View Full Version : Wounded Marines & Corpsmen at Bethesda

GyGUSMCRet
04-03-03, 08:23 AM
3 April

MILINET: Wounded Marines & Corpsmen at Bethesda

==============================

Marines and friends of Marines:
Â
This morning I became aware of an outreach to the recuperating Marines and Navy Corpsman at Bethesda Naval Hospital. I want to share this in case anyone out there is interested in contributing.
Â
Some Marine Wives wanted to do something for the recuperating Marines. They decided to contract local industries (Raytheon, Boeing, Rolls Royce, et al) for donations and then delivered ball caps, industry "trinkets" (key chains, etc), as well as some Phone Cards to the injured Marines. The Marines were very grateful for the gifts. When asked what they really needed, they said they needed basic clothing - their uniforms were mostly cut up and discarded enroute from Iraq. (Carols SitRep Letter attached)
Â
As of last night there were 37 Marines and Navy Corpsmen - unfortunately, there are more arriving.
Â

If you or your company wishes to assist in meeting their immediate needs, they could use:
Sweat shirts
Sweat pants
TShirts
Socks
Boxer undershorts

Sizes vary from L to XL mostly (with a few M) - looser is probably better
Â
Some of the Marines have lost limbs and many will undergo physical rehab - the sweats will become even more important to them later.
Â
Only the most seriously injured have their families flown in - all others must call home "on their own dime" - phone cards will be greatly appreciated by these young Devildogs.
Â
There are a few groundrules:
• Do NOT ship/send these items to the Naval Hospital - Carol Sefton has a team of Marine Wives ready to accept and deliver any donated items
• Do NOT send balloons/confetti-type gifts
• Do NOT send cash or checks - the closest thing to money that is acceptable is the above-mentioned Phone Card

Â
All items either with or without greeting cards should be shipped to:
Mrs. Carol Sefton
8412 Fenwood Drive
Springfield, VA 22152
csefton@cox.net
Â
Any and all questions should be addressed to Carol (sorry, Carol)
Â
I know I can speak for all when I say "Thank You" to Carol Sefton, Brenda Nyland and all Marine Wives working on this effort. I know that industry, the USO and like organizations will address many of the longer-term needs of these veterans but any help you might be able to offer can help them right now.
Â
Semper fidelis,
                      Â
Rusty
Â
Â
William R. (Rusty) Jones
Director, Marine Corps Activities
Analysis, Concepts and Requirements
SYColeman, Inc.
1745 Jefferson Davis Highway
Crystal Square 4, Suite 900
Arlington, VAÂ 22202
(703) 413-8282 Receptionist
(703) 769-1425 Personal
(703) 413-4244 Fax
Â

thedrifter
04-03-03, 08:31 AM
Thanks Gunny for the info.........

Sempers,

Roger

thedrifter
04-03-03, 11:36 AM
Getting the Word out......Fellow Brothers Need some supplies........

Sempers,

Roger