PDA

View Full Version : MRP Delay

USMCDrippin
10-23-07, 10:51 AM
We received another letter from our recruit. He is in MRP and will have surgery this Friday and is expected to by out for about seven weeks of recovery before returning to week two. He remains very motivated and told Mom not to worry. ha ha. He told us he received his first big chew from four DI's at one time. "It was very cool!" You gotta love these young men.

If you have any questions about MRP, we are living through it and have learned a great deal. Our recruit is in great hands and he loves the environment. "It is just a small delay and I will return a Marine... nothing will stop me."

God Bless

JL for rct Rollie

yellowwing
10-23-07, 10:54 AM
Dang, your son is a hard charging Man now. Keep us updated and maybe we shall see him as a Marine!

USMCDrippin
10-23-07, 11:00 AM
Thank you. He has a small cyst on his lower back and they want to be sure he does not aggravate it. He will gradutate!!! I know him.

JL

PatriotGirl422
10-23-07, 09:31 PM
Wow you should be very proud of your son. I thought that 13 weeks was a long time to be on the Island. I could never imagine having to have the motivation to get myself through all those extra weeks if I was injured. That's some true dedication there. From what he's saying in his letters, I too believe that he will earn his Title and be back here as a Marine in a few months.

HardJedi
10-23-07, 10:19 PM
give him all our best wishes

USMCDrippin
10-24-07, 09:23 AM
Thank you!!! We should all be proud. Mom is not a happy camper right now but we have faith and we raised a good one.

JL

USMCDrippin
10-29-07, 04:36 PM
Surgery was today. He is doing fine and should be out of recovery in a few weeks. MRP pushes the envelope on the need for massive support and this site is very helpful in providing additional information regarding our ability to maintain motivation. He was upset about missing his primary graduation date but he is looking forward to joining the next BN, Co and Platoon. One day at a time.....

Jl for rct Rollie

Phantom Blooper
10-29-07, 04:39 PM
Glad to hear he's doing well! Mom I been close to death twice and I was not in recovery for a few weeks. The most 6hrs then intensive care. I hope this is what you meant. Good luck to him and to you!:evilgrin:

USMCDrippin
10-29-07, 04:47 PM
Blooper: All is good with our recruit. MRP is what it is... and motivation is key. The Marine family is always supportive and this young man is receiving massive support. He wants to get back in the mix and down time is enemy time.

Ever Forward

USMCDrippin
10-30-07, 04:28 PM
Received call from recruit and doc. All went well and should be back in the mix in four weeks. Recruit is very motivated and was named platoon leader on Monday.

Jl

yellowwing
10-30-07, 09:12 PM
Received call from recruit and doc. All went well and should be back in the mix in four weeks. Recruit is very motivated and was named platoon leader on Monday.

Jl
That's terrific to hear! Being platoon leader will keep his spirits up too. (He won't have time to get bummed out)