been too quiet around here without you.

Drove yourself, eh? Typical Jarhead. :beer:

OLE SARG
11-14-07, 07:45 PM
I concur with Zulu, it has been awfully quiet around here without you!!!!!!

You are hereby ordered to heal quickly!!!!!!!

God bless!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Phantom Blooper
11-14-07, 07:53 PM
Good luck to you! Hope you are feeling better! Don't laugh too hard and ruin your monitor or keyboard,because you don't want to bust a stitch or a gut! Get plenty of BED rest.....remember the key word is REST! As if you didn't already know....but this is where it all started,so just behave yourself and hope you don't have complications....because,pain...pain killers and driving don't mix.:beer:

bgsuwoody
11-15-07, 08:48 AM
Glad you are feeling better Kim, hope to see you around.

Marine84
11-15-07, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys but some of you are pretty weird wanting a pic of it - it looks pretty Frankenstein - ish to me. Like I said, I'm cut from right under my rib cage to my navel and there's only about 5 (maybe 6) spaced out staples - between those staples is open wound :scared: ...............yeah, that's the face I made too.

I'm lucky as hell though as far as work...............when I got to the ER i noticed that you have to walk up a hill from the parking lot to get to the door or you could take this little driveway where the ambulances go right to the door. I pulled up as close to that door as I could and got out, locked it and left it. Well, I got admitted and my car got towed. When I came to a couple of days later and thought to ask about it, I got one of the girls that I work with to find out for me. My boss had somebody go get my car and he paid to get it out. He's also not stopping my money while I'm gone. What a man! :)

Also, I came to the realization here a few weeks ago that it was time to have my faithful Max Man that I've had for 14 years put to rest. He was a German Shephard mix and his hips had finally started going so I knew it was time. I talked the girl that has a set of keys to my house to take care of that for me while I was in the hospital. I hated to let him go but, it was the best thing to do since he had gotten so bad off. I couldn't do it myself. Ya'll can't imagine how bad I miss that dog right now! It's been nobody but me and him for the last 14 years :cry: - he was, by far, THE most faithful male in my life and I miss him BAD. I'm going to have to get one of those little doggie marker memorial things and put in the yard somewhere in the Spring.

OK..................crying spell over - Lortab kicked in. Why ya'll laugh cause I drove myself to the ER? I get to go where I want then - I sure as hell never want to wake up in Grady Memorial, you know?

yellowwing
11-15-07, 07:50 PM
Shepherds are terrific dogs. One saved my life once when I was doing the door-to-door sales thing.

I walked up to his door and did not see the next door Doberman ambushing me to rip my throat out. The German Shepard bolted at the Doberman, and not me! I didn't even 'feel' the Doberman until the Shepard was knocking his ass over.

A Good Dog will always have your back. So sorry Kim.

Anyway, update...we are still getting some mileage from the Banana King! :D

Marine84
11-15-07, 07:54 PM
HAHAHAHA! Where is the King hiding tonight?

Phantom Blooper
11-15-07, 07:55 PM
Lortab makes you depressed....want to compare scars? When I had my hyster I mean my stomach /esophagus cancer operation in 2004 I thought the same thing,now I just view it as another scar of life. Thank your lucky stars your still living!

Sorry to hear about your shepard...hope you find some comfort in these words.

Rainbow Bridge
<TABLE cellPadding=10 width="70%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown... :beer:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LeonardLawrence
11-15-07, 10:57 PM
M-84,

Sorry for your loss.

As for wanting a pic..it was the most inappropriate thing I could think of at the moment. Hope you are healing well....

yellowwing
11-16-07, 02:33 AM
M-84,

Sorry for your loss.

As for wanting a pic..it was the most inappropriate thing I could think of at the moment. Hope you are healing well....
Can you send us a pic of what is NOT stapled shut? :banana: !

Marine84
11-16-07, 08:11 PM
Can you send us a pic of what is NOT stapled shut? :banana: !

LOL - doofus.

And Phantom - I love the Rainbow Bridge thing. I know I'll see him again some day.

Arlene Horton
11-17-07, 01:09 PM
Hope all goes well for you and your recovery. After my back surgery last year Lortab and I became good friends! It's sad to read about your pet. We lost 2 of ours in one year and really dashed to the Humane Society to get another one. So far he's the boss....takes my husband walking every morning..incidentally, he's a cat....

bigdog43701
11-17-07, 01:27 PM
kim,

glad everything came out good for you. get well and be talking to you.

Marine84
11-26-07, 07:15 PM
Update for ya'll...................went to see the surgeon this evening - everything healing fine and I can go back to work next Monday! WOOHOO! I've decided to get a new tattoo after a while to cover up the scar - gonna be a zipper - maybe with some sort of little demon coming through it.

sparkie
11-26-07, 07:17 PM
That tatoo sounds like your profile,;>