PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Re-Enlist in the Corps

CplMoto
11-05-07, 08:42 PM
How is all my fellow marines doing tonight? Okay here is my dillema. I have been out of the Marine Corps for a year and a half. And I decided I want to go back in. I already went to MEPS for another physical and submitted my package. The only problem is i have full sleeve tattoos on my right arm they took pictures and now its going up the chain of command. I got out before the tattoo policy even came into effect. Shouldn't I get grandfathered under this new regulation? I have been in the IRR since i got out so technically I am still in the Corps. Therefore it was the IRR responsibility to let the marines know about this new regulation. Cause if I would have known I would have gotten the tattoos photographed before the July 2007 deadline. I havent been denied yet but what do you guys think my chances are of getting back in?? This is bothering the hell out of me and I'm just curious how long is it gonna take? And If I am denied do I have the right to request mast?:flag:

3077India
11-05-07, 08:57 PM
If you really want back in, maybe you should consider having these full-sleeve tattoos removed; that would, at least, alleviate your anxiety.:p

CplMoto
11-05-07, 09:11 PM
and another thing to add i got every single tattoo while on active duty

Covey_Rider
11-06-07, 02:24 AM
Hey you shouldn't have a problem getting back in at all. I don't see why you shouldn't get grandfathered. Getting your tats removed is a little extreme if you ask me...I love tattoos and I've just started all the work that's going to be getting done on me. But yeah, it shouldn't be an issue...Out here in Okinawa I still see people going and getting sleeves and large tattoos that show in PT gear.

gutinstinct
11-06-07, 05:29 AM
Am sorry to pry fellow Marines. What's the policy pertaining to tat's ? Is this something new ? I have been out of the Corps for over 22 years. The only policy that i can remember was that your tat could not be showing when you were wearing your class "C" uniform, and, that was for Embassy duty.

Covey_Rider
11-06-07, 06:16 AM
A new order was passed a few months ago saying that Marines are no longer allowed to get large tattoos/sleeves that show while you are wearing PT gear. All Marines that had these tattoos before I believe June 1st, '07 were grandfathered. I'm not sure what units really enforce it, just as long as Marines aren't getting their entire bodies tattooed Marines are usually left alone when they get new tattoos that dance around in the gray area of the new order.

gutinstinct
11-06-07, 06:49 AM
I think that's a bunch of B******T . But, orders are orders.

David Jameson
11-06-07, 08:12 AM
Some things will never change.Those people at CMC HQ got thier prioritys
right. A friggin war on and they get thier pussys all tight about tats.

OLE SARG
11-06-07, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rules of engagement hamper war
Sarasota Herald-Tribune, FL

The latest controversy in Washington has brought back some very unpleasant memories. I'm referring to the heated discussions surrounding waterboarding or other rather unpleasant information-gathering techniques.

Of course our adversaries have no problem with beheadings or severe torture and dragging the bodies of our troops though their cities. But we're better than that -- we have to use puritanical standards. I'd support unlimited waterboarding and even a beheading or two if the information to be gathered saved even one U.S. serviceman or woman.

The current rules of engagement are another topic certain to turn the stomachs of every combat veteran. In World War II, if a unit was taking fire from a structure, the structure was destroyed along with all of its occupants. We also "carpet bombed" many cities, without much regard for collateral damage.

Our policy now has our soldiers and Marines more concerned with a possible court-martial than the elimination of the enemy, because of possible collateral damage. This policy further endangers all of our troops.

The civilian policy-makers in Washington want us to fight another war with our hands tied, just as they did in Vietnam, when certain targets and countries were off limits, furnishing our enemy safe locations from which to operate. Few of these policymakers have spent even an hour in combat. And few are willing to send their sons and daughters to fight in Iraq or Afghanistan.

War ain't pretty, but at least give our servicemen and women a fighting chance.

R. Lane Hoeck

Sarasota

It ****es me off when something like this is posted and no one can comment on the STUPID INFO passed on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say THE IDIOTS in our congress who propose to be smart - HA (with the likes of manchild hildabeast, fatass swimmer kennedy, ms pseudo-hero kerry, dickhead durbin, dirtyass harry reid, leftbatwing pelosi, etc.) are really showing their asses or is it their faces!!!!!!! THEY CAN'T ****ING RUN CONGRESS (lowest rating EVER) and they want to play war - I say put their fatasses over in Iraq with a rifle and a 70 pound pack and see how long they last!!!!!! THESE *******S MAKE ME WANT TO SHOOT OR RIP APART SOMETHING (would like to tear into their asses).
ALL ARE POSTERPEOPLE FOR BIRTH CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
11-06-07, 09:53 AM
OLE Sarge, you are the best:D

CplMoto
11-06-07, 09:06 PM
I am sick of these politicians and these higher up trying to delegate what marines are to do when they havent even served there country except for in a office i just want back in the corps. the corps is my life. what ever happened to once a marine always a marine. I already earned my right to wear that uniform and i did it honorably the first time. I want to make my career in the marine corps. It took me getting out for a year to figure that out. But yet someone is going to tell me no. I will fight this to the white house if I am denied. I just want to go to Iraq again and fight. :mad:

LCPLE3
11-07-07, 09:14 AM
Marine Corps Tatoo Regulation

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/a/tattoo.htm

Good luck Marine!:flag: