PDA

View Full Version : Marine in need of Prayer

Challenger72
11-11-07, 01:40 PM
The following was posted by a Marine Mom on another site, I figured the more praying the better. This was posted November 9th
Lori is the mom and Lcpl Brenden is her Marine in need of prayer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just got a chance to get online. My son has been medivaced from Balboa to a local hospital here in S Diego that specializes in cardiac care and transplants. He seems to have some kind of viral infection that has severly damaged his heart. He is now on breathing support and is having a machine pump his heart for him. If he does not improve he will have to have a transplant. This came on so suddenly that we are all still reeling. Doctors suggested to call in any immediate family. Please pray this does not look good. I don't know if I will be able to get online again but I know I can count on my marine family for prayer. Thank you.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06
1st Anglico Camp Pendleton

VPM LCpl Evan
MOS 0623
2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

Buckeye
11-11-07, 01:48 PM
:angel: May God be with you during this time....My prayers are with you....:angel:

yellowwing
11-11-07, 02:01 PM
Our Father, touch Brandon and all those that woud heal him. Sharpen their mind and open their heart to save our Son.

He done good and kept your Commandments as best as he could.

BOOGIEMAN44
11-11-07, 02:56 PM
INCOMMING, May The Lord Touch This Marine And Bring Him Through...amen

Challenger72
11-11-07, 03:35 PM
Here is a up date as of 11/10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for your prayers this marine family is a blessing. Joyce and Curtis, you will never know how you touched my family with your kindness....thank you.

So, we learned that Branden will definately need a new heart. So early next week he will have open heart surgery to implant a LVAD (left ventricle assist device). He will then get prepared and go on the transplant list. No telling when a heart will become available. And he cannot come home until he has his new heart, he will have to stay close to the transplant hospital, so we will be doing alot of traveling back and forth. My daughter-in-law is hanging in there pretty good. This is an incredible obstacle for a married couple of 6 months to go through.

Branden's CO's have been here every day visiting and offering any assistance we need, they are amazing. Marine's do take care of their own.

Thank you again, and if I cannot keep you updated here, Joyce will be able to as I will call her with updates. May God bless you all.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
MOS 0623
2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

yellowwing
11-11-07, 05:38 PM
Can you give us a mailing address for Branden?

jahhead88
11-11-07, 07:09 PM
Prayers outbound at this time, approximate eta 1 minute.

jrhd97
11-12-07, 03:35 PM
Forwarded to the pastoral staff at my church

mynameispawpaw
11-12-07, 04:02 PM
Forwarded for prayer requests. This Marine is in our prayers

Challenger72
11-12-07, 09:44 PM
Here is a update as of noon today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I continue to stand in awe of Gods power here. I sit here reading your posts just overwhelmed with emotion. Joyce is sitting next to me, her and Curtis have been angels sent from heaven. I am so blessed. God is working here.
We are all in the waiting area. Branden is in surgery, he is having the LVAD put in and possibly a second pump for the right side. We will know this much later this afternoon. The surgery could take up to 24 hours depending on how he does.

Thank you so soo sooo much for your continued prayer. Joyce is much better at keeping everyone updated. I tend to be a little scatternbrained right now.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
MOS 0623
2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC
--------------------------------------------------------------------

and here is a email I recieved this evening from Joyce O

Oh my gosh what a day! We just got home from the hospital. God answered alot of prayers, Branden only had to have one LVAD put in, they thought at noon that there would have to be another because the right side of the heart was not picking up. He got out of surgery and into recovery right before we left. The Doctor came down, said they would probably have to leave him on the venitlator a few days, his liver and kidneys were affected, but hopefully everything will return to normal with the heart pumping as it should. He'll be in intensive care for a few days. And then probably in the hospital for a few weeks.

Thank You all for your prayers.
I have asked the family for permision to post LCpl Branden's full name and a mailing address but have not got a response, so I will honor Lori's first request and ask for prayers only

Challenger72
11-12-07, 09:53 PM
Not sure if I can post this, but here is a link to the other web site over 170 responses and 2500 reads. The support of Marines and their family's is amazing.
http://www.usmcparents.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=64954

recon532002
11-12-07, 10:24 PM
God loves his Marines and will take care of them. My prayer is on the way
RECON

Momof2Marines
11-13-07, 04:49 PM
The Power of Prayer is strong. I will keep Lcpl Branden and his family in my prayers.

Cyndy PMM Randy and Jerry

ggyoung
11-13-07, 05:07 PM
Prayer is on the way from Utah.

BigPhil
11-13-07, 05:37 PM
Prayer's outbound.

Big Jim
11-13-07, 05:42 PM
You have all my prayers and support!!!!!

Challenger72
11-14-07, 08:43 AM
From Lori

Branden in still on a respirator and unconsous but all vitals are good. His wife keeps me updated regularly and the hospital is amazing whenever I have called. Being away for 2 days seems like forever but it is amazing to see Gods hand at work in all of this, not just with Branden but with anyone in contact with him. Lives are being changed by this....amen.
We are hoping to have him off the respirator by Thursday, then he can wake up and I can see those amazing green eyes again. It's amazing what becomes important at a time like this.

A week ago, I was the mother a 20 year old, picture of perfect health Marine. Today I am the mother of a 20 year old, in the fight of his life, Marine. I keep telling God I am learning what he needs me to learn, i just hope my lesson is complete. MY PRAYER FOR EVERY PARENT: DO NOT EVER TAKE A MOMENT FOR GRANTED. IN THE BIG PICTURE LITTLE MATTERS EXCEPT GODS LOVE FOR US, OUR LOVE FOR HIM AND OUR LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER. Life can change literally in an instant. I always thought it happened to other people. Guess what, we're all other people.

As he lays unconcious, I ask myself if I told him I loved him enough before he couldn't hear me, does he know that he owns half of my heart? Will he ever know that I asked God to let me take his place? Unfortunately, God does not play "let's make a deal" so we continue down this path. I know this is in His hands and I know that good will come of it, I have already seen it in the tremendous responses here form all of you. Joyce and Curtis....I cry just thinking of your loving, selfless way. Janet from Soldiers Angels, she cannot imagine how she touched us. I came home to find teenagers doing recycling drives for us. How did I get here? I do not know, however, I am glad I am here with all of you and the tremendous amount of supporters here locally.

Dear Lord, thank you for these people and their giving hearts. Please continue to bless them and let them know your work is being done through them. Thank you for the opportunity to see your presence in every aspect of this situation. May we all become a greater, stronger person in Christ for this. In your sons name....Amen.

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
MOS 0623
2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You all I know that Lori is reading these posts and in time will thank you all personaly

For card and letters please use the following address. As Branden progress thru recovery and rehab MarineParents will keep his address current so you don't have to.

Address cards and letters to:
LCpl Branden 1st Anglico
c/o MarineParents.com
OperationPAL
P.O. Box 18036
Jacksonville, FL 32229

Thank You

jahhead88
11-14-07, 07:30 PM
Boys does that hit close to home. It brings back memories of what my boys went through. Continued prayers outbound.

Jahhead88

LeonardLawrence
11-15-07, 01:39 AM
Incoming!

mike7woodson
11-15-07, 01:45 AM
Godspeed to full recovery and support for all of you.

Big Jim
11-15-07, 02:38 AM
Puts everything into perspective and makes everything else seem petty because this...is what matters...more prayers and support sent your way!

Echo_Four_Bravo
11-15-07, 11:50 AM
Prayers out.

And, that is the first reference I've ever seen to 0623- which is one of two jobs that my old MOS became- and since it is from Cherry Point, that is even my old unit. So, prayers sent out for him too.

Challenger72
11-18-07, 06:48 PM
Up date as of today
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I know Lori is very busy with a special Marine we all know and love (Branden!). He came off the respirator this morning! WooHoo! Doing the happy dance! I cried tears of joy! And the first word out of his mouth?

♥ MOM ♥

Thank you Lord for answering our prayers! Blessed is your name. Thank you for all the blessings you have bestowed upon this family. Please continue to keep this family wrapped in the comfort of your arms, give them all extra strength so that they may help each other in the months to come. Be with the family as they travel back and forth, keep them safe Lord, they have touched many lives through you. In Jesus name, Amen.

Hugs
Joyce
Joyce and Curtis - Proud Parents of
♥ LCpl Michael♥
Marine as of 11-08-2006 MCT Graduate as of 12-12-06
MOS Cryptological Linguistics
----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You

yellowwing
11-18-07, 06:54 PM
Terrific news!

devilhund1
11-18-07, 07:35 PM
My prayers and those of my family are with you and your family. Semper Fidelis to your Son and God Bless.

Challenger72
11-20-07, 10:27 PM
Up date as of 11/20
part of a post from Joyce. Just a FYI Lori is the mom and Lindsey is the wife.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Lori and Lindsey had just taken a class so that they could wheel Branden downstairs to/for Thanksgiving dinner! WooHoo! He's out of intensive care, they are expecting him to be in the hospital for around a month. So many things to be thankful for! .................................................. ..
Keep up the prayers, they are working!

Hugs
Joyce
♥ LCpl Michael♥
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU

Challenger72

Challenger72
11-23-07, 08:49 PM
Up date as of 11/23/2007

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello family, I cannot believe this journey started just 3 weeks ago and God has provided so much in such a short time. Branden is out of ICU and doing well. He is trying to adjust to the extreme change in his body and lifestyle. I'm sure there will good days and bad. His dad and I got to walk him around the nurses station today! Wore him out but he did it on his own with a walker.

Everything everyone is saying about soldiers angels is true, what an honor to know these women. Last night 2 of the 1st anglico marines stayed with me and expressed how touched they were as "just his friends" to be supported. As they said "we would have gotten through this as a family without them, but we would all be broke and hungry and not have made friends with these ladies". I do love my marines!!

I want to thank every one of you for your emails, prayers, letters and posts of support. I'm sorry I have not responded to emails, I get to a computer so seldom right now. I do appreciate everyone of you and thank God for guiding me to this site.

Joyce and Curtis, it is because of you that we have had all this help and support. I'm sure I don't know the half of all you have done for us. The flights for our family, meals, soldiers angels, Thanksgiving dinner and list list goes on and on and on. THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US!!

Jakedog, what a pleasure meeting you and your son. Thank you and I hope you two had a great weekend together.
We continue to pray for God to heal Brandens heart. Time will tell.

Love you all.
Lori

VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06

VPM LCpl Evan
MOS 0623
2nd MAW Cherry Point, NC

Marine84
11-24-07, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the updates Challenger - glad to hear he's doing OK...........considering. Prayers and cards on the way.

Challenger72
12-04-07, 09:16 PM
here is a update from 12/1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you all for continued prayer and the cards...some real warriors at this site!!! Branden is walking with a cane now...up to 4 laps around the nurses station!! They are shooting for tuesday to send him home...he's a little nervous about that but he'll have home health nurses and physical therapists to assist him. Then we wait for about 2-3 months to see if the heart heals. He is just doing so great. Gods hand has just been present in all of this. Thank you again and please pray for that heart of his to heal!!!!
Love you all so much.

Lori
VP Mom to LCpl Branden
MCRD 11/8/06
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You all, the power of prayer is amazing

Challenger72
12-04-07, 09:28 PM
And now the best news the following are parts of several different posts from today 12/04 posted by Joyce
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Branden's going home today!

.................................................. ..................................
Branden's unit moved them out of their house over to the new one (they needed more space for all the medical equipment), cleaned the old place and set up a Christmas tree for them! How cool is that? Way to go Marines!

.................................................. ............................................

I just spoke with Lindsey's mom, Sally, about a half an hour ago, they are on their way to their new home, just leaving the hospital. About an hour drive for them, keep them in your prayers tonight.

Hugs
Joyce

♥ LCpl Michael♥
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU!!!
Challenger72

Momof2Marines
12-05-07, 11:42 AM
That is awsome news, what a wonderful gift at Christmas time. Continued prayers for Branden. Keep the faith.

Cyndy PMM Randy and Jerry:flag: