PDA

View Full Version : I went and re-enlisted!

Sgt Leprechaun
11-05-07, 12:06 AM
Yep...no kidding. This weekend, I became an official member of the West Virginia Air Guard! The 167th Medical Squadron, of the 167th Air Wing. We are a C-5 unit based in Martinsburg, WVA, that just transistioned from C-130's.

Kept my rank and they even gave me 2 years time in grade credit! Can't beat that.

No bonus, but what the heck. I re-enlisted into "BioEnviormental Engineering", sort of an "Industrial CSI" type job. Very interesting to be sure. No doubt I'll be doing a trip to the sandbox after tech school (which is in San Antonio, Tx.....a little over 3 months long) sometime, but nothing on the horizon yet.

God help the Air Force! It's definetely.....different...to be sure. Thus far I've met numerous 'former' Marines who've welcomed me with open arms, as well as everyone else, just as decent, nice, and welcoming as can be.

3077India
11-05-07, 12:20 AM
I wish you all the best Sergeant. :banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
11-05-07, 12:34 AM
Thanks! You too, believe me!

davblay
11-05-07, 12:57 AM
:thumbup:

thedrifter
11-05-07, 05:49 AM
Congratulations!

Ellie

jetdawgg
11-05-07, 10:09 AM
Hey Jarhead give'em hell:usmc: :D

Congrats

HardJedi
11-05-07, 10:40 AM
have fun! and congrats!

yellowwing
11-05-07, 12:54 PM
Congratulations! The Air National Guard seems very popular with Prior Service Marines. The Pentagon should really capitalize on that with a new recruiting campaign:

http://www.ywg-web.com/images/new-ang-banner.jpg

Achped
11-05-07, 03:07 PM
Congrats Staff Sergeant!

Sgt Leprechaun
11-07-07, 10:28 AM
Thanks, all! Much appreciated!

YW, I LOVE that Air Guard pic...is it ok if I use it?

yellowwing
11-07-07, 10:34 AM
Be my guest! Send it up the chain of command and see if it will fly, no pun intended. ;)

Sgt Leprechaun
11-07-07, 01:39 PM
That is just too cool.

gutinstinct
11-07-07, 04:02 PM
Congrads former Checkerboader. Don't forget where you came from. All the luck to you. If you ever go TAD or as you Air Force people call it TDY to Gulfport, Mississippi try to look to look up Miller. He is a former Checkerboader. He is now a E-9 or E-10 for the Air Guard out that way. Like I said before good luck & my God bless you, Urf.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-07-07, 04:12 PM
Thanks Urf! Good to talk to you! Hope things are goin well for ya bro!

Miller...an E9....lord help us all....LOL

gutinstinct
11-07-07, 04:34 PM
You got that right Jason. I speak to Miller every other weekend and say the same thing you posted. "God help us".

Sgt Leprechaun
11-07-07, 04:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Tell him I said "Hey".

I also have video of him in embarrasing situations from Okinawa, the PI, and other places of ill refute, that the Navy Customs prks didn't get....he'll remember for sure.

He better contack me or I'll have that stuff on you tube faster than he can say "Howya'lldoin?"

jahhead88
11-07-07, 04:44 PM
ooohhh rahhh

gutinstinct
11-07-07, 06:00 PM
Jason, Let me tell you something about Miller. I used to live in Mississippi. When I went for a visit he asked me to bring all the pictures from the PI. Which in turn I did, no problem. I even brought pictures that I don't want to go into detail about. After a couple of beers and shots we started to check out the pictures. We had alot of laughs. His wife who was in the backyard overheard us laughing entered and wanted to no what was so funny. That sick F**k showed her every picture I had, and went into detail of everyone. She just gave me that stare(you sick motherf***ers). He doesn't care about any indecent photos or vids. I on the other do. So, If you have any of me destroy them, Thanks.

gutinstinct
11-07-07, 06:06 PM
And I forgot....... HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!! I should have had a S-2 MOS

semperfi170
11-07-07, 09:11 PM
You are definitely helping to improve the Guard because of you Marine training. Congratulations on finding a path/way to be of further service to your country!:!:

Sgt Leprechaun
11-12-07, 05:44 AM
Thanks all!

Urf, the only pics I have are basically 'clean'....but I've had to answer a couple of questions from my kids about nikkid girls LOL.

That sounds exactly like something Miller would do, too!