PDA

View Full Version : The Hat

gunny5077
11-03-07, 08:42 AM
Where are the DI's from 1st BN, Bravo Company, Parris Island. I served from 1997 to 2000 and It was the best and worst thing I have ever done. As a Hat, you know what I am talking about!!!!!! Hollla Back
:evilgrin:

Isrowei
11-03-07, 08:46 AM
You might get some flak about filling out your profile, just a free nudge.

I'll throw out a few names and see if you recognize them: Warren, Hyman, Schaeffer.. do those sound familiar?

Schaeffer is now the 1stSgt of Bravo Company. You might get some help by contacting him directly.

gunny5077
11-03-07, 04:02 PM
You might get some flak about filling out your profile, just a free nudge.

I'll throw out a few names and see if you recognize them: Warren, Hyman, Schaeffer.. do those sound familiar?

Schaeffer is now the 1stSgt of Bravo Company. You might get some help by contacting him directly.

I will put my profile out there when I decide if I like this kinda thing. I usually do not participate in this but one of my fellow Marines told me about this. I was a Hat at bravo company and most of the other DI's knew me as "Hindo." the name Schaeffer sounds familiar. But If you look on the 1st BN Final Drill board, you will see my Bravo Company drill record from the 1999 days, I set the record. I know it has probably been broken. But the Hats that trained me was SSgt Lawerence, and now CWO4 Averhart. also, I have seen a few guys from back in the day, 1st Sgt Dickerson is at Camp Lejeune now, we had dinner about a month ago.

Camper51
11-03-07, 07:53 PM
I will put my profile out there when I decide if I like this kinda thing. I usually do not participate in this but one of my fellow Marines told me about this. I was a Hat at bravo company and most of the other DI's knew me as "Hindo." the name Schaeffer sounds familiar. But If you look on the 1st BN Final Drill board, you will see my Bravo Company drill record from the 1999 days, I set the record. I know it has probably been broken. But the Hats that trained me was SSgt Lawerence, and now CWO4 Averhart. also, I have seen a few guys from back in the day, 1st Sgt Dickerson is at Camp Lejeune now, we had dinner about a month ago.

Fill out your profile. We don't much give a chit about what you want until we see a filled out profile. We all do it and we all take pride in our service...

gunny5077
11-04-07, 11:05 PM
OK, profile complete.

Gary Hall
11-06-07, 09:46 AM
Glad to know you guns. We lived in NO 68 -75 and all my grand kids (3) live there. (in South La.). Gary Hall, Tyler, TX

gunny5077
11-11-07, 11:29 PM
Glad to know you Gary. Happy Birthday!

yellowwing
11-12-07, 05:20 AM
Hi Gunny! I lived Uptown for 8 months early in 2001. Met a lot of good people. I met a few Marine Veterans along the way. It's good to visit with strangers you already know.