PDA

View Full Version : New Here

tsachsjr
10-23-07, 11:36 PM
Although I registered here a while back, work keeps me from visiting a lot of sites I want to get to. I spend a lot of time running a site for Marine Parents of Marines in the 1/6 so free time is a luxory I don't have much of. I work in the oilfield in North Texas near the Ft. Worth area and am the proud father of Cpl. Chase. He is readying for his second deployment, thankfully a MEU this time around, and just made Cpl a couple of weeks ago. His mother and I are very proud of him and what he is doing. I hope to get here more often now that I'm on night shift and get more time for surfing.

davblay
10-24-07, 12:04 AM
Welcome to the site, surf around, drop us a line, pull up a foot locker and have a cold one.

tsachsjr
10-24-07, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the beer, I think I will pull up a footlocker to park it on too. I hope to see a lot more of this place since it will give me a break from the one I run for the parents. It's a good place, don't get me wrong, but it's mostly the moms there worrying about their sons. I'm not saying I don't worry about mine, but I know he was well trained and in good hands so it makes it a bit easier I guess. Here's mud in your eye, thanks again for the cold one.

bucksgted
10-24-07, 12:28 AM
Welcome aboard, Ted! Hope you can keep the mommas happy cause the only thing meaner than a Marine is a Marine's Momma!! LMAO

tsachsjr
10-24-07, 12:34 AM
Thanks Ed, will do. You're right about the Marine Mom for sure. Anyone that can raise a Marine has to have some bad in her. Lord knows the wife can scare a Drill Instructor half to death when she gives you the "look".

yellowwing
10-24-07, 05:45 AM
Welcome aboard Ted! Tell me about those model helicopters, they sound cool.

HardJedi
10-24-07, 08:03 AM
welcome! 1/6 huh? I served in charlie co, 1/6. 3rd plt. hope your boy is well and makes it home safe

tsachsjr
10-24-07, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. My son is currently at CLJ, but is getting ready for their next deployment right after New Years some time. We are lucky this time around, they are going on a "Float" and should have a lot easier deployment than the last one. They'll be the BLT for the 24th MEU. He's and 0352, but on last deployment they never even saw a TOW or Javelin let alone fire one so he was basically an 0311 for the last one. He just finished Leadership School and is now out in the field training. Gotta love that they train them so much, makes it easier as a father knowing they are so well trained and go in prepared.

Yellowwing, the R/C helicopters are a blast, but expensive and addictive. I've been doing the R/C planes for about thirty years now, and the helicopters for about three. It's a good way to stop drinking, socializing, or spending money on anything other than helicopters. I have four of them, the most expensive one being the smallest one. It's an electric one that has every bell and whistle I could afford, and not afford, to put on it. I plan on bringing one up here where I work next time I go home to visit. The last time I was home was in July so no telling how long before I go back.

Apache
10-24-07, 05:51 PM
Welcome Aborad
Again,keep the mama-San's pleased
Otherwise they can make breathing difficult !
I have a teacher for a wife who has "the look" perfected,can halt a whole heard of children up to 6th grade in thier tracks !:evilgrin:

yellowwing
10-26-07, 12:04 PM
A man's hobbies can drive him to the poor house if you ain't careful! Luckily we got good women to keep us in check.

tsachsjr
10-26-07, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, I have a favor to ask already, and I'm not sure if this is the place to do it, but here goes. My sister is doing a condolence book for a "Doc". She hasn't had a lot of responses to requests for letters so I thought I would ask here. Here is the post she put up at the site I run for family of the 1/6.

Navy Hospitalman PO2 Charles "Luke" Milam

Dear Military Families and Friends,

It is my honor to assemble a book of remembrance, condolence and support for the family of Navy Hospitalman Petty Officer Second Class Charles “Luke” Milam. This proud corpsman became a fallen hero on September 25, 2007 while conducting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Milam was a hospital corpsman assigned to the 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Camp Lejeune, NC. We all know how important the Corpsman is to the Marines that he is attached with. Please send your messages of condolence/support to pmaterri @ yahoo.com (leave out the spaces). If you would like to mail your condolence please email me privately for my address.

Luke is survived by his parents, Michael and Rita Milam from Seattle, his sister, Jaeme, and brothers, Keith and Andrew. This hero was laid to rest at Fort Logan National Cemetery. During the last six years this was his 4th tour of duty, 3 tours in Iraq and this one in Afghanistan. According to reports from his brother Luke said he would have gone back however many times it took to get the job done. He was planning on making the Navy his career.
Throughout his time serving our country he has received the Purple Heart, 2 Combat Action Ribbons, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and two Sea Service Deployment Ribbons.

Luke graduated from Columbine High School in 1999. Two months after 2 fellow students killed 12 other students and teachers he joined the Navy. He enlisted in 1999 went to bootcamp in Great Lakes, Ill; graduated from the Naval Hospital Corps School December 1999; Field Medical Service School Camp, Camp Lejeune, NC; Navy Dives Salvage Training Center, Panama City, FL; and trained at John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center, NC.

He followed in the military footsteps of his brother Keith and his grandfather Charles. He was killed while engaged with his unit in 30 hours of fierce fighting with Taliban forces in Afghanistan.

DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
The Department of Defense announced today the death of a sailor who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Petty Officer Second Class Charles Luke Milam, 26, of Littleton, Colo., died September 25, while conducting combat operations in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Milam was a hospital corpsman assigned to 2nd Marine Special Operations Battalion, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
For further information related to this release, contact Navy Public Affairs at (703) 697-5342.

Thank you all for helping me let this family know how much we care about them and that their son will NEVER be forgotten.

Like I said, I don't know that this is the place to do it so if not, just delete this post. Thanks for the warm welcome again.

Ted "DadofVlad"
Admin of eBattalion

jrhd97
10-26-07, 11:41 PM
Welcome aboard. Thanks to you and son for serving. Its not just him, its the whole family behind him.