PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Army LTC Allen West Returns Home

thedrifter
10-24-07, 06:39 AM
U.S. Army LTC Allen West Returns Home
Posted By Blackfive

A lot of you helped LTC West because of Blackfive. I thank you for that.

Al West is returning home to Ft. Lauderdale after two and half years in Afghanistan:

...we want you to know that Allen will be home Nov. 2--a week from Friday! His plane is scheduled to land in Ft. Lauderdale around noon.

Since it's the middle of a work day, and since arrival times tend to be variable, we thought it would be more practical not to try to do an airport welcome. And anyway, he hasn't seen his family in six months, so they are the priority!

Our welcome home for Allen will be on Sunday, November 11 in Boynton Beach. He will be one of the guest speakers at the City's Veterans Day ceremony at 2 pm in Intracoastal Park, 2240 N. Federal Highway, near Gateway Blvd. This is a nonpartisan event to honor our nation's heroes. The main speaker will be Boynton's Mayor Jerry Taylor, who is himself a veteran. Immediately following, refreshments will be served at the VFW across the street, where we will welcome Allen home. This is also a nonpartisan, nonpolitical event. We invite everyone to come and honor our military in true Americana style. Please join us to welcome home one of our very own heroes after 2 1/2 years in Afghanistan. This is a great chance to meet, say hello and have a good time.

However, the big news is that HE IS RUNNING FOR CONGRESS!

GO WEST!:thumbup:

Ellie

thedrifter
10-24-07, 06:41 AM
The Case for LTC West - Update 8
Posted By Blackfive

The case for LTC West was covered on the O'Reilly Factor tonight, and Mr. O'Reilly spoke to his lawyer, Col. (Ret.) Neil Puckett. The following is a synopsis of a verbal statement from LTC West's lawyer:

The Trial Judge has recommended non-judicial punishment which means NO COURT MARTIAL. His Commanding General will make a ruling on what the punishment may be, if any. This is proper procedure.

Bottome Line: THIS MEANS THAT HE WILL NOT LOSE HIS PENSION.

And I will be watching for the General's recommendation. I will bet the max that he will get will be either restriction already served (he already was relieved of command) or a month's pay forfeiture. Not saying I agree, just saying that's the max I think he will get.

Opening that bottle of Johnny Walker Blue right now. Will post any news stories backing up Col. (Ret.) Puckett as they arise, but, as of 10:30PM CST, nothing new has gone up about LTC West on the news sites.

Ellie

Mark and I are friends with West....so now You know why we got some stories first hand;)

Ellie

Yes we also know Neal;)