PDA

View Full Version : Marine spouse in need of assistance

navygirlwmarine
11-09-07, 06:40 PM
I am asking if anyone can provide assistance to a fellow marine's family when it pertains to residual benefits. My husband was an E-6 at TBS in Quantico, where he was arrested and court-martialed in...

SlingerDun
11-09-07, 06:45 PM
what a surprise. what was he convicted for.

SgtJimc
11-09-07, 06:47 PM
I am sorry about your situation, and this is what I would do. I live in Maine as well, and there are alot of resources here for veterans. Call (207) 623-8411 and ask for Veteran's Services. Tell...

navygirlwmarine
11-09-07, 06:50 PM
I'd rather not say what exactly he perpetrated other than it was a crime against our own family.

Big Jim
11-09-07, 06:51 PM
Ican't inform you 100% but I know who might...in the county of the state you now reside, get hold of the Veterans' representative and ask every question you have pertaining to this subject. You see,...

navygirlwmarine
11-09-07, 06:55 PM
I wish I knew someone who worked in legal or inside the office, so I could browse the dod regs and take the time, however long it took to find it. I know this benefit is still out there for me to obtain.I just need this info.

SgtJimc
11-09-07, 07:00 PM
I wish I knew someone who worked in legal or inside the office, so I could browse the dod regs and take the time, however long it took to find it. I know this benefit is still out there for me to obtain.I just need this info.

Didn't you say you were prior service? You have your own benefits you are entitled to as well. You might want to contact DAV, or The American Legion, or the VFW for possible representation. One of their National Service Reps might be able to help. Good luck and hang in there.

navygirlwmarine
11-09-07, 07:11 PM
I do still maintain benefits, mainly educational and my VA loan. I am currently using my GI Bill and going to college as a 3/4 student. I didn't realize I could use those other agencies to aid in my situation.