PDA

View Full Version : Marine in trouble with the law.

LostSheep01
11-04-07, 07:53 AM
http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=34451

Here is a link of a Marine if you want to call him that, who was UA from SOI and decide to go on a animal shooting spree.

I work at the jail that he got booked into, and being the only Marine on my shift they asked me to come up and talk to him. I asked him if he understood what he was dooing and that this affects more then just himself. He has been UA for about 2 weeks or so, so I got on the phone and called the Staff Duty at SOI Camp Pen. and told them of the situation.

Was I wrong to call the duty? I dont think I was just for the reason he never told anyone where he was and had no intentions of going back. Thought I would share that story. I t sucked to see a young Marine skrew up his life like that and it was even worse when I heard it on the 10 oclock news. He got hit with 4 felonies.

HardJedi
11-04-07, 07:56 AM
you did your job. the kid got what he deserved. hell, If I was in charge, I 'd shoot him as a deserter during a time of war. but thats just me.:angel: sweet, caring and forgiving.

Isrowei
11-04-07, 11:19 AM
No, you did exactly the right thing (and also required by law). Civilian authorities are supposed to report a service member in a UA or deserter status to their command.

Job well done.

Zulu 36
11-04-07, 12:18 PM
I've nailed several deserters from various services (never a Marine though). Of course they had warrants out for them on NCIC (the FBI's national computer system) that jumped out as soon as their...

bigdog43701
11-04-07, 12:56 PM
lost,

you did your job as you saw fit...HONOR...COURAGE...COMMITMENT...everything else is BS

gutinstinct
11-04-07, 03:16 PM
Lostsheep, as a former Marine & a former LEO a no how you must feel. I too have been faced with active duty and veterans of the Marine corps on the wrong side of the law. You should stop taking this issue so personal. Its part of the job & you did your duty as a CO. I remember what my FTO once told me " Garbage only has one smell". Semper Fi

thewookie
11-04-07, 03:44 PM
Yeah I have no pity for those guys given that story. Especially the UA Marine. Sounds like they were BZO-ing on live targets? Hitting houses and animals? WTF It's a good thing you got them when you did because what do you think the odds are that they would have stepped up to the next level? If you can hit a house or animal why wouldn't you try something else? Sick. I hope they throw the book at them. Semper Fi

Sgt0811
11-04-07, 05:13 PM
As a retired Cop I say that you did right by doing your job.
I had to deal with Marines committing crimes while I was working. It almost made me ashamed to be a Marine. Then I remember what I was taught. The first week at my first duty station was to witness a battlion formation for a deserter that was caught after a year. While he stood in front of a MP jeep and had everything striped from his uniform we were given an about face and he was marched off the base by way of the rear gate in front of the jeep. This was in Camp Pendleton 16 area in 1963.
There are bad guys in all branches but the Marines are the hardest to take.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-05-07, 12:32 AM
You did EXACTLY the right thing bro. As a currently serving LEO at a military post (civilian) I get to pick up and turn over these dirtbags on a quite regular basis. <br />
<br />
I have zero sympathy for...