PDA

View Full Version : How do I bust this idiot?

Sean1046
11-12-07, 04:13 PM
I recently bought a new car. So I go down to my local recruiting office to pick up my mandatory Marine Corps sticker. While there I was assisted by a very friendly 'slick-sleeve' (E-1). This weekend, the weekend of the Marine Corps Birthday no less, I see the same Marine walking through the local mall. Only difference is he's apparently been promoted to 1st Lt! No fruit salad, just bars. Hell, he was still sporting the boot issued bravo shirts. Y'know, the paper thin ones! By the time I finished my double take he had already vanished. But I know what station he is posted at. While in uniform, I knew exactly what to do about this liar. But now...whats the best way to slap this idiot and make it hurt? :evilgrin:

jgorosco
11-12-07, 04:19 PM
I would let the station he is posted at know immediatly...Shouldn't have to ask a "what I should do" question on here. It's better to get the Sh*tBird out now then later after doing something even more stupid like getting other Marines killed. Just my opinion.

Jzaelke
11-12-07, 04:19 PM
Now, I dont know too much seeing as im still a boot but if you got his name and called camp geiger, He will have a hell of a greeting when he reports for mct/soi. That is, assuming he is on boot leave

Zulu 36
11-12-07, 04:27 PM
Just call the main RSS he's assigned to and let the SgtMaj know. I'm sure he'll know just what to do. :evilgrin:

No sense calling SOI if the guy is still local. Let the recruiter bosses deal with him. Much mo' better, me thinks.

thewookie
11-12-07, 04:57 PM
Seriously back when I was in, if I saw this guy and I knew he was a PFC or if he was posing with ribbons or something like that,,,I would run after him and find him. I'd do a hasty search of the area and when I found him I'd kick the living sh*t out of him. You can run but you can't hide, poser. Then I'd bring him to the nearest base duty NCO.

And,,as far as what you should do now,,I don't know,, these guys had some good idea's:mad:

LeonardLawrence
11-12-07, 05:06 PM
We had the same thing happen in an airport on our way to school somwhere or another. We spotted a Marine who was wearing a Silver Star or some nonsense with his pants bloused into his boots like he was freaking airborne and some jump wings.

A Marine friend (is there another kind?) and I followed him (we were in civvies) for a short distance and when he ducked into the bathroom away from his mom and g/friend we followed.

Let's say I think you can address these things civilly and authoritatively without fighting. I know that Pvt will never make the same mistake...and we were only Lance Coolies at the time. It doesn't take rank to do the right thing and I don't think it always needs a SNCO to resolve...

thewookie
11-12-07, 05:28 PM
We had the same thing happen in an airport on our way to school somwhere or another. We spotted a Marine who was wearing a Silver Star or some nonsense with his pants bloused into his boots like he was freaking airborne and some jump wings.

A Marine friend (is there another kind?) and I followed him (we were in civvies) for a short distance and when he ducked into the bathroom away from his mom and g/friend we followed.

Let's say I think you can address these things civilly and authoritatively without fighting. I know that Pvt will never make the same mistake...and we were only Lance Coolies at the time. It doesn't take rank to do the right thing and I don't think it always needs a SNCO to resolve...

I agree a little, and maybe I don't (especially today) beat the living sh*t out of him but he's getting some if I catch him. He obviously ran, or perhaps ran and hid when he was exposed. So he's not only guilty of posing, but also unlawful flea-ing (cause he's a little flea bag) and so you have to send a message sometimes,,,

GySgtRet
11-12-07, 06:12 PM
I hope that you do. Take him by it and start. Don't let up and take him in. Oh you can try and correct this t*rd, but let the command deal with him. In these days of PC you may end up in the brig yourself so I withdraw the stack and swivle method.

Semper Fi

killerinstinct
11-12-07, 11:32 PM
well the thing is this...... its a felony to impersonate any commisioned officer..FE-LO-NY.....

although impersonating an NCO is bad but there are laws even civilians are subjected to for impersonating an officer..

LeonardLawrence
11-13-07, 12:59 PM
well the thing is this...... its a felony to impersonate any commisioned officer..FE-LO-NY.....

although impersonating an NCO is bad but there are laws even civilians are subjected to for impersonating an officer..

Then you also have the right to a Citizen's arrest based on that in most states. Detain and let the police, MPs deal with him.

As much as you may like, I don't think breaking out the heavy armour (and fists) is the way to go. Just get yourself jammed up.

David Jameson
11-13-07, 01:34 PM
He is working at the recruiting station you got decal at ? Go down there and IF he"s still there tell the OIC. This guy went threw boot camp and still thinks he's playing army in his back yard OR he has a real serious mental health problem and he's real sharp knife ta-boot.