PDA

View Full Version : Rapping Marine

thedrifter
04-05-03, 02:29 PM
Light-hearted video brought smiles to viewers in a difficult time

Lance Corporal Alex Rivera entertained Iraqi children with a rap dance from atop his tank in the Iraqi desert in Nasiriyah. The Long Branch, N.J. native spoke to MSNBC host John Seigenthaler.

JOHN SEIGENTHALER, MSNBC HOST: Your performance spoke to people in an international language. Have you ever done this — singing dancing, performing — with kids back home?
LANCE CORPORAL ALEX RIVERA: Yes, I’ve done this with kids before back home.

SEIGENTHALER: How did this little scene happen?
RIVERA: I was just passing out food and candy, and after awhile, I got bored sitting there for two hours and felt like livening things up. So I got crazy and started singing.

SEIGENTHALER: What are your observations about kids and this war? How are they coping?
RIVERA: They looks sad, asking for food and stuff. They looked down. I thought I would bring little hope, and brighten up their day, and give them something else to think about.

SEIGENTHALER: It seems like you have a bit of a performer in you.
RIVERA: I guess I got it from my dad, I just picked up what he had.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/895501.asp?0cl=cR

Sempers,

Roger

greybeard
04-05-03, 03:49 PM
I've seen this. It was a hoot!! But now I can't get that audio out of my mind.

Sophora
04-05-03, 04:46 PM
Seeing this video reminds me of the Marines who stopped by and gave cheer to us BRaTs
while our dad's were fighting during Nam. Marines are hard core Devil Dogs but us kids always knew you all were Teddy Bears in Heart.

God love you and Bless all in harms way.