PDA

View Full Version : Proud To Be A Vet

Marine84
11-03-07, 05:44 AM
I got that warm fuzzy feeling the other day ya'll. I got a "Thank You" card in the mail - when I first saw it, I thought "thank you for what? I haven't sent anybody anything".

Sometime earlier this year, on another site, a Marine had posted this letter that a lady in NJ had written for Veterans (I'll see if I can find my copy and post later). Anyway, her address was posted and he asked us to drop her a line and let her know that we appreciate her support. I did and I got my very first (ever) Vetrans Day card this year from her. This lady doesn't know me from Adam's house cat and she's thanking me for something that I did over 20 years ago - I don't feel like I did anything - I was in during peacetime. The Corps did something for me the way I see it.

Anyway, thought I would share the warm fuzzy feeling with ya'll...................here's what the card said:

Thank You..................

For all that you have sacrificed
and everything you've done
To help make this world we share a safer, better one,
This comes with admiration and with gratitude to say
You're thought about so often -
and especially on this day.

Happy Veterans Day

I'm passing the "Thank You" on to Marines before me that blazed the path for me to walk on and to present Marines who are watching my house at night now. Happy Veterans Day! :beer:

Wyoming
11-03-07, 10:06 AM
I got that warm fuzzy feeling the other day ya'll. I got a "Thank You" card in the mail - when I first saw it, I thought "thank you for what? I haven't sent anybody anything".

Sometime earlier this year, on another site, a Marine had posted this letter that a lady in NJ had written for Veterans (I'll see if I can find my copy and post later). Anyway, her address was posted and he asked us to drop her a line and let her know that we appreciate her support. I did and I got my very first (ever) Vetrans Day card this year from her. This lady doesn't know me from Adam's house cat and she's thanking me for something that I did over 20 years ago - I don't feel like I did anything - I was in during peacetime. The Corps did something for me the way I see it.

Anyway, thought I would share the warm fuzzy feeling with ya'll...................here's what the card said:

Thank You..................

For all that you have sacrificed
and everything you've done
To help make this world we share a safer, better one,
This comes with admiration and with gratitude to say
You're thought about so often -
and especially on this day.

Happy Veterans Day

I'm passing the "Thank You" on to Marines before me that blazed the path for me to walk on and to present Marines who are watching my house at night now. Happy Veterans Day! :beer:

It's not often that we see sometning like this.

Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to going to the VFW on the 10th, just to see how it goes.

Scottyva
11-03-07, 04:04 PM
Amen Brothers. Happy Veterans Day to those of us who served whether in Peace or in War!

jahhead88
11-03-07, 04:13 PM
I second these sentiments but don't forget 10 November 2007 either.

Marine84
11-03-07, 07:40 PM
We'll have to have a party in the chat room or something on the 10th

Camper51
11-03-07, 07:49 PM
Happy Veterans Day to all who have served and those who are now serving.

Thank you for your service regardless of whether you served during time of crisis or peace, you were there if needed and would have gone proudly into the depths of h*ll.

All gave some
Some gave all

Scottyva
11-04-07, 01:33 PM
I am reminded of a rarely used quotation : To Those who Fight for it Freedom has a Sweet Taste that even the Oppressed shall Never Savor.

It makes me realize why i served in the first place