PDA

View Full Version : Needing help in KCMO. any help is welcome.

HardJedi
10-30-07, 10:57 PM
First and foremost, let me say thanks for even taking the time to read this.

Does anyone know any good fathers rights lawyers in the kansas city missouri area? I desperatley need to get my daughter, who just turned 12, away from her mother.
her mother grounds my daughter any time she even speaks wth anyone in my family
her mother takes away any money my daughter gets for her birthday or christmas and spends it on beer and cigs
her mother is now living with a man who just spent alot of last year in prison
her mother has 4 kids ( mines the oldest) by 4 different guys
her mother has a frickin 5th grade reading level and 4th grade math level and is of no help to my daughter in school
my daughter is required to do all laundry, cleaning and cooking for the family
her mother hasn't had a job of any kind in 4-5 years

my daughter has forgotten what it is to be a kid, and she KNOWS this, and that breaks my heart.

So i need help. desperatley need help finding a good lawyer who will help me out, who will understand that as a full time student I don't have alot of money myself right now, but I do have enough to live on and to take care of my kid. please, or maybe even a good national orginization, anything any of you could help with would mean the world to me and my kid.

thanks much

HardJedi
10-31-07, 09:42 AM
just a one time bump, hopefully some people on during the day time will have some advice. I posted this pretty late last night, after all

Apache
10-31-07, 10:46 AM
Looking at your profile i don't see current active duty.
I don't think you have legal services available ,it may be wise to ask a recruiter this question.
Second option I would explore is contacting your local police for direction.
Third option may be your local bar association in the phone book to referance a lawyer.
Probably going to COST you and with you a student-------------
Sincerly wish I had more to offer

grampsdw251
10-31-07, 12:21 PM
Our whole family has been in a very similar struggle with one of my granddaughters. Her dad has spent thousands of dollars on lawyers that drag around for months so they can run up fees--while the kid(7 years old)is still stuck in the crap.
When her dad finally found a female lawyer,things began to turn around.
It has been our experience in Tennessee, if you try to get full custody away from a mother you must prove her unfit. I said prove, not accuse. Not an easy task.
Mo. should have a child services div. or office that can help. Keep looking, Marine, giving up is not an option and
that little girl needs her daddy to stay in the fight.
All of you are on my prayer list. Lots of things seem to work out in some way when you draw on a higher power.
Good luck, buddy, Hang in.

GySgtRet
10-31-07, 12:33 PM
Since you are near the Kansas City finance center you mught want to give leagal services a call there. Not to represent you but there may be a Marine or Navy Judge Advocate listing in your area. They won't recommend all they will do is give you a list hopefully. Some may even do pro bono work depending on the circumstances.

I feel for you bro I really do.

Semper Fi

HardJedi
10-31-07, 04:58 PM
many thanks, Marines,. I do appriciate, as i said, ANY help, and advice is always welcome as well

Zulu 36
10-31-07, 05:52 PM
Several things you might be able to start on is to develop a "track record." First, contact the MO version of Children's Protective Services and make a child abuse/neglect complaint. Normally, these can be done anonymously. Make sure your accusations are as accurate as possible, don't make stuff up as it won't help at all.

Possibly, if the CPS people think your daughter is in the sh*t, they may yank her out right then and there. Make sure they know you are ready, willing, and able to take custody as soon as you hear they pulled the child out of the house (if they do so).

Second, the MO Bar Association should have a lawyer's reference service who can steer you to an attorney. A lawyer may cost, and the lawyer may do some of it pro bono (most bar associations require lawyers to do a certain amount of pro bono work per year).

Unless there are ongoing criminal law violations, the police won't be much help. If CPS finds abuse/neglect, they will get the police involved at that point.

Is your daughter's family on your side? Or, at least disgusted with her? If so, they may be your best helpers in getting custody. Family law judges will give the mother's family a lot of credence if they testify she is a sh*t mother.

One of my ex's nieces now lives with her father because my ex and her oldest sister testified that the third sister was a sh*t mom and that dad should have custody. That sister also had four kids by four different men. The niece's father was the only decent, hard-working, non-drug addict in the bunch. The third sister still hates them, but the little girl is safe so my ex and her oldest sister don't care.

yellowwing
10-31-07, 06:00 PM
Faith. Having faith that all actions will work out for the best for your daughter. Prayers won't hurt a bit!

tntmondy
10-31-07, 08:17 PM
Generally in most states once a child reaches the age of 12 a judge will take in consideration where she would like to live. Check were you go to school sometimes they have legal services that are free for a first time consult, and also may be able to refer you to a lawyer who can help. You definetly want a lawyer who specializes in family law and custody matters. You can google the MO bar assoc. alot of times they will have a link that will give you a list of lawyers in a specific area. I can't say this enough DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, every conversation with the ex, every thing you witness etc. Even if you think it isn't important write it down, it may help in a later court proceeding. If things are so bad that she needs to get out NOW you can file for emergency custody. There are also child advocates out there that may be able to help.

3077India
10-31-07, 08:51 PM
First and foremost, let me say thanks for even taking the time to read this.

Does anyone know any good fathers rights lawyers in the kansas city missouri area? I desperatley need to get my daughter, who just turned 12, away from her mother.
her mother grounds my daughter any time she even speaks wth anyone in my family
her mother takes away any money my daughter gets for her birthday or christmas and spends it on beer and cigs
her mother is now living with a man who just spent alot of last year in prison
her mother has 4 kids ( mines the oldest) by 4 different guys
her mother has a frickin 5th grade reading level and 4th grade math level and is of no help to my daughter in school
my daughter is required to do all laundry, cleaning and cooking for the family
her mother hasn't had a job of any kind in 4-5 years

my daughter has forgotten what it is to be a kid, and she KNOWS this, and that breaks my heart.

So i need help. desperatley need help finding a good lawyer who will help me out, who will understand that as a full time student I don't have alot of money myself right now, but I do have enough to live on and to take care of my kid. please, or maybe even a good national orginization, anything any of you could help with would mean the world to me and my kid.

thanks muchI really wish I could help you with your request, Marine. However, my best friend has some ties to the mob, they could probably get you better and faster results than the courts, but you might have to pay your debt to them in a way that could be, shall we say, unethical. :sick:

I wish you all the best in this matter and I truly hope it works out to the advantage of your daughter. A child is a very precious gift and deserves to be loved and cared for.

3077India
10-31-07, 08:55 PM
Generally in most states once a child reaches the age of 12 a judge will take in consideration where she would like to live. Check were you go to school sometimes they have legal services that are free for a first time consult, and also may be able to refer you to a lawyer who can help. You definetly want a lawyer who specializes in family law and custody matters. You can google the MO bar assoc. alot of times they will have a link that will give you a list of lawyers in a specific area. I can't say this enough DOCUMENT EVERYTHING, every conversation with the ex, every thing you witness etc. Even if you think it isn't important write it down, it may help in a later court proceeding. If things are so bad that she needs to get out NOW you can file for emergency custody. There are also child advocates out there that may be able to help.That is probably the best advice right there. Documentation is the key!!!!!!!!!

tonydzeek
10-31-07, 11:55 PM
Contact the County Child protective agency,give them the true story,make a complaint ,they must by law after fileing a complaint Investigate the allagations,there sounds like you can aligate Child Neglect, press the issue,don't let up go after them like the bulldogs we are.

SGTBrentG
11-01-07, 12:43 AM
Female attorney! Find the worst pitbull, female attorney you can find and figure out a way to pay her whatever she wants! I once needed an attorney, in MD, relating to my step daughters. I had some co-workers that referred me to female attorney and called her a "barracuda". Let me tell you something.....no attorney anywhere around wanted ANY of her! We called ALL the shots! Start asking around locally about who the "meanest" female attorney is.....you WILL win!