PDA

View Full Version : Jahhead88

Phantom Blooper
10-20-07, 06:52 PM
In you and your families time of mourning and strife I hope that you took time for yourself and had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer:

Osotogary
10-20-07, 07:16 PM
You were born today and I have become a better man for it.
I have never met you in person but I have read your postings and have been both humbled and enlightened by them, especially those postings concerning your sons.
Like I have said before, I had come perilously close, quite a number of years ago, to experiencing what you and you family have gone through these recent weeks. I don't know if I could have been so eloquent and insightfull if things had turned out otherwise.
The best of all possible birthday wishes to you and yours. Happy Birthday.
Sincerely,
Gary

Wyoming
10-20-07, 07:18 PM
In you and your families time of mourning and strife I hope that you took time for yourself and had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :beer:

Amen and Semper Fi, My Brother!!

davblay
10-20-07, 07:59 PM
Happy Birthday and Semper Fi to you and your family!

jahhead88
10-20-07, 08:10 PM
Thank you Marines. I appreciate your wishing me a happy birthday. Today I had to go pick out the plot for my boys to be laid to rest. It's ironic, I'm trained to shoot and hit a target at 500 yards....

LeonardLawrence
10-20-07, 08:12 PM
Here is to another year and your best work for you and in the memory of your sons ahead of you!

I mourn and toast with you at the same time....:cry: :beer:

jahhead88
10-20-07, 08:44 PM
Semper Fi Marines. My sons will not be forgotten. Whenever I feel stress in traffic, I will remember my son's hooked up to those machines. Whenever I start to think I've got it bad, I will remember how hard my sons fought to stay alive for more than 24 hours.

The doctors told me that Daniel developed septic shock very quickly. Had he lived, I was told he would have been paralyzed. His brother Andrew had bleeding on the left side of his brain; a category 4; the highest and most severe. Andrew also developed pneumonia, his problems with his heart valves and his kidney's started to shut down. If Andrew had lived he would have had severe cerebal palsy, been wheel chair bound, and probably would not have developed beyond the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

These boys fought hard for a much deserved victory. Yes, I don't deny I wanted them to live, and to be able to take them home. However, with what they would have faced, and what they have to look forward to now, I do not mourn their passing. I rejoice in the fact they are no longer in pain.

I won't deny part of me still hurts, but at the same time I know these boys are standing tall, free from tubes, ventilators, and all sorts of machines. Let's toast their courage. I will always be grateful for the time I had with them, and look forward to the day I can re join them. Until then, I will strive to live each day to the fullest.

When I went to Cardinal Glennon Hospital, I will say that I thought things were going bad. Those boys locked me on. I didn't have it as bad as I thought I did.

Jahhead88

Scottyva
10-20-07, 10:58 PM
Semper Fi Bro and when you thought you were at your lowest point in life Your Brothers and Sisters in the Corps rose to the occasion as we have done so often in the History of the Republic.

I hope that you did have a great Birthday and that we all still recieve the Blessings from the Supreme Commandant

jahhead88
10-21-07, 12:11 AM
You're right. My brothers and sister Marines stepped up. Thanks for the birthday wishes. As far as blessings from the Supreme Commandant, many of them are on this board.

thedrifter
10-21-07, 06:19 AM
Happy Birthday!

You are in my prayers.

Ellie

GUNNY MAX
10-22-07, 10:17 AM
Happy belated Brian.

jetdawgg
10-22-07, 11:05 AM
Jarhead88 Happy birthday. :usmc:

Camper51
10-22-07, 11:39 AM
A day late and a dollar short for me, as usual.

Happy Birthday Marine

Prayers outgoing...

lovdog
10-22-07, 11:58 AM
88:

Best wishes on your birthday!!
From the number of hits on your posts, your plight has touched the hearts of alot of Marines and families from coast to coast - probably worldwide by now.
I've always believed that everything happens for a reason - I'm not sure why bad things happen to good people sometimes - and at times things just don't make "any" sense at all - thats the wonderment of life I suppose.
But, I will guarantee that there are probably thousands out there now - that will hug their kids a little tighter, appreciate their wives a bit more for the sacrifices that they make and take a look up at the sky and thank God for the precious lives that they constantly take for granted because of your writings.
Thanks!!
Oh, by the way, when your talking to your boys tonight in "your" prayers - thank them too from all of us!!

SF

BOOGIEMAN44
10-22-07, 01:56 PM
Happy Birthday Brother, My Prayers Go Out To You And Your Family, Mark

jahhead88
10-22-07, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. And lovdog, if my boys passing results in others appreciating their lives and families a little more, than it wasn't a bad thing.

jetdawgg
10-22-07, 02:59 PM
Jarhead88 Marine of the Quarter:usmc:

Scottyva
10-22-07, 03:44 PM
I submit Jarhead88 for Marine of the Year.
quote=jetdawgg]Jarhead88 Marine of the Quarter:usmc:[/quote]

jahhead88
10-22-07, 05:25 PM
The nominations are much appreciated, but I feel that I would have to share the honor with the other Marines on this board.

jetdawgg
10-22-07, 05:44 PM
The nominations are much appreciated, but I feel that I would have to share the honor with the other Marines on this board.

Brother you have already shared enough. This one's on us collectively. If anything, write up one those statements about it:usmc:

jahhead88
10-22-07, 10:04 PM
Jetdawgg, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. If anything, I think the award should go to my boys.

jetdawgg
10-23-07, 09:35 AM
Jetdawgg, I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. If anything, I think the award should go to my boys.

Marine, just write up something like you think they would say it to their proud father.

You have such a gift with words, I know you can do it.:usmc:

jahhead88
10-23-07, 10:35 AM
Jetdawgg: <br />
<br />
How's this? <br />
<br />
To: Our Father with love <br />
<br />
From: Your sons, Daniel Joseph and Andrew Grant Ouellette. <br />
<br />
In recognition of your tireless devotion to us and our mothers...

jetdawgg
10-23-07, 10:48 AM
Jarehead88 if I was not a Marine, I would cry. Your way with words is a gift. You add such humanity to the event.

Jarhead88, Marine of the Year '007:usmc:

SF

yellowwing
10-23-07, 10:49 AM
Just retire with your wife and weep for a bit. When you come back we got your 6! You're one of us. All of our strength and character is yours to draw upon.