PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corps Birthday

IrishMarine
10-31-07, 02:08 PM
How many of you still celebrate it with former Marines? I was active from 89to 93. I am looking for a place where Marines (active or former) party on November 10th in the San Diego area.

HardJedi
10-31-07, 02:13 PM
well, only with the few former Marines I know in this area. and we mostly just get together and talk, tell lies and BS. good times. but thats way over here in KC

gwladgarwr
10-31-07, 03:15 PM
They don't celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday in San Diego due to the lack of interest. :p <br />
<br />
Online, look up the VFW, Marine Corps League, American Legion, Navy League, Fleet Reserve Association,...

thewookie
10-31-07, 04:52 PM
Press release:

PLYMOUTH – A Birthday Ball honoring the 232nd anniversary of the U.S. Marine Corps will be held Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, at the Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor, at 180 Water St. This semi-formal commemoration will include cocktails, dinner, dancing, an honor guard, cake-cutting ceremony and other activities. The PX opens at 1800 hours, with chow following at 2000 hours. (For civilians, that’s cocktails at 6 p.m. and dinner at 8.) The local celebration is open to everyone who appreciates the sacrifices made by the military, especially the Marine Corps. Tickets are $50 per person. Proceeds will be donated to help fill boxes for troops overseas and to assist the families of our troops.

Col. Stephen M. Pomeroy will be the keynote speaker. The decorated fighter pilot will talk about his nearly 30 years of service in the Corps, including his time in the Persian Gulf. A native of Milton, Pomeroy flew more than 40 combat missions in an F/A-18 Hornet during the first Iraq War. Currently, he is the commanding officer and professor of naval science at the Naval ROTC Unit at Norwich University. Pomeroy received the Bronze Star, Legion of Merit and Air Medal with combat “V.”

For details or to order tickets, call former USMC sergeants Elliot Chassey at 508-746-3498, Michael Vernazzaro at 774-454-2709, Jack Pomeroy at 508-747-7344 or Keven Joyce at 508-209-0257.

Any Marines, Sailors, civilians, anyone in the South Shore area that's interested in attending this event please contact me. We have the world famous Sgt. Danny Boy Clark, a former Mass State Trooper, and a US Marine who's opening things up and singing for us. We have the local Marine recruiter's marching in colors, performing the cake cutting ceremony, and participating in the whole event. Dick Boterie, a local Marine who carried a radio off a Landing Craft onto Iwo Jima is our oldest Marine. We also have a bag piper, or someone playing the bag pipes? A DJ, a full bar:beer: The dress is semi formal/casual, hell come in PT shorts if you want! We have over 100 Marines already paid and coming to this years event. It's only $50 and that includes your meal and a special gift for everyone! We also have a vendor with USMC shirts/hats/memorabilia and it's going to be a great time, so don't miss it! Bring a date or come alone! Semper Fi