PDA

View Full Version : Searching for Marines who served with dad (58-61)

MyMarineDad
10-29-07, 07:20 PM
Anyway, I'm throwing a SURPRISE 70th birthday for my father, Duane Gull. I'm trying to locate any marines that served with him. Jan 1958-Jan 1961. I know he trained through Pendleton and his last assignment was MARTD, MARTC, NARTU, NAS, Alameda, CA. I'm not sure what other information you would need to know. If you know my father and/or have suggestions on how to locate marines who do, please let me know!

Thanks so much!:)

NO ONE SPECIAL>>>FOLLOW THE RULES....

RVHall
11-12-07, 11:23 PM
I wish you success in locating some of your father's Marine Corps friends. I don't know how my family would pull such a thing off, since I never spoke about it when my children were still young and living at home. Since this is a surprise party, you would have to be sneaky, but have you tried finding old photos that might have names on the back. Most guys aren't too keen on correspondence with other Marines, but maybe there is some box or drawer in which he keeps such things. If your mother is alive and well perhaps she could help. Does he have the boot camp yearbook still? That would list everyone in his boot camp platoon.

My thought is that if you could just come up with a few names, you could search this and other sites, and Google it. Slim chance I know.

In any case I wish your father a happy birthday and many more. If my daughter thinks of such a thing nine years from now, I'll be a lucky dad.

MyMarineDad
11-13-07, 07:43 AM
Thanks so much for your ideas! We are working on trying to get photos and names in an inconspicuous way...so hopefully it will all work out without him figuring out what we're doing!
Thanks again!!