PDA

View Full Version : Impersonating a Marine !!

bbstkr
11-07-07, 08:09 PM
Who or where do we report someone impersonating something they are not?

a recent boot camp graduate I know was photographed wearing corporal stripes, medals, ribbons, ect. while on leave from boot camp!

this is a disgrace to our corps!

I need to report him to someone, he is passing himself of as a hero and and this kid is nothing but a fake!

Help!:mad: :mad: :mad:

yellowwing
11-07-07, 08:25 PM
Don't exactly know right off hand. Who has the photograph now?

bbstkr
11-07-07, 08:33 PM
I have three of them and he posted them in his facebook webpage.

semperfi170
11-07-07, 09:06 PM
Try finding out what unit he belongs to, then write to his unit 1st SGT or SGTMAJ and send links to the webpage. Also, make some hard copies to include with the letter. Make sure you include when...

Isrowei
11-07-07, 09:11 PM
Agree. Best way is to basically write the charge sheet and forward with hard evidence.

killerinstinct
11-07-07, 09:13 PM
ya thats big no no is he AD? and also you can find out more from his last name and first name.. theres other ways to look people up using 3270 depending on what kind of access people have.

bbstkr
11-07-07, 09:28 PM
The problem is that this poor excuse for a marine is on leave from boot camp and I have no idea where his next command is.....I do know that his MOS is band.... and he is in AD, so probably find where his A school is at and write them a letter.

thewookie
11-07-07, 09:32 PM
You could walk up to him while he's out bee-bopping around town like Cpl Klink and introduce yourself as a concerned Marine Sgt., and then punch him in the face:mad:

Isrowei
11-07-07, 09:33 PM
The problem is that this poor excuse for a marine is on leave from boot camp and I have no idea where his next command is.....I do know that his MOS is band.... and he is in AD, so probably find where his A school is at and write them a letter.

If he's on boot leave... his next command is SOI. East or West... you can look up the command on the web from USMC.mil.

thewookie
11-07-07, 09:40 PM
It would be nice if you could send a letter to SOI and then if they find him, boy what fun they would have with him. It might be worth it to let him slide, get some good pics, he'll probably be out on Veterans Day pimping like he won the war. Figures, the guy joins the band and then he pulls that crap,,,I'll fix him I'd send his azz to MCT and then SOI, and make him be a grunt. After a good beat down, he can play his trumpet humping a pack.

bbstkr
11-07-07, 09:41 PM
You could walk up to him while he's out bee-bopping around town like Cpl Klink and introduce yourself as a concerned Marine Sgt., and then punch him in the face:mad:

I would love nothing more!!

too bad he is in wiscosin and I'm in CA, otherwise the problem would of been rectified right there and then.

What a disgrace to our real heroes, the war veterans who really earned all those medals with their sweat and blood.:devious:

bbstkr
11-07-07, 09:49 PM
If he's on boot leave... his next command is SOI. East or West... you can look up the command on the web from USMC.mil.

I assume he is going to camp pendleton, since he went to SD for RT and he is from Wiscosin.

Thank you!

Camper51
11-07-07, 10:12 PM

Try e-mailing/notifying the SMMC (Sgt Major of the Marine Corps) at HQMC. If HQMC cant find him then no one can...

Actually you could turn the evidence in to YOUR command and let them follow through on finding him...

bbstkr
11-07-07, 10:24 PM
Try e-mailing/notifying the SMMC (Sgt Major of the Marine Corps) at HQMC. If HQMC cant find him then no one can...

Actually you could turn the evidence in to YOUR command and let them follow through on finding him...

Sadly, I became inactive in my beloved Corps in 1992, otherwise I track him down myself!

SkilletsUSMC
11-07-07, 10:28 PM
Break Break,

Send me his name and Ill find him RIGHT NOW on Marine-on-line. I can find quite a bit o' info on there, including his rank and next command phone #

SlingerDun
11-07-07, 10:44 PM
poor dumb bastard, hehehehe wether its stripes and ribbons or cowboy hats and boots posers just dont get it, they cant expect people to be as stupid as they are!

bbstkr
11-07-07, 10:46 PM

here is our knucklehead!

graduated from boot camp on 10/07 !!!!:mad: :mad:

greensideout
11-07-07, 10:58 PM
So where is the face cowboy?

LeonardLawrence
11-07-07, 11:02 PM
What...he graduated in October and he has been on Sea Service Deployment already.....nice....:scared: :devious: Not to mention any of the other fruit salad.....

greensideout
11-07-07, 11:04 PM
If you think about it, LCP out of boot for signing up your buds is common. CPL may be out there for them if they get their brother-in -law to join too. ;)

CHOPPER7199
11-07-07, 11:08 PM
Question on this 1. Is he a transfer from another branch of service? Went thru boot with 1 who was a buck sgt. on graduation , he came over from the Army, had more chit than the d.i. had, unless he is real young and playing a roll, he could be for real. Have to see the age on him.

SkilletsUSMC
11-07-07, 11:14 PM
**** that!

Hes wearing medals on his alphas, AND he has a hash mark!

The kid checks out though AS A PFC

<TABLE width="90%"><TBODY><TR><TH align=right width="30%">Rank:</TH><TD width="80%">Private First Class (PFC)</TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>Service:</TH><TD bgColor=#e7e7e7>Marine Corps</TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>Component:</TH><TD>Active</TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>MOS:</TH><TD bgColor=#e7e7e7>0000</TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>Billet Desc:</TH><TD></TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>Work Phone:</TH><TD bgColor=#e7e7e7></TD></TR><TR><TH align=right>E-Mail:</TH></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

bbstkr
11-07-07, 11:18 PM
Question on this 1. Is he a transfer from another branch of service? Went thru boot with 1 who was a buck sgt. on graduation , he came over from the Army, had more chit than the d.i. had, unless he is real young and playing a roll, he could be for real. Have to see the age on him.

he graduated from high school this past summer and was born in 1988, this fake is not a transfer from anything!

CHOPPER7199
11-07-07, 11:21 PM
oh well, I gave the benefit of the doubt, but if hes bad, then all hell will break loose. He may as well forget any band thing and think on grunt if not kicked out.

SkilletsUSMC
11-07-07, 11:24 PM
Well bbstkr has given me some info, and I will probably call SOI tommorow. Before I do, is there ANY Marine out there that feels that it is not worth going the extra mile to rake his ass over the coals?

CHOPPER7199
11-07-07, 11:35 PM
Better now than later.

SlingerDun
11-07-07, 11:43 PM
Before I do, is there ANY Marine out there that feels that it is not worth going the extra mile to rake his ass over the coals?Light that dink up

Big Jim
11-08-07, 12:04 AM
Someone Really Does Need To Find Him And Send That Charge Sheet!! Guys Like Him Don't Deserve To Wear The Uniform While On Leave!!

Achped
11-08-07, 12:30 AM
I thought this was about me for a sec....whew....

hrscowboy
11-08-07, 01:22 AM
WTF Somebody needs an arse whippin and I mean real dang quick.. Where is this SOB ??

thewookie
11-08-07, 06:25 AM
Ditto. <br />
<br />
I have NO tolerance, zero, for phonies <br />
<br />
Let his soon to be new Sgt. Major at MCT or SOI take care of his azz. <br />
<br />
Can you imagine the stories he's telling, heck he probably got laid,...

bootlace15
11-08-07, 07:18 AM
calm down,he's young and full of pizz and vinagar,send him to Recon. They will kick his azz,and maybe fire him..At least he made it through boot. Trying to impress his people...............Looks like he will be a private again.

bootlace15 out

If he was a gunny trying to say he was a Sgt Mjr that would be different....

thewookie
11-08-07, 07:30 AM
you're kidding, right?

killerinstinct
11-08-07, 07:39 AM
oh hell have a fun time at soi cant wait to see what his NCO's think of him being an NCO

HAHAHA

Skillets dont let us down man.

SkilletsUSMC
11-08-07, 07:51 AM
Roger.

All Im waiting on is the hard info from the original poster. I need the straight scoop if Im gonna call some SgtMajor.

bbstkr,

Is this kid doing any kind of recruiters assistance? He shows up online with out a CoC. Either way, Ill get to the bottom of it.

jinelson
11-08-07, 07:56 AM
Get some bro!

Jim

thewookie
11-08-07, 08:31 AM
Roger.

All Im waiting on is the hard info from the original poster. I need the straight scoop if Im gonna call some SgtMajor.

bbstkr,

Is this kid doing any kind of recruiters assistance? He shows up online with out a CoC. Either way, Ill get to the bottom of it.

Skillets, I'd make sure this is what it is, get some good evidence and then talk to the Sgt. Major. You have to. I'm not saying I'd write this kid up, a beating yes but I'd like too see his response when faced with it. Does he cave in and start balling, or does he get loud and disrespectful. Either way I think someone should be speaking to him real soon.

You wanna tell your girl in bed that you went somewhere or did something you didn't, between the two of you, well, you're a sally wus but if I don't know about it, and it doesn't hurt anyone, whatever. But to go out with Cpl chevrons on, boo-kew ribbons and medals on, a shooting badge that he probably didn't earn, and with a hash mark? If that is the case then,,,

I'll let his Sgt. Major decide how best to punish him, but he should pay.

bbstkr
11-08-07, 08:46 AM
Roger.

bbstkr,

Your mailbox is full and wont accept anymore private emails, clear some space and you will have some more info that I sent you

mynameispawpaw
11-08-07, 09:10 AM
WTF?? It took me 4 years to earn my second stripe!!! And I only had my 3 ribbons, but I was proud!! Someone surely needs to do something soon. If you didn't earn it, you don't rate it! When I was on boot leave, my recruiter invited me to a poolee meeting for a Saturday morning run. He wanted me to sing some cadence for the poolee's. This poolee shows up in cammies, wearing Seargent chevrons, I pulled them off his collar and gave them to the recruiter. I made the offender push the ground away from him till we started the run.

zx6rdr
11-08-07, 11:11 AM
This guy needs to be nailed to the wall!!!!

I know that I have been out for a while but I never saw or heard of Medals being worn on Alphas....

Am I wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!?

bowers72
11-08-07, 01:11 PM
The original poster said this person is in Wisconsin. I am currently a Sheriff's Department Detective in Wisconsin. If we have a better location and it is close to me or I know someone in the area I can check up on him.

Wyoming
11-08-07, 05:32 PM
The original poster said this person is in Wisconsin. I am currently a Sheriff's Department Detective in Wisconsin. If we have a better location and it is close to me or I know someone in the area I can check up on him.

Ruh Roh!!

SkilletsUSMC
11-08-07, 05:58 PM
Your mailbox is full and wont accept anymore private emails, clear some space and you will have some more info that I sent you

Sent it!

SkilletsUSMC
11-08-07, 06:02 PM
Skillets, I'd make sure this is what it is, get some good evidence and then talk to the Sgt. Major. You have to. I'm not saying I'd write this kid up, a beating yes but I'd like too see his response when faced with it. Does he cave in and start balling, or does he get loud and disrespectful. Either way I think someone should be speaking to him real soon.

You wanna tell your girl in bed that you went somewhere or did something you didn't, between the two of you, well, you're a sally wus but if I don't know about it, and it doesn't hurt anyone, whatever. But to go out with Cpl chevrons on, boo-kew ribbons and medals on, a shooting badge that he probably didn't earn, and with a hash mark? If that is the case then,,,

I'll let his Sgt. Major decide how best to punish him, but he should pay.

I hear you Wookie.

My plan is to call the Admin Marines at SOI and ask where and who this kid is with. First Ill call the duty NCO and speak with him, and Im sure Ill get PLENTY starting with him. Ill get some links with the photos,and a basic story, and Im sure he will hear about it. I dont want to call the SgtMajor first.

This should be good.

Zulu 36
11-08-07, 07:50 PM
Dead man walking. Nail him, Skillets.

LCPLE3
11-09-07, 09:16 AM
Who or where do we report someone impersonating something they are not?

a recent boot camp graduate I know was photographed wearing corporal stripes, medals, ribbons, ect. while on leave from boot camp!

this is a disgrace to our corps!

I need to report him to someone, he is passing himself of as a hero and and this kid is nothing but a fake!

Help!:mad: :mad: :mad:

On another forum this question was brought up. Make sure your right before you accuse a fellow Marine. Seems that there are some that do come out of bootcamp as a corporal. Rare but does happen. MOS could be a factor and maybe prior service? Had a Marine graduate Lcpl from my platoon back in 1975.

PatriotGirl422
11-09-07, 10:02 AM
On another forum this question was brought up. Make sure your right before you accuse a fellow Marine. Seems that there are some that do come out of bootcamp as a corporal. Rare but does happen. MOS could be a factor and maybe prior service? Had a Marine graduate Lcpl from my platoon back in 1975.

You can not gradate boot camp as a Cpl. unless MAYBE you were prior service, but I still don't even think you could get Cpl. from that (only PFC). Plus, it was stated that this guy was born in 1988 (making him 19 at most). In this case, it is impossible for him to rate that service stripe he's wearing (unless, of course, he joined when he was 14 or 15).

SgtJimc
11-09-07, 11:45 AM

Good Point! I went to Bootcamp with quite a few prior service Army and 1 Sailor. When I saw a couple of these guys after bootcamp (CamPen), they each had 2 rows of ribbons. I am just saying that could be the case, so be careful before you Jack this kid up! Semper Fi!

Jim Chambers:iwo:

chili77bowl
11-09-07, 11:53 AM
ya'll send me his info chilibowl77@yahoo.com
I am at SOI West right now, going through the course to be an instructor.
Give me his info and I'll pass it up through the school and I'll make sure this little **** if FUBAR.

MarineNCO
11-09-07, 12:41 PM
It seems everyone wants a piece of this guy. I am at SOI-East. The folks I know here can find out just about anything we need to set this guy straight. Look him up on 3270 and you will find if he is prior service, what ribbons he rates, what his time in service is etc etc.

There is NO WAY possible to graduate from boot camp as a Corporal. Corporal is a competitive promotion. NCOs remember your cutting score and what it took to get promoted. Read your promotion manual if you have any doubts. Even prior service you only get one rank increase (PVT to PFC) and in boot camp you can only get one other promotion (PFC to LCpl). Then you have to do at least 9 months to rate a cutting score. Then you have to complete your MCIs. Then you have to beat out all the other Corporals in your MOS that have been in for 2 years or more. We will even mention the fact that you can NOT be promoted to NCO while in student status prior to becoming a fleet Marine. There was a Marine here at SOI-E in Med hold for 2 years, highly motivated Marine. He was diagnosed with some kind of sleep disorder and fought like hell to stay in. He was a LCpl the entire time becuase he could not be promoted to NCO as a student. He did not complete all his training to become a fleet Marine.

So if this guy is fresh out of boot, has not been to SOI and has Cpl chevrons on then he is a poser just by that. If he is 19 years old and right out of boot then chances are he doesn't rate the number of ribbons I saw either.

In short burn him!!

Crusader20
11-09-07, 01:30 PM
Another way is to look up the MCT battalion that he will report to. The SGTMAJ there would really like to have some hard questions answered. If he went to PI then it would be Camp Geiger, If San Deigo, then Camp Pen.

Again, forward pics and name. they will know who he is.

yellowwing
11-09-07, 01:34 PM
Ohhh...looks like we are starting to bracket him! :evilgrin:

SgtJimc
11-09-07, 01:42 PM
If this kid is doing what some of you are saying, he isn't just a poser, he is breaking the law.....and his Marine Corps career will be very short. I remember my last year in the Corps and I was stationed at Headquarters Marine Corps, and the big scandal that year was the fact that the Chief of Naval Operations was wearing personal awards he didn't rate. Those of you who were around back then know what happened next......The CNO took a .45 and put a round right through his heart. So this is serious stuff if this kid is in fact doing this.

PatriotGirl422
11-09-07, 03:25 PM
There is NO WAY possible to graduate from boot camp as a Corporal. Corporal is a competitive promotion. NCOs remember your cutting score and what it took to get promoted. Read your promotion manual if you have any doubts. Even prior service you only get one rank increase (PVT to PFC) and in boot camp you can only get one other promotion (PFC to LCpl). Then you have to do at least 9 months to rate a cutting score. Then you have to complete your MCIs. Then you have to beat out all the other Corporals in your MOS that have been in for 2 years or more. We will even mention the fact that you can NOT be promoted to NCO while in student status prior to becoming a fleet Marine. There was a Marine here at SOI-E in Med hold for 2 years, highly motivated Marine. He was diagnosed with some kind of sleep disorder and fought like hell to stay in. He was a LCpl the entire time becuase he could not be promoted to NCO as a student. He did not complete all his training to become a fleet Marine.

You don't even have to analyze it that closely. Look at the simple facts: He's 19 and is wearing a service stripe. That is impossible. He didn't join when he was 15, did he? Simple as that. He's faking something.

MrsSgtSilva
11-09-07, 05:51 PM
All,

I think I can clear up the questions about his prior service and actual rank. I'm related to him.

He's 19-years-old, non-prior service. His actual rank is PFC. The only true military service this side of the family has seen has been from his father, uncle, and grandfather.

Looking at the ribbons he's wearing in the pictures, I'd venture a guess most of them came from his father's uniform, as well as the name tag. I'm not quite sure where the CPL chevrons and hash mark came from; it could be an old uniform he pulled out of the barn at some point in time.

MrsSgtSilva, bbstkr's Wife

SgtJimc
11-09-07, 06:20 PM
All,

I think I can clear up the questions about his prior service and actual rank. I'm related to him.

He's 19-years-old, non-prior service. His actual rank is PFC. The only true military service this side of the family has seen has been from his father, uncle, and grandfather.

Looking at the ribbons he's wearing in the pictures, I'd venture a guess most of them came from his father's uniform, as well as the name tag. I'm not quite sure where the CPL chevrons and hash mark came from; it could be an old uniform he pulled out of the barn at some point in time.

MrsSgtSilva, bbstkr's Wife

I guess my question would be if he was at an "Official" Marine Corps function or was he at a Halloween Party or something? Either way, his judgement is clearly in question here; however, there are always 2 sides to every story and sometimes 3. If you are related to this young Marine, then tell him he has to earn those stripes and medals, and that good Marines don't go around playing "dress-up". Good luck with this situation.

MrsSgtSilva
11-09-07, 06:35 PM
I guess my question would be if he was at an "Official" Marine Corps function or was he at a Halloween Party or something? Either way, his judgement is clearly in question here; however, there are always 2 sides to every story and sometimes 3. If you are related to this young Marine, then tell him he has to earn those stripes and medals, and that good Marines don't go around playing "dress-up". Good luck with this situation.

All but two of the pictures were taken at a Fall Concert (at College). The other two were taken elsewhere; I don't recognize the place.

I don't even know how he got out of the house wearing that uniform. I've been debating whether or not I should call him out on it. I certainly don't agree with him doing what he did; it's wrong on so many levels, I don't even know what to say about it.

I would've thought him successfully completing recruit training and earning the right to call himself a "Marine" would have been more than enough.

MrsSgtSilva

MrsSgtSilva
11-09-07, 09:13 PM
"This message has been deleted by thedrifter (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=7). Reason: NOT A MARINE>>>NO SAY"

thedrifter,

I didn't mean to upset anyone with the two posts I made. I didn't realize this topic was exclusive to Marines. I replied with what I did because the topic involved a relative. I wasn't trying to add my thoughts one way or the other as far as what should be done, I was only trying to verify the information some others had questions about.

SkilletsUSMC
11-09-07, 09:26 PM
Has anyone else even noticed that he is wearing MEDALS over his RIGHT POCKET on his ALPHA COAT, and that the medals are for the same thing as his ribbons? TRUE FAKE.

rvillac2
11-10-07, 12:20 AM
Yeah, the medals on Alphas was a dead give away that he is an idiot.

Skillets and Chili, go ahead and tag team this guy but keep the officers out of it. He's an idiot boot that needs to be trained (like Santiago on Gitmo?).
ha ha ha.

He simply thinks that nobody will catch him at home. While on boot leave, a certain SgtMaj of mine wore his boots with his Alphas and then bloused them like Army SF does. Then he and his buddy strutted around town until a staff sergeant in civvies stuck his ID in his face. He was "trained" immediately and the experience scared him straight....straight enough to make SgtMaj!

Set an illum on top of him and report back to us for a debrief.

bbstkr
11-10-07, 03:09 AM
public folder in myspace......

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=34410992&albumId=1181384

In all his "glory"

yellowwing
11-10-07, 03:19 AM
That's good enough to correct this Marine. Those good Marines acting on this can keep in touch via Private Messaging.