PDA

View Full Version : What can be brought to SOI?

taysmith35
11-01-07, 11:09 PM
i just graduated and seen on our orders it just says that we should not bring too much due to limited space. i was just wondering if any marines knew if a laptop would be too much to bring or if it was a bad idea due to sticky fingered marines? thanks!

HardJedi
11-01-07, 11:13 PM
No Idea in the modern world. But, much like any other time, your gear is likely to get ransacked at SOI, just like in boot. ( at least ours was) so I Would think a laptop would be a bad idea. Plus, at least when i went through, you were ALWAYS out in the field during SOI, except on weekends, so what good would a laptop do anyway?

LASTLY IF YOU JUST GRADUATED, FOR GOD'S SAKE you should KNOW to CAPATILIZE the TITLE of Marine!

oh, and a ps. there are NO "sticky fingered" Marines. there are chitbags POSING as Marines, and they will soon be gone.

Achped
11-01-07, 11:13 PM
Do not bring the laptop. If you're MCT, don't bring anything other than what you're issued. A cell phone, yeah, but you'll just put it in your seabag for a month while you're in the field.

ITB, maybe a PSP, or something small along with your cell for libbo on the weekends.

If you bring a laptop, I will eventually be using it. (Because I'll find some other Marine with it who snatched it out of your wall locker, who will probably be in my squad bay)