PDA

View Full Version : No Corpman posters!

Thirsty Pilgrim
11-03-07, 05:07 AM
Any suggestions?

I am a member of our local American Legion. We're putting on a Marine Corps birthday celebration on the 10th. I've gone to the local recruiters and picked up some posters to hang in the hall.

My problem is I want something to represent the Corpsmen. The celebration just wouldn't be complete unless we can find something for "Doc".I can't find any kind of "Corpsman" poster on line anywhere.

I did find the name of the Corpsman school and have sent off a letter to their Command Master Chief.

The 10th is starting to get REAL CLOSE!

Any suggestions out there?

Phantom Blooper
11-03-07, 10:50 AM
Try this Thirsty....:evilgrin:

jetdawgg
11-03-07, 11:07 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/features/iraq/dispatches/specialreport/mainphoto.jpg

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/natlib/afc2001001/tifs/3d01888/3d01888v.jpg

http://www.usvetdsp.com/hat_navy_corpsman.jpg

docfin11
11-18-07, 07:21 AM
Coming from an old salt, it is nice they remember us....God bless and Semper FI:marine:

PatriotGirl422
11-18-07, 01:02 PM
Coming from an old salt, it is nice they remember us....God bless and Semper FI:marine:

Of course! Everybody loves a corpsman!

docfin11
11-20-07, 06:15 PM
Of course! Everybody loves a corpsman!

Well you would think of course this would be the truth, but I ran across a marine yeasterday (had just gotten out) and the story he told was little different. We got to talking about where we served ect ect., and he just had nothing good to say about his corpsman. He was also convince he had just as much medical education as his corpsman (after talking to him you could tell this was very far from the truth) and that he and his squad could just do with out. It did not make me mad, just really sad about his attitude.

I will say that "doc" is a title one has to earn and it is not given out freely. I could also tell this guy was a total rock. Just really worries me that guys like this will pass on their attitudes to younger marines.

yellowwing
11-20-07, 06:23 PM
Education is good. But when the shiite hits the fan and your Marines, experience is the only Teacher!

RVHall
11-20-07, 06:48 PM
he just had nothing good to say about his corpsman
I can't believe he has any combat experience. Even my experience with the ROK Marines showed me that Korean Corpsmen are just like ours. They would crawl out into an open paddy without hesitation to drag back wounded ROK Marines under fire. Their medical care was decidedly better than a Marine's. That's what Corpsmen do, save our lives.

I salute Corpsmen, US and Korean alike.

Semper Fi

docfin11
11-21-07, 10:07 AM
I can't believe he has any combat experience. Even my experience with the ROK Marines showed me that Korean Corpsmen are just like ours. They would crawl out into an open paddy without hesitation to drag back wounded ROK Marines under fire. Their medical care was decidedly better than a Marine's. That's what Corpsmen do, save our lives.

I salute Corpsmen, US and Korean alike.

Semper Fi

No no the guy was not a ROK marine...HE was a ROCK (as in the hard thing laying on the ground).....He just one of those guys, you know the one of which I speak!

docfin11
11-21-07, 10:08 AM
Education is good. But when the shiite hits the fan and your Marines, experience is the only Teacher!

I agree sir, I was put on the spot a couple of times in theatre and just learned there where I was! Also the complete repitition of constant training helped, it gave a nice baseline from which to work!

FistFu68
11-21-07, 04:59 PM
:evilgrin: HOW DID YOU LIKE HUMPING WITH US GRUNT'S?GAVE YOU'R AZZ A REAL WORKOUT DIDN'T WE?CHIT WE WOULD DIE PROTECTING OUR"DOC'S":usmc:

docfin11
11-22-07, 05:28 AM
:evilgrin: HOW DID YOU LIKE HUMPING WITH US GRUNT'S?GAVE YOU'R AZZ A REAL WORKOUT DIDN'T WE?CHIT WE WOULD DIE PROTECTING OUR"DOC'S":usmc:

Humping camp swampy wasn't all that bad, but CAX sucked. It was all good though, the liberty :beer: was great! I can say all that training they give us comes together when the ****e hit the fan!

I mean I realize that a doc has to earn that name and there is always the ****ebird, but I have really met few greenside corpsmen who didn't earn the name! They either got right or got broken!

chili77bowl
11-24-07, 09:55 AM
Hey, I'm gonna post just to say that some of my best friends were the Corpsman.

I got nothing but love for ya'll, Doc...

Now some of them I met were a little fruity, and a little more than eager to see me stripped down to my skivvies for..........

Maybe I'm sharin' too much with you people.

USNCorpsman
11-26-07, 12:07 PM

amen to what he said:thumbup:

Thirsty Pilgrim
12-09-07, 04:35 PM
An update.

Through the Greatlakes "Corpsman school" I was able to make our birthday celebration a sucess.

Below is a copy of an e-mail that I was sent.....

I am writing you on behalf of Master Chief Joel Hemenway at Naval Hospital Corps School regarding your request for some type of help or suggestions for your upcoming birthday celebration.

The quickest solution that I could come up with was to send you a 6 foot by 4 foot Hospital Corps blanket to hang on your wall and then keep for future use.

I will mail it overnight to you today and you should have it by either late tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning at the latest.

Please accept this as a token of appreciation from the Naval Hospital Corps School Chief Petty Officers Mess for the tireless and selfless service provided by you and your fellow Marines over the last 232 years and the many years yet to come.

Happy Birthday and Semper Fi!

Very Respectfully,

HMC(SW/AW) Brian [I cut out his last name]

Command Fitness Leader

LCPO, Health Promotions

Naval Hospital Corps School

Great Lakes, IL 60088

I posted the blanket on the wall along with a few downloaded pictures. "Our" Doc at the Legion loved it! I have it packed away now and will bring it out again next year with a copy of his e-mail.

HMCFMFWife
12-18-07, 09:30 PM
Thank you all for the praise you give for your Corpsman. My husband served you in Korea in 1951 and again in 1965-66 in vietnam..in between at MCRD San Diego and Camp LeJeune...I lost him in Oct. 2006 and then in Feb. 07 our son found out he had Leukemia and he did his best to stay with us but he passed away Nov. 13, 2006. He was only 52 yrs old.
Marge

Phantom Blooper
12-18-07, 09:35 PM
Ma'am God Bless our corpsman!So very sorry for your loss! Semper Fidelis!:flag:

HMCFMFWife
12-18-07, 09:47 PM
Thank you..loosing a soul mate was hard enough..but loosing a child is wrong.

RVHall
12-18-07, 09:53 PM
Thank you..loosing a soul mate was hard enough..but loosing a child is wrong.
Life seems so unfair sometimes. Losing a child is a terrible thing, even more so after losing your life partner. I am so very sorry for your losses.

Semper Fi

Vance Hall

OJK
12-20-07, 04:07 PM

If you were a Marine in 1950 and they told you this fuzzy faced kid was your Assistant Batallion Surgeon - would it have given you confidence or just one more reason to not get wounded?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/kmastf/ASSTBATTALIONSURGEON1949.jpg

Age hasn't reached me - much -

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/kmastf/CAMPROBBER02.jpg

We need to remember Pharmacist Mate Second Class John Bradley and his Navy Cross he earned - center of this pic -

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/kmastf/P8060001A.jpg

:D

HMCFMFWife
12-20-07, 10:53 PM
When my husband was in nam in 65-66 he came in one day from a run ( he was a Chief corpsman, sanatation tec. and also in pest control)..just coming back from another base (he and his driver) and lo and behold there was a large banner that read " HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES, YOUR MOTHER THE NAVY LOVES YOU"

yellowwing
12-20-07, 10:57 PM
When my husband was in nam in 65-66 he came in one day from a run ( he was a Chief corpsman, sanatation tec. and also in pest control)..just coming back from another base (he and his driver) and lo and behold there was a large banner that read " HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARINES, YOUR MOTHER THE NAVY LOVES YOU"
I like that! :thumbup: