PDA

View Full Version : Beginning day 11/32 of Con. leave.

Achped
10-20-07, 12:17 AM
Ridiculous. For those who don't know, I am in MRP/SOI at Camp Geiger for stress fractures in my left foot.

I went on Convalescent leave from the 6th of Oct to the 15th, had an appointment with a podiatrist the 16th, and they found TWO MORE stress fractures in my foot, which brings the total to like 4, and a broken toe. So they recommended 30 days of con leave (got approved for 21) again and put my whole leg in this God-aweful itchy fiberglass cast.

I'm now on con leave again from today until our Birthday. I'm not complaining about the con leave, I'd rather be here at home than with those s*** bag, de-motivating, thieving, loser f***s at MRP on Camp Geiger, but still. I want to be in training and get to the fleet! Four stress fractures? That's not going to heal in 21 days! And I've got soft tissue damage. I'm going to be in MRP for a llonnggg time. How did all this happen? They're talking about making me an admin or supply MOS or something (I was/am 0300) or at worst, an administrative separation? (The doctors told me since I'm motivated they're going to work with me and make that an absolutely positively last resort) They told me alot of people who have problems like mine are given permanent personel jobs as drivers and such at Geiger and Lejeune. I don't care what I do, just as long as I stay in the Marine Corps (My main goal) and I get the hell out of MRP (my secondary goal, but I will not give up being a Marine just to get out of MRP)

*Sigh*...Semper Fi Devil Dogs. I guess I'm gonna be in this for the long haul.

-Trying to Stay Motivated

davblay
10-20-07, 01:09 AM
Matt, take what they give you as far as a job. I did after I got out of the hospital. I was assigned as 0141, clerk for HQ/HQCO, Fortrps, FMFLAnd 2nd MarDiv CLNC. They can find something for you to do, trust me, don't fight it, go with the flow. All jobs are important.

LeonardLawrence
10-20-07, 06:58 PM
Achped,
Dont let it get you down...keep the faith!

Maybe with your profile pic you could break into modeling in the meantime!;)

TazMatt
10-20-07, 07:48 PM
Matt Supply is a good field to get into. When I was in I broke my right foot twice and was still able to do my job as a supply Sgt. It also kept me from going to the drill field at the time but I really wasn't motivated enough to want to go to the drill field anyway so it worked out for me. Don't give up they will find something for you to do if that is what you really want. Semper Fi Sgt. TazMatt

Merc6432
10-20-07, 09:21 PM
Wow, I wish the Corps had done that for me when I was in. All they did was boot me out involuntarily for an elective knee surgery. My MOS was 6300 Avionics. I was even able to pass PFT still so I couldn't understand why they let me go. Don't let them say you have to go home. Fight it for all it is worth. I am fighting to get back in right now. Getting back in after your out is a difficult task. Unfortunately being out for 8 years, I have gained too much weight. I am making progress though. I have set my goals to getting back in around mid December.

Semper Fi Marine!