PDA

View Full Version : Buddy getting Married in his Blues and.......

shady1324
10-31-07, 02:11 PM
Semper Fi Devil Dogs,

Sgt Ryan Boone here. Former Marine from 91-95. I have a good Former Marine buddy that is getting married this weekend! His fiance insist he wear his dress blues. The kicker is she does not want him to shave his goatee!!! The even worse thing is he is considering it! WHAT!!! You do not put on the uniform without a clean shaven face like we were all trained to do! Its not an option!! You wear your blues and be "in uniform" and up to Our HIGH STANDARDS THAT WE ARE PROUD OF!! Please reply to this mail as you would reply to the Marine I speak of. Im gonna forward him this link Friday and let him get some opinions of other Devil Dogs because i cant change his or her mind!!!

OHHH RAHHH and Semper FI!!
ESPRIT DE CORPS!!

Sgt Ryan Boone

yellowwing
10-31-07, 02:48 PM
Shave it. It will grow back.

Tell her that Wedding Picture in Blues (clean shaven) would look better than a goat in a tux! :D

If she still squawks a bit Ask Her, "Baby what if I promise to grow it back?" If you phrase it in a question she'll have the grace to back down.

jetdawgg
10-31-07, 02:53 PM
http://www.e-firstaidsupplies.com/image500/922-11732lw.jpg

Phantom Blooper
10-31-07, 02:56 PM
http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sites/mcub/PAGES/Appropriate%20Wear%20of%20the%20Uniforms.asp

Grooming Standards.****** Anyone who wears the Marine Corps Uniform must abide by the Marine Corps Grooming standards (paragraph 1004 and 8000.2 of the Uniform Regulations).

Active duty/Reservists/Retirees and former Marines must also abide by the height and weight standards (paragraph 8000.2 of the Uniform Regulations). :evilgrin:

DIBLO7
11-01-07, 01:25 PM
He needs to shave. Not only is it in the order, but he would look retarded being in blues with hair all over his face. :sick:

One4Eddy
11-01-07, 02:14 PM
If he doesn't shave then every time he shows his wedding pictures to anyone in the military or prior military he's gonna have some heavy explaining to do.

Chumley
11-01-07, 02:35 PM
Halloween was yesterday. Your buddy should know better. As we all sit here from afar and point out our opinions, let's hope some salty old "Chesty-like" Marine DI veteran isn't invited and sitting in the crowd unbenounced to the happy groom, who decides to give him enough sh!t he needs to shave at the last minute. Better have a haircut too.

shady1234 - you started this post - this guy is YOUR buddy - You know what you have to do about it, Marine. No, it wouldn't make me happy either.

I told a poolie a couple weeks back that what sets us apart, as Marines and Adults, is that we know what's right and wrong, and we say something about it because we're responsible to ourselves and what we beleive in.

SFi
C

ggyoung
11-01-07, 05:22 PM
What about Lou Dimmond?