PDA

View Full Version : Please help support injured Marines this holiday season!

DeepRecon
10-31-07, 10:58 AM
I hope this is not inappropriate to post here.

Please note that 100% of donations go directly to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.

Ironman New Zealand Race in support of the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (http://www.forcerecon.com/Semper-Fi-Fund-Raiser.htm)

Thank you!

RVHall
11-01-07, 10:37 AM
It's not my call, but to me any post that provides an opportunity to assist injured Marines is a good one. Thanks for providing that link.

DeepRecon, I have a question for you. I've been trying to uncover all the old photos in shoeboxes for the past 35 years and build a slideshow that will tell my grown children about those Marine Corps years. The one missing component was the Amphib Recon school at Coronado. Obviously we couldn't carry around cameras when we hit the hay around mid night and were up at 4:00 a.m. for PT. This was back in early to mid-1967. The school probably changed a lot since then. Do you know of any vintage photos of that time period for the Amphib Recon school at Coronado? Such photos would fill in the only important gap in the slide show for my kids.

My favorite Marine there was SSgt H. P. (Horsepower) Wiggins who led each morning's P.T. When he did chinups the bar hit his waist not his chin.

Semper Fi

DeepRecon
11-01-07, 11:12 AM
RVHall,

That was before my time, but I'll see what I can dig up.

DeepRecon
11-04-07, 09:49 AM
No amount is considered too small. :cool:

RVHall
11-04-07, 10:32 AM
Deep Recon

Thank you for your outstanding effort. I hope that this has generated some donations.

I have not donated because I'm scraping up every dollar I can afford to set up a small scholarship fund at the University of Oklahoma to augment the G.I. Bill for Marines. That's my excuse, however lame.

I hope that every Marine that is capable will help our returning Marine's in some way, either through volunteer work or by donating to some worthy cause like the Iron Man event, to assist returning Marines in adjusting to civilian life. Shortage of money equates to stress and that's not what you need when you get back to "the World."

DeepRecon
11-05-07, 01:20 PM
Thank you, RVHall.

DeepRecon
11-12-07, 06:34 PM
59% of goal.

Anything at will help. No amount is too small.