PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards- Wounded Warriors

Phantom Blooper
11-09-07, 03:52 PM
I am seeing a lot of emails telling people that when they write their Christmas cards this year to send one to "Recovering Servicemen"c/o one of the military hospitals... DON'T DO IT!!! Here is the correct scoop do get this done.

Subject: Correction on sending cards to recovering Soldiers, Sailors & Marines

Correction to sending holiday cards to recovering Soldiers, Sailors and Marines. Please note and send on to your email listings. I have verified this with the Red Cross and Walter Reed.

A Recovering American Soldier

I'm sure many of you will be writing cards to friends and family soon. If you can, please send an extra one (or 10, or 20) to our American military heroes who are recuperating from wounds this Christmas season. Please enclose a short note thanking them for their service and personal sacrifice. They are the protectors of our freedom, and we must let them know how much they are appreciated.

You must have a definite point of contact so be sure you address your cards as indicated below. If more than one card is sent, enclose them in an 8x10 brown manila envelope addressed to the American Red Cross.

Individual cards will be returned to the sender or if enough has accumulated could be thrown out. These individual cards will be distributed to the wards by the Red Cross. Remember, no cards will be accepted by the mail rooms if they are addressed to "A Recovering Amereican Soldier, Any soldier', 'Any Sailor' or 'Any Marine.' You must have a specific name addressed on the card.

The address for this is:

American Red Cross
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

also

American Red Cross
c/o Bethesda Naval Hospital
8901 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20814

Please pass this information on to others that would be willing to send cards.

Source: American Red Cross at Walter Reed Army Hospital and Bethesda Naval Hospital

Questions: Call Red Cross at (202) 782-6362

HELP US SPREAD THE WORD ALL ACROSS THIS GREAT NATION!!!

100,000 Christmas, Hanukkah, Holiday Cards for Our Troops!!
The time has come to get out our pens and address books and start writing all our Christmas, Hanukkah or "cheers for the holidays" cards for our troops!

Move America Forward is collecting 100,000 cards or letters to a special soldier and delivering them straight to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan who are so very far from home this season! Let them know they are in our thoughts and prayers as they so valiantly defend our freedom! Let's show them we haven't forgotten them and help make this a very merry time for them as they read the cards from a grateful nation!
This effort is part of Move America Forward's giant "Honoring Heroes at the Holidays Tour!" Besides collecting 100,000+ Christmas, Hanukkah and holiday cards to take to the fine men and women serving our nation so far from home, we will also be crossing the nation for a pro-troop holiday tour - complete with 41 pro-troop rallies and holiday events. Make it a family affair this year and have the entire family come to one of these holiday pro-troop events… help write some notes, a letter or even the kids drawings to include in a special card to our Troops! They deserve the very best and we can give our wishes to them by taking the time to remember them now!

Notify your family and friends that we're coming to town! Let your communities and schools, churches and clubs, businesses and everyone else you can think of and let them know to make a project of card making or writing and bring them to our rally with your flags and signs of good cheer for the Troops, when we arrive! if you're not in one of the 41 cities we will be coming to, you may send them to us and we will put them in our big red mail bag to take across the North Pole to some very special Troops! We will bring back to you photos of them "opening" their holiday treasures from home! HO, HO, HO! On Friday December 14th we conduct a special holiday tribute concert for our troops - "A Song for Their Service" at the historic Lincoln Theater in Washington, D.C. This magical event which will feature a collection of singers and bands performing a mix of holiday and patriotic songs. Special guests will be our wounded warriors from Walter Reed Medical Center and Bethesda Naval Hospital. Tickets will be available for the general public to obtain in the coming days.

Visit our website at www.MoveAmericaForward.org (http://www.moveamericaforward.org/) to see our Tour itinerary to see when we'll be in your area - or close by, otherwise, please send your cards and letters to our office headquarters:
Move America Forward
770 L Street - Suite #1400
Sacramento, CA 95814
Now remember to bring "Old Glory" and your holiday "good cheer" signs and rally with us for the Troops this holiday season! All God 's many Blessing for you and yours, and if you can help make a soldiers family a little brighter this holiday, please do! They are very special, too!

God Bless America and Our Troops (and their families!)
Mary Pearson
Deputy Executive Director, Move America Forward
http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org (http://www.moveamericaforward.org/)

armstras06
11-07-12, 07:41 PM
Is Bethasda still open, I know Walter Reed closed? I haven't found anything on it but I want to make sure.

Rocky C
11-08-12, 07:32 AM
This thread is 5 years old...

McT ontheRock71
11-13-12, 08:13 AM
Is Bethasda still open, I know Walter Reed closed? I haven't found anything on it but I want to make sure.

If you have a desire to get involved with the Wounded Warrior Project at any level, you can get in touch with your County's Veterans Office for information on the nearest chapter or affiliate. :thumbup: