PDA

View Full Version : Camp Fuji Pets?

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 03:03 AM
I was reading about Okinawa in some of the threads and got to thinking.

Was curious if anyone was at Camp Fuji and remembered the three legged dog named "Tripod". My experience while I was there was he would howl along with "Colors" and follow any company humping it out to the ranges....this was in 1996 or 1998. Anyone else run into him? If I think about it later I am going to try and find a picture of him and use it as my profile pic. It took alot of bearing to not laugh during colors when this dog started to howl.....

Anyone have any good mascot stories that don't involve dogs with rank? Nothing ticks me off more than a fleabag that outranks me.....er, I mean, good morning, Sgt. Jiggs.... ;)

sparkie
10-13-07, 07:53 AM
I remember having a pet scorpion at 29 Stumps, a lot of us did. The tradition was you had to dig them out with your bare hands to own one.

LeonardLawrence
10-13-07, 06:34 PM
A scorpion? No thanks! A chuckwalla maybe, a road runner, definitely, but a scorpion....not a chance.

I updated my profile pic. I thought I had a better pic of the dog, but that is all I have. And...since I have been begging the ladies for a camouflage face photo...and a good Cpl. wouldn't do ask someone to do something they wont do...I added.

Anyone remember the dog?:confused: